• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Bidengate Breaks... err... down

In Hunter Biden probe, U.S. attorney given evidence of tax, gun crimes - The Washington Post.

The investigation into Hunter Biden began in 2018, and became a central focus for then-president Donald Trump during his unsuccessful 2020 reelection effort. Initially, the investigation centered around Hunter Biden’s finances related to overseas business ties and consulting work. Over time, investigators with multiple agencies focused closely on whether he did not report all of his income, and whether he lied on gun purchase paperwork in 2018,.

Of course this means Trump will be defending him for not paying taxes, and the gun freaks will be taking his side on the gun charge.

Still nothing on Joe.

In Hunter Biden probe, U.S. attorney given evidence of tax, gun crimes - The Washington Post.

The investigation into Hunter Biden began in 2018, and became a central focus for then-president Donald Trump during his unsuccessful 2020 reelection effort. Initially, the investigation centered around Hunter Biden’s finances related to overseas business ties and consulting work. Over time, investigators with multiple agencies focused closely on whether he did not report all of his income, and whether he lied on gun purchase paperwork in 2018,.

Of course this means Trump will be defending him for not paying taxes, and the gun freaks will be taking his side on the gun charge.

Still nothing on Joe.
I'm kinda surprised TS didn't post this already. Must not have hit the Daily Mail yet.

Anyway, at least the rampant crime wave is over, and we can finally impeach Hunter Biden from the government job he never had.

Wait, so the this whole controversy started two fucking years before all this laptop bullshit? And this laptop bullshit is precisely that - bullshit? And Hunter is only guilty of what literally every other spoiled little rich kid does?

Man, Q-tards are fucking pathetic when it comes to scandals.

Tan Suit Syndrome”:
- manufacturing scandals from whole cloth

It used to be an art a la the original swiftboat incident, but now it’s a blunt instrument that can be universally wielded against any opponent, obviating any need to spend time or money on actual “issues”.

Tan Suit Syndrome”:
- manufacturing scandals from whole cloth

It used to be an art a la the original swiftboat incident, but now it’s a blunt instrument that can be universally wielded against any opponent, obviating any need to spend time or money on actual “issues”.
I might have my Obama scandals mixed up, but didn't the dijon mustard debacle occur before or after the tan suit?

On a side note, I'm a bit disappointed TSwizzle hasn't posted his thoughts about the this year's number 1 blockbuster My Son Hunter yet. I was going to let him have a crack at it first before I lobbed in my $0.02 (minor spoiler; according to the movie "based on true events" the George Floyd protests began in 2019).

This may be revealing;

America First Legal (AFL) filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit in a Washington, D.C., federal court Tuesday, stating that the FBI is violating the law by failing to publicize its communications with Facebook and other Big Tech companies that worked with the agency to "censor news and information" about Hunter Biden's laptop immediately before the 2020 presidential election. In an August 2022 FOIA request, AFL originally requested that the FBI make public its communications with Facebook between Oct. 1 and Nov. 15 2020. In a response last week, the FBI called AFL's FOIA request "overly broad" and did not provide the information requested. As a result, AFL moved forward with filing a lawsuit to receive the communications. The lawsuit states: "The evidence is that the FBI and Big Tech, including Facebook, colluded to interfere with the 2020 Presidential election first by falsely and maliciously labeling the laptop 'Russian disinformation' and then by censoring and/or discrediting all news about its contents. Now, barely a month before the 2022 midterm election, FBI officials continue to suppress information of great interest to American voters and stonewall AFL’s request for records relating to the FBI’s collusive scheme with Facebook to censor news and information about the contents of Hunter Biden’s laptop," continues the lawsuit.

Fox News

I don't doubt the FBI were involved in trying to suppress the Hunter Biden laptop story.
You are taking the claims as being true. Sorry, but the Republicans have a recent track record of filing lawsuits to rile up their supporters but then they fizzle out at the first encounter with the courtroom because lying to the people is legal, lying to the court is prone to getting the lawyers sanctioned or even disbarred if they are abusive enough.

It would not surprise me if certain sources of disinformation, occasionally of the sort that generally crows loudly about such events as the laptop of a lout that was politicized rather than turned in to the FBI immediately, had Russian contact.

