• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Biden's speech of Sept 1 2022 link

You mean Biden should have worked harder to unite the people that voted for the 2020 Election Fraud candidates?
Im not saying the other side is the white knight in shining armor either; not at all. Its not like the Democrats don't already have the excutive and house, so what are they so afraid of that such extreme messaging would even be necessary?

I just don't get how this helps the country. I don't get how this unifies the country. Who is the winner of a civil war?

IMO Biden should have done his speech but done it in the usual blue/grey colors with normal lighting as to look like the business as usual POTUS. But instead, he is attempting to stir up violence and hatred.

I mean, you say you don't want to see "B" happen, but you're basically also saying you think B is the "logical" choice.
I'm saying a more skillful politician might be able to actually bring the country together insead of dividing it even more.
Okay...so you agree with the right wing that Biden's speech was the most divisive thing anyone had ever done, because....red lights?

Do I need to remind you of the color of the hats at the latest Trump rally? Can you point to something Trump said that was super unifying? How is it that demanding he be reinstated is unifying?

The threat is, "either unify behind Trump, because his supporters are armed and willing to commit violence."
I remember him saying that the GOP needed to embrace LGBT at the Republican Convention... and the sorta hush afterwards. So there was that.

You mean Biden should have worked harder to unite the people that voted for the 2020 Election Fraud candidates?
Im not saying the other side is the white knight in shining armor either; not at all.
No, you are just having trouble seeing that there is a portion of the GOP voting base that has lost its fucking mind! In Arizona, they selected a newscaster for the GOP candidacy based exclusively on a platform that the 2020 election was stolen.
Its not like the Democrats don't already have the excutive and house, so what are they so afraid of that such extreme messaging would even be necessary?
That wasn't "extreme", it was a call to get out and vote. In order to kill Dobbs, they need supermajorities to pass legislation, and that would require the mother of all landslides.
IMO Biden should have done his speech but done it in the usual blue/grey colors with normal lighting as to look like the business as usual POTUS. But instead, he is attempting to stir up violence and hatred.
Oh puhlease. You want to read a speech about a call to violence, check out the speakers on January 6th, 2021.

Okay...so you agree with the right wing that Biden's speech was the most divisive thing anyone had ever done, because....red lights?

Do I need to remind you of the color of the hats at the latest Trump rally?
It makes some sense that the Republicans would be dressed in red since the Republican color is red. But Biden is a Democrat and their color is supposed to be blue. Here we have what should be a blue democrat sporting Lucifer colors. But color notwithstanding, what was the purpose of the ultra dark lighting?

Trump never had a speech I am aware of with that type of dark "Dark Sidious" kind of setting.

I'm saying a more skillful politician might be able to actually bring the country together insead of dividing it even more.

There comes a time to say enough. Biden has said enough. Democrats by and large have said enough. When the opposing party disregards their oath and bends a knee to such an odious man as Donald Trump, it's time to say enough. Enough of holding out an olive branch to authoritarians be it China, Russia, or Republicans. Joe Biden does not stand up and publicly state there is a threat to our democracy as a political stunt. Perhaps the message you were to receive from the dark and the red was to liken it to his "I'm mad as hell" comments.

You want to read a speech about a call to violence, check out the speakers on January 6th, 2021.
Yes, I want to read of speech from a politician (not just a loon that was there) during Jan 6th with a call to violence. You will not find it in Trump's speech. Perhaps you can site?
Yes, and George W. Bush never said "Hussein caused 9/11." You are bitching about colors, but want to say Trump's speech was free of ambiguous calls to forceful action on January 6th? Your sense of perspective is warped beyond any semblance of rationality.
President Donald Trump 1/6/21 said:
We’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.
Ibid said:
We will not take it anymore and that’s what this is all about. To use a favorite term that all of you people really came up with, we will stop the steal.
Ibid said:
We’re gathered together in the heart of our nation’s capital for one very, very basic and simple reason: to save our democracy
Yes, they were going to march to the US Capitol to save our democracy... by... well... standing there doing nothing.

And of course, his Tweet post the initial break-in against VP Pence when Pence didn't interfere with the election, shows his intentions.

Joe Biden does not stand up and publicly state there is a threat to our democracy as a political stunt.
Oh, come on. The transubstantiation of Biden from gaffe-prone assclown to wise impecable statesman is beyond hillarious.
You are the one saying he is the evil overlord.
And not a wise impecable statemen. I mean, just astonishing that anyone would think Biden above doing political stunts. Doing a primetime address that only attacks your political opponents is as stunty a stunt that ever stunt.

Is he actually trying to calm the country down or instead stir things up more?
I think the answer is evident if you listen to the speech. He is, as you say, blasting the MAGAts. On one hand, that might stir “things” (MAGAts) up. On the other, he is trying to unite reasonable people regardless of Party, to oppose and prevent MAGAt fascism from abolishing democracy and converting America to the kleptocracy of Trump’s dreams.
Trump is desperate, and any attempt to restrain him will be met with violence. Having once elected him, that is now a price we will pay to get rid of him. Otherwise we lose everything.
It might be an appropriate time to remind you....that if discord continues further into civil war there is one side that is heavily armed and trigger happy. That same side being trained and experienced in firearms.

