• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Bidengate Breaks... err... down

Weird how this morning Twizzle went off on yet another "we must do something about Hunter Biden!" rant.

Weird how the Brandon Bros get all worked up about a "nothing burger".
You've been the one bumping the thread with Daily Mail spam.
"Bruh...why you so triggered? I got my "Let's Go Brandon" t-shirt, my MAGA hat, and I just bought another stack of "I Did That" stickers to put on gas pumps! I've also got a classic "Hillary for Prison 2016" t-shirt for sale on EBay that's still in the original plastic wrapping! It's gonna be worth a fortune someday! Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to get back to searching the internet for "Hunter Biden's Laptop" over and over again and posting links to the stories. I just find them mildly interesting, but bruh...you're like a triggered snowflake. Trump 2024!!!"

Daily Mail
The funny part is that no one here is particularly enamored with President Biden. Yes, he has managed to sign three massive bills with a 51-50 majority in the US Senate, which is unparalleled really and thanks to Sen. Schumer (and the GOP whined about Reid), but the idea we are Brandon Bros is really just fucking hilarious.
People who are blindly loyal to an authoritarian figure can't wrap their mind around other folks not being blindly loyal? Hmm...I thought the world was binary! You're either a True American or a radical leftist. You're either a Good Christian or you're a devil worshiping Muslim atheist. You're either a Chevy guy or a Mopar guy...there's no middle!

And of course, voting for Biden means you also love cocaine and hookers like Hunter does, and are also triggered every time a Trump supporter opens their pie hole.

Weird how this morning Twizzle went off on yet another "we must do something about Hunter Biden!" rant.

Weird how the Brandon Bros get all worked up about a "nothing burger".
You've been the one bumping the thread with Daily Mail spam.
"Bruh...why you so triggered? I got my "Let's Go Brandon" t-shirt, my MAGA hat, and I just bought another stack of "I Did That" stickers to put on gas pumps! I've also got a classic "Hillary for Prison 2016" t-shirt for sale on EBay that's still in the original plastic wrapping! It's gonna be worth a fortune someday! Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to get back to searching the internet for "Hunter Biden's Laptop" over and over again and posting links to the stories. I just find them mildly interesting, but bruh...you're like a triggered snowflake. Trump 2024!!!"

Daily Mail
The funny part is that no one here is particularly enamored with President Biden. Yes, he has managed to sign three massive bills with a 51-50 majority in the US Senate, which is unparalleled really and thanks to Sen. Schumer (and the GOP whined about Reid), but the idea we are Brandon Bros is really just fucking hilarious.
People who are blindly loyal to an authoritarian figure can't wrap their mind around other folks not being blindly loyal? Hmm...I thought the world was binary! You're either a True American or a radical leftist. You're either a Good Christian or you're a devil worshiping Muslim atheist. You're either a Chevy guy or a Mopar guy...there's no middle!

And of course, voting for Biden means you also love cocaine and hookers like Hunter does, and are also triggered every time a Trump supporter opens their pie hole.
I bet that middle feels really crummy being excluded like that.

:staffwarn:

Goading is against the TOU.
Posts that goad will be edited.
Posts that goad and have no actual meaningful content will be deleted
Posters who engage in repeated goading will have their access limited.

Many posts have been hidden while moderation takes place to resolve.
For now, the thread remains open, as long as it is about the topic, and not about other posters.

If Trump's current troubles over Mar Lagate were somehow comparable to Hunter's laptop, the following circumstances would have occurred.

A storage locker facility held it's auction for abandoned goods found in lockers that were way behind on the rent. A bidder found a large packing box. It weighs 240 lbs and is completely filled with paper of various types. A good estimate of the number of pages is about 24,000. There is a shipping label which is partially torn off, but what remains reads "...cean Bld Palm Springs FL 33480. A quick look through the top layer finds newspaper clippings about Trump and there is also a White House Visitor's Guide.

The story of the packing box gets vague after that, but someone claims there are papers which could be evidence of a crime. Details of the crime are fuzzy. There might be financial records, letters from an auditor, and the like, but no one can say they have actually seen any of them.

Like everything else about the packing box, from where it came and where it's been since the locker auction are vague, but it is reported to be currently in the possession of a law enforcement agency. There's a lot of speculation about the box, but so far no official entity has shown any interest in it.

Bidengate not broken down yet;

The first thing you need to understand about the Hunter Biden laptop, though, is that it’s not a laptop. The FBI reportedly took possession of the original — at least if you accept the version of events promoted by those who have distributed the data, which Hunter Biden and his lawyers don’t — and all we have now are copies of copies. When it first publicly surfaced, 20 days before the 2020 election, the authenticity of the material was doubted to the degree that Twitter and Facebook effectively banned the story from legitimate political discourse. Since then, mainstream news organizations, including the New York Times and the Washington Post, have come to verify that at least some of the information contained in the cache is authentic.

