• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Black Jogger Gunned Down In The Street

I still find it amazing that William Bryan's lawyer blasted GoFundMe for removing Bryan's wife's campaign accusing them of being "woke". He also claimed Bryan's constitutional right to have representation was infringed as a result of it's removal. What a complete joke. Were does God find these people?
I have mixed feelings. I believe that everybody deserves good legal representation in any court of law. I also understand that some people fall between qualifying for a public defender and actually being able to afford to hire a private attorney. They still deserve to be represented by competent attorneys. Who deserve to be paid.

That's a big problem with means testing of public benefits. If one sets the bar very low, then a lot of lower-middle-class people won't qualify. So that is why a lot of lower-middle-class people resent welfare benefits - they earn too little to live very comfortably, and too much to qualify for welfare.

That is what the advocates of Universal Basic Income hope to avoid, by avoiding such low-bar means testing, even if it means giving aid to people who might seem like they don't really need it. That's why Social Security and Medicare are successful, for instance.

I still find it amazing that William Bryan's lawyer blasted GoFundMe for removing Bryan's wife's campaign accusing them of being "woke". He also claimed Bryan's constitutional right to have representation was infringed as a result of it's removal. What a complete joke. Were does God find these people?
I have mixed feelings. I believe that everybody deserves good legal representation in any court of law. I also understand that some people fall between qualifying for a public defender and actually being able to afford to hire a private attorney. They still deserve to be represented by competent attorneys. Who deserve to be paid.

Hmmm. Now that you put it that way the lawyers complaint makes sense.

Were does God find these people?
If their faith proves true, at least they'll have an eternity in hell to consider the matter. The rules on both murder and dishonesty are pretty straightforward.

Oh, if that were only true.

One of the huge problems with Scriptural morality is the vagueness of words like murder and dishonesty.

Tom
It's not vague, people just want to imagine there is an alternative way to interpret "do not murder" or "let your yes mean yes" in such a way as to excuse their favorite kinds of iniquity.

Back
Top Bottom