It is in no ones best interest to stir things up more.
This seems like a threat.
It is just logic. When A happens you can expect B. And I don't want to see B happen.

I don't want to see B happen either but best believe if B happens it won't go the way those that engage in B think B will go.

Joe Biden does not stand up and publicly state there is a threat to our democracy as a political stunt.
Oh, come on. The transubstantiation of Biden from gaffe-prone assclown to wise impecable statesman is beyond hillarious.
You are the one saying he is the evil overlord.
And not a wise impecable statemen.
Is there intended irony is misspelling impecable?

It makes some sense that the Republicans would be dressed in red since the Republican color is red.

I don't know about you, but I grew up in the era of "better dead than Red," and find it endlessly fascinating that the GOP has embraced that color. For decades, the Republican Party stoked the fires of fear about "the Reds" hiding under the bed, bemoaned everything that happened in "Red Square," and warned about "the Red Menace."

Now, "the Reds" are threatening political violence if the "blue" states don't fall in line with "the Red States" and the irony is utterly lost on the older Republican base who fondly remember "duck and cover" drills.

But it's really less about the color than it is about the authoritarianism.

Trump has said - for going on two years - that any outcome which doesn't put him back in power is "fraudulent." He has demanded that he be "reinstated" as President, and asserted that he is the "rightful winner." He has said that any and all documents he might have taken from the White House belong to him, and has even built up a fantasy world where he issues proclamations from "the Office of the 45th President" as if he were still in power and not living in a glorified retirement home in Florida.

Now, "the Reds" are threatening political violence if the "blue" states don't fall in line with "the Red States"
Wut? Are they threatening the "blue" states with well manincured lawns and low crime?

Is he actually trying to calm the country down or instead stir things up more?
I think the answer is evident if you listen to the speech. He is, as you say, blasting the MAGAts. On one hand, that might stir “things” (MAGAts) up. On the other, he is trying to unite reasonable people regardless of Party, to oppose and prevent MAGAt fascism from abolishing democracy and converting America to the kleptocracy of Trump’s dreams.
Trump is desperate, and any attempt to restrain him will be met with violence. Having once elected him, that is now a price we will pay to get rid of him. Otherwise we lose everything.
It might be an appropriate time to remind you....that if discord continues further into civil war there is one side that is heavily armed and trigger happy. That same side being trained and experienced in firearms.

It is in no ones best interest to stir things up more.
Aw gee, threats of violence. How cute.

Might be a good time to remind you that any attempt to start a “civil war” will have the same outcome as last time. Except this time, offending States ( if there are any) will be disallowed from participating in government.

But no worries, since the “heavily armed side” is staffed by cowardly and stupid people. There will be no civil war.

It makes some sense that the Republicans would be dressed in red since the Republican color is red. But Biden is a Democrat and their color is supposed to be blue. Here we have what should be a blue democrat sporting Lucifer colors. But color notwithstanding, what was the purpose of the ultra dark lighting?

Trump never had a speech I am aware of with that type of dark "Dark Sidious" kind of setting.
You forgetting his cPAC appearance on a stage shaped like a Nazi symbol?
:hysterical:

Now, "the Reds" are threatening political violence if the "blue" states don't fall in line with "the Red States"
Wut? Are they threatening the "blue" states with well manincured lawns and low crime?
Nah. Their speed is ignorance, obesity, teen pregnancy and short lifespans. Guys who look like your avatar. Check a map some time.

But no worries, since the “heavily armed side” is staffed by cowardly and stupid people. There will be no civil war.
You mock the Gravy Seals at your peril. They will come at you with wraparound sunglasses and so much "tactical" gear that they can barely fit it all into their "tactical" vests.

If you push them, they will no doubt...turn in their fellow members of Meal Team Six for a lighter sentence from the feds.

and so much "tactical" gear that they can barely fit it all into their "tactical" vests.

Don’t I know? I sold most of it to them. Can’t count the number of those bubbas who ordered the wrong size ballistic vest. They fancy themselves triathletes but are in fact couch potatoes.
In many cases they’d get ALL the gear then realize that they couldn’t even stand up wearing all that shit plus front, back and side plates. So they’d try to return it … we’d take back the vests but not the plates (some legal bs).

Red vs. blue comes from how TV networks like to display how states voted -- they'd switch the colors every so often so as to avoid seeming biased. For an example of the opposite color scheme, you can check out Dave Leip's Atlas of U.S. Presidential Elections

But after 2000, both parties ended up adopting the TV networks' choice for that year.

Political colour has a big list, and notes how exceptional the US major parties' colors is. Conservative parties often use blue, and  Conservatism features a blue flag.

Back
Top Bottom