NYMagazine

Even Slate are covering it;

Slate

I guess this laptop from hell story won't be going away anytime soon;

So we're still trying to make Hunter Biden's laptop a thing, huh?
No, "we" are pointing out the corrupt FBI and MSM running interference for Brandon by trying to suppress the story.
You'd think this would be a really big story. But the lack concern by the "protect democracy" crowd shows how unserious they are.
Well, show us the story! Your speech won't be suppressed. Crazy Rudy had the lap top for months. Show me the link to the Joe Bidden. Show me that he is the big guy and they he received a $10,000 bribe. If true, should be easy. If you don't have the goods, why the fuck should I care? Why should I care about the goings on of a ner-do-well with a drug problem. Why should I trust anything that Hunter allegedly said; or anything that desperate political pundits who don't have the goods say?
And hey- at least Hunter isn’t being sued for $250,000,000.00 like Ivanka, Junior and Eddie Haskell.

Bidengate not broken down yet;

The first thing you need to understand about the Hunter Biden laptop, though, is that it’s not a laptop. The FBI reportedly took possession of the original — at least if you accept the version of events promoted by those who have distributed the data, which Hunter Biden and his lawyers don’t — and all we have now are copies of copies. When it first publicly surfaced, 20 days before the 2020 election, the authenticity of the material was doubted to the degree that Twitter and Facebook effectively banned the story from legitimate political discourse. Since then, mainstream news organizations, including the New York Times and the Washington Post, have come to verify that at least some of the information contained in the cache is authentic.

NYMagazine

Even Slate are covering it;

Slate

I guess this laptop from hell story won't be going away anytime soon;
We have copies with no indication they are not tampered with. Thus we have nothing.

This may be revealing;

America First Legal (AFL) filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit in a Washington, D.C., federal court Tuesday, stating that the FBI is violating the law by failing to publicize its communications with Facebook and other Big Tech companies that worked with the agency to "censor news and information" about Hunter Biden's laptop immediately before the 2020 presidential election. In an August 2022 FOIA request, AFL originally requested that the FBI make public its communications with Facebook between Oct. 1 and Nov. 15 2020. In a response last week, the FBI called AFL's FOIA request "overly broad" and did not provide the information requested. As a result, AFL moved forward with filing a lawsuit to receive the communications. The lawsuit states: "The evidence is that the FBI and Big Tech, including Facebook, colluded to interfere with the 2020 Presidential election first by falsely and maliciously labeling the laptop 'Russian disinformation' and then by censoring and/or discrediting all news about its contents. Now, barely a month before the 2022 midterm election, FBI officials continue to suppress information of great interest to American voters and stonewall AFL’s request for records relating to the FBI’s collusive scheme with Facebook to censor news and information about the contents of Hunter Biden’s laptop," continues the lawsuit.

Fox News

I don't doubt the FBI were involved in trying to suppress the Hunter Biden laptop story.

TSwizzle: you can always count on them when confronted with felonies against our country's most dire laws relating directly to the handling of nuclear secrets, to attempt to change the subject to someone who isn't in any office of public trust or responsibility at all and a laptop full of transparently doctored "evidence".

Oh wait, this is actually a thread about bidengate. Look at that.

Let me reiterate:

Bidengate: someone who isn't in any office of public trust or responsibility at all and a laptop full of transparently doctored "evidence".

I mean, if a president were to appoint their criminal child to a cabinet position and give them access to the sort of documents people get executed for not being authorized to have, I would understand how scandalous that could be.

Wouldn't it be terrifying if a president did that with  multiple criminal children?

I dare say that would shake the very security of our democracy and institutions.

We should be glad then that we have a president didn't appoint their useless child who has been ruined by access to money and influence to such positions. Well, that we have one  now at least.

TSwizzle: you can always count on them when confronted with felonies against our country's most dire laws relating directly to the handling of nuclear secrets, to attempt to change the subject to someone who isn't in any office of public trust or responsibility at all and a laptop full of transparently doctored "evidence".

Let me reiterate:

Bidengate: someone who isn't in any office of public trust or responsibility at all and a laptop full of transparently doctored "evidence".

I mean, if a president were to appoint their criminal child to a cabinet position and give them access to the sort of documents people get executed for not being authorized to have, I would understand how scandalous that could be.

Wouldn't it be terrifying if a president did that with  multiple criminal children?

I dare say that would shake the very security of our democracy and institutions.

We should be glad then that we have a president didn't appoint their useless child who has been ruined by access to money and influence to such positions. Well, that we have one  now at least.
As I read recently, the FBI were working with internet social media sites to stop disinformation, especially Russian disinformation. Hunter Biden's laptop was never mentioned in their discussions.

Let me reiterate:

As I read recently, the FBI were working with internet social media sites to stop disinformation, especially Russian disinformation. Hunter Biden's laptop was never mentioned in their discussions.
So, that's fairly interesting that there appears to be some tacit equivocation happening between the Hunter Biden thing and "disinformation, especially Russian disinformation".