Seriously, it would have actually damaged Hunter Biden if the laptop had been immediately submitted to the FBI and then just recollected of to the media after turning it over.

"I found this naughty stuff, and immediately reported it to the FBI."
This. If you're fixing machines you should understand what to do with the things you stumble on.

Mostly that amounts to pretending you didn't see it. If you see something that looks criminal you go straight to the cops. You don't go exploring through client data unless you are doing data recovery!

The sad thing is that HB may be convicted, but Trump and Kushner may end up getting away with all of what they have done.

The saying is 'who said life is fair'.

Trump has a very real chance of becoming President in 2025. Forget about him not going to jail not being fair.

Reports that Hunter Biden may be on the cusp of criminal charges related to his taxes and statements he has given about a gun purchase prove at least one thing: The myriad controversies involving the president’s son were a legitimate news story deserving of serious journalistic investigation, even though they weren’t treated that way when they first arose. But the appearances matter and need investigation. Only real inquiries into the younger Biden’s manifestly suspect activities can ever separate fact from fiction. The press needs to be willing to seriously scrutinize his ventures and carefully cover any legal or congressional investigations that occur in the future. the initial reaction of much of the press and the biggest social media companies was to shut down that discussion. They did a great disservice to the voting public and the principle of accountability, an error that should not be repeated as new facts from the ongoing investigation come to light. Politico published a story about a letter that more than 50 former senior intelligence officials signed pointing to the factors that made them suspect Russian involvement in the emails obtained by the New York Post. “If we are right, this is Russia trying to influence how Americans vote in this election, and we believe strongly that Americans need to be aware of this,” the letter read. Major social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter then suppressed distribution of stories about the emails, with Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg later saying Facebook acted in accordance with broader disinformation warnings from the FBI. However, the emails were later at least partially authenticated by multiple major news organizations.

NBC News

Shameful.

It looks like TSwizzle waited out the page with all that embarrassing discussion of some rather interesting perspective on all this Hunter Biden stuff, so here it is again:
I mean for fuck sakes, Al Franken jumped on a sword when he was shamed, and having a kid who is a terrible lout is going to be seen a way by folks who do, for the sake of whatever failure of the human condition may give rise to such, are slaves to a purity drive.

I keep asking folks who invoke it to explain it semantically, and they just can't seem to do it.

But it's a thing that a lot of humans are born feeling and they can't not feel it so they might as well learn to shape it, define it, learn it's limitations, and where intuition either betrays or guides to solid foundations, and learn how to keep people from manipulating you with it.

Many won't though, and the Republicans bank on that standing wave of disgust and their ability to direct it at someone over the grave sin of having a lout for a child.

But they even fucked that up. Who knows where Rudy got it from at this point. It could in fact be a work of fiction. There are people who specialize in that, many of which originate from Russian troll farms.

TSwizzle: you can always count on them when confronted with felonies against our country's most dire laws relating directly to the handling of nuclear secrets, to attempt to change the subject to someone who isn't in any office of public trust or responsibility at all and a laptop full of transparently doctored "evidence".

Oh wait, this is actually a thread about bidengate. Look at that.

Let me reiterate:

Bidengate: someone who isn't in any office of public trust or responsibility at all and a laptop full of transparently doctored "evidence".

I mean, if a president were to appoint their criminal child to a cabinet position and give them access to the sort of documents people get executed for not being authorized to have, I would understand how scandalous that could be.

Wouldn't it be terrifying if a president did that with  multiple criminal children?

I dare say that would shake the very security of our democracy and institutions.

We should be glad then that we have a president didn't appoint their useless child who has been ruined by access to money and influence to such positions. Well, that we have one  now at least.
As I read recently, the FBI were working with internet social media sites to stop disinformation, especially Russian disinformation. Hunter Biden's laptop was never mentioned in their discussions.
So, that's fairly interesting that there appears to be some tacit equivocation happening between the Hunter Biden thing and "disinformation, especially Russian disinformation".

It would not surprise me if certain sources of disinformation, occasionally of the sort that generally crows loudly about such events as the laptop of a lout that was politicized rather than turned in to the FBI immediately, had Russian contact.