It would not surprise me if certain sources of disinformation, occasionally of the sort that generally crows loudly about such events as the laptop of a lout that was politicized rather than turned in to the FBI immediately, had Russian contact.

Seriously, it would have actually damaged Hunter Biden if the laptop had been immediately submitted to the FBI and then just recollected of to the media after turning it over.

"I found this naughty stuff, and immediately reported it to the FBI."

They could have just done that, and gone on the nightly news about what they found and turned over, and then an investigation would be imminently conducted.

Hunter Biden would, if there was any real evidence there, be in jail, and Biden would have lost significant political capital even with Democrats. Not with me, on account I don't give a shit if his son, devoid as he is of responsibility, is a no-good lout. I've seen plenty of decent people turn out a foul lout or two.

Even so, he would have ended up a one term president.

That's the most ridiculous part of this.

The GOP in their effort to politicize a scandal quickly entered into a parade of self-sabotage.

Even so, what it has become NOW seems to be exactly the sort of disinformation that Russia specializes in. We know there was Russian contact with Rudy Giuliani.

You know sometimes I wonder why persistent trolls so often appear in internet forums to spread disinformation year after year. It's well known that Russia runs various troll farms from around the world, and pays people to post really stupid shit and press certain disinformation narratives.

I wonder who broke the Hunter Biden laptop store here for that matter.

After all, usually people just kind of shut up about it when all the above is pointed out.

But I guess other times people equivocate "going after especially russian seeming disinformation" with "suppressing the Hunter Biden laptop story".

I mean for fuck sakes, Al Franken jumped on a sword when he was shamed, and having a kid who is a terrible lout is going to be seen a way by folks who do, for the sake of whatever failure of the human condition may give rise to such, are slaves to a purity drive.

I keep asking folks who invoke it to explain it semantically, and they just can't seem to do it.

But it's a thing that a lot of humans are born feeling and they can't not feel it so they might as well learn to shape it, define it, learn it's limitations, and where intuition either betrays or guides to solid foundations, and learn how to keep people from manipulating you with it.

Many won't though, and the Republicans bank on that standing wave of disgust and their ability to direct it at someone over the grave sin of having a lout for a child.

But they even fucked that up. Who knows where Rudy got it from at this point. It could in fact be a work of fiction. There are people who specialize in that, many of which originate from Russian troll farms.

This may be revealing;
Not really. Unlike Trumptards, I don't take information at face value and looked in a little deeper. For example I wanted to find out who America First Legal is and what it's all about and surprise fucking surprise. This is on their about page.

Who bankrolls America First Legal I hear you ask? Why the America First Policy Institute of course. Founding by such intellectual giants like Nick Ayers, Rick Gates and Brad Parscale. Remember them? So basically another Trump grift that knows sweet fuck all about the legal process. I'm a bit disappointed they don't have Sidney Powell and Rudy on their payroll. They do have Mark Meadows however.

So is this revealing? Only in the sense that Q-tards only ever argue in bad faith. And that is only revealing if you have been living on the fucking moon the last 6 years.

This may be revealing;
Not really. Unlike Trumptards, I don't take information at face value and looked in a little deeper. For example I wanted to find out who America First Legal is and what it's all about and surprise fucking surprise. This is on their about page.

Who bankrolls America First Legal I hear you ask? Why the America First Policy Institute of course. Founding by such intellectual giants like Nick Ayers, Rick Gates and Brad Parscale. Remember them? So basically another Trump grift that knows sweet fuck all about the legal process. I'm a bit disappointed they don't have Sidney Powell and Rudy on their payroll. They do have Mark Meadows however.

So is this revealing? Only in the sense that Q-tards only ever argue in bad faith. And that is only revealing if you have been living on the fucking moon the last 6 years.

"America First Legal. We tried to get Leni Riefenstahl to do our TV ads, but it turns out she's dead."

This may be revealing;

"Classical values and virtues"

I'll be damned if "classical" is not a codeword for "christian" or "traditional".

How is that for bad faith, insofar as they are so embarrassed about it that they have to hide it behind code words.

But...is "America First" really code words?

Yep.

Anyone with a cursory knowledge of pre-WWII American political history would notice what's happening here.

They might as well add in "international bankers." Gosh, what are they talking about?

If T-Swizzler was around then, I'd be willing to bet he'd own a copy of a pamphlet published by Henry Ford in the Dearborn Independent.

Yep.

Anyone with a cursory knowledge of pre-WWII American political history would notice what's happening here.

They might as well add in "international bankers." Gosh, what are they talking about?

If T-Swizzler was around then, I'd be willing to bet he'd own a copy of a pamphlet published by Henry Ford in the Dearborn Independent.
Are you kidding, I bet he has all four bound volumes of the Dearborn Independent.

Yep.

Are you kidding, I bet he has all four bound volumes of the Dearborn Independent.
And probably some old Ron Paul newsletters as well.

Back
Top Bottom