Seriously, it would have actually damaged Hunter Biden if the laptop had been immediately submitted to the FBI and then just recollected of to the media after turning it over.

"I found this naughty stuff, and immediately reported it to the FBI."

They could have just done that, and gone on the nightly news about what they found and turned over, and then an investigation would be imminently conducted.

Hunter Biden would, if there was any real evidence there, be in jail, and Biden would have lost significant political capital even with Democrats. Not with me, on account I don't give a shit if his son, devoid as he is of responsibility, is a no-good lout. I've seen plenty of decent people turn out a foul lout or two.

Even so, he would have ended up a one term president.

That's the most ridiculous part of this.

The GOP in their effort to politicize a scandal quickly entered into a parade of self-sabotage.

Even so, what it has become NOW seems to be exactly the sort of disinformation that Russia specializes in. We know there was Russian contact with Rudy Giuliani.

You know sometimes I wonder why persistent trolls so often appear in internet forums to spread disinformation year after year. It's well known that Russia runs various troll farms from around the world, and pays people to post really stupid shit and press certain disinformation narratives.

I wonder who broke the Hunter Biden laptop store here for that matter.

After all, usually people just kind of shut up about it when all the above is pointed out.

But I guess other times people equivocate "going after especially russian seeming disinformation" with "suppressing the Hunter Biden laptop story".

Nothing has changed insofar as there are some egregiously disgraceful things that happened with regards to the children of US presidents, and the shit with Hunter Biden doesn't even enter into the top 10 scandals involving Presidential children in the last 20 years.

Of course, that's because there was a really hard act to follow on that front. I'm pretty sure the top 20 are all pegged by the previous administration.

Honestly, I find any attempt to use a president's politically uninvolved child as a political weapon pretty shameful

Reports that Hunter Biden may be on the cusp of criminal charges related to his taxes and statements he has given about a gun purchase prove at least one thing: The myriad controversies involving the president’s son were a legitimate news story deserving of serious journalistic investigation, even though they weren’t treated that way when they first arose. But the appearances matter and need investigation. Only real inquiries into the younger Biden’s manifestly suspect activities can ever separate fact from fiction. The press needs to be willing to seriously scrutinize his ventures and carefully cover any legal or congressional investigations that occur in the future. the initial reaction of much of the press and the biggest social media companies was to shut down that discussion. They did a great disservice to the voting public and the principle of accountability, an error that should not be repeated as new facts from the ongoing investigation come to light. Politico published a story about a letter that more than 50 former senior intelligence officials signed pointing to the factors that made them suspect Russian involvement in the emails obtained by the New York Post. “If we are right, this is Russia trying to influence how Americans vote in this election, and we believe strongly that Americans need to be aware of this,” the letter read. Major social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter then suppressed distribution of stories about the emails, with Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg later saying Facebook acted in accordance with broader disinformation warnings from the FBI. However, the emails were later at least partially authenticated by multiple major news organizations.

NBC News

Shameful.

It is shameful that NBC published that dreck. Why in the world does James Antle care so much whether Hunter Biden cheated on his taxes?

NBC News

Shameful.

It is shameful that NBC published that dreck. Why in the world does James Antle care so much whether Hunter Biden cheated on his taxes?
Because if they can't manufacture a story about a Biden cheating on their taxes, people might find only "Trump Gaggle in hoc over not paying taxes" in their Google searches.

NBC News

Shameful.
Written by W. James Antle III, ex-editor and contributing editor of The American Conservative.

And then there was today's video:

It is to the point now where the right wing is assaulting people for doing what they should do. Treating a family member with compassion who is struggling is now - according to Hannity and our own little right wing pundit - a bad thing. Loving and worrying about your children is for "liberal snowflakes."

It is to the point now where the right wing is assaulting people for doing what they should do. Treating a family member with compassion who is struggling is now - according to Hannity and our own little right wing pundit - a bad thing. Loving and worrying about your children is for "liberal snowflakes."
hannity.jpeg

But seriously, I remember an interview that happened more than 10 years back where Hannity expressed some pride when he recalled how his dad used to beat him. The Onion isn't that far off.

Back
Top Bottom