• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Black Jogger Gunned Down In The Street

Is the Jury System Fair?

McMichaels case (Guilty verdict) vs. Rittenhouse case (Not Guilty)

2 very similar cases, about the same time, similar situation of a White gunman killing someone in a violent altercation.
The verdicts are different because the cases are different in some many ways. For example, Rittenhouse was in the middle of a violent riot, while the McMichaels were not. Rittenhouse was arguably in danger, the McMichaels were not.

Really, the notion the cases were similar. let alone, very similar requires a massive dose of cognitive dissonance.

I have been following this case from the beginning. The sheer senselessness of it and the hatred involved. Let them rot in prison and then hell. Though these are the cases where the death penalty should be applied.
It is hard to tell what their premeditated state was. On one hand it can be argued they were trying to trap a coon and brought the gun to help put that coon in their place. On the other hand, it can be argued they grabbed the gun cause they were going coon hunting. Based on how the shooting went down, I lean towards the prior. Making this, what would Trump say... choking on a ten foot putt. Any decision that could have been made that day, they made very poorly... and quite arrogantly so.

I don't want them to rot. I want them to have an epiphany about what they actually did and I want them to live with that.

I think if they were capable of an epiphany, they would never have chased Aubery down the street with guns, much less videoed it.

I admire the optimism of anyone thinks that any sort of epiphany is coming. Maybe on their death beds but I wouldn't either hope for or believe anything sooner than that, myself.

I think if they were capable of an epiphany, they would never have chased Aubery down the street with guns, much less videoed it.

I admire the optimism of anyone thinks that any sort of epiphany is coming. Maybe on their death beds but I wouldn't either hope for or believe anything sooner than that, myself.
They've got time. May never happen, but they've got plenty of time. Presuming they don't get presidential pardons.

They already have had an epiphany about what it is like to be afraid for your life because of who you are. So, they are epiphany possible.

They already have had an epiphany about what it is like to be afraid for your life because of who you are. So, they are epiphany possible.
But do epiphanies count when they are about your own self interest? Not sure..

I don't want them to rot. I want them to have an epiphany about what they actually did and I want them to live with that.

I want them to rot while onlookers have an epiphany.
Totally agree. Their frame of mind no longer matters. It mattered when they chased down and murdered Arbery. Now, their role is to serve as heads on pikes for the rest of white supremacist America.

But do epiphanies count when they are about your own self interest? Not sure..
I don't give a flying crap about whether they have epiphanies. They are in prison for life. Their mindset no longer matters. It matters that they didn't get away with murdering a Black man in the street in broad daylight, and the rest of white supremacist America is seeing this. The time for those dipshits to have a moment of clarity was February 3, 2020. The only thing I care about at this point regarding those three individuals is that they don't get lesser sentences (or worse) through the appeals process.

I'd like to think that people are capable of becoming better persons even if they are deservedly spending the rest of their lives in prison.

I'd like to think that people are capable of becoming better persons even if they are deservedly spending the rest of their lives in prison.
I'd like to think that, too. But in the case of these three racist murderers, it doesn't matter.

I bet William Bryan is spending the rest of his life regretting ever having touched a cell phone & I'm happy. If it was not for his own bigotry (thinking that they were so deep on the right side of the law in what they were doing that video taping was a good idea) none of these people would have gotten in trouble. It would have just been another dead black guy with a bunch of racist white people telling the world what happened.

I still find it amazing that William Bryan's lawyer blasted GoFundMe for removing Bryan's wife's campaign accusing them of being "woke". He also claimed Bryan's constitutional right to have representation was infringed as a result of it's removal. What a complete joke. Were does God find these people?

I still find it amazing that William Bryan's lawyer blasted GoFundMe for removing Bryan's wife's campaign accusing them of being "woke". He also claimed Bryan's constitutional right to have representation was infringed as a result of it's removal. What a complete joke. Were does God find these people?
To Bryan's credit, and not that it absolves him of his role in the murder, he did express remorse, and cooperate fully with the police after the killing. He is a big part of the reason why the two McMichaels were ultimately convicted and will spend the rest of their lives in prison.

The Christian fundraising site givesendgo will take their action, Gregory McMichael's wife has a page there that is still active.

Were does God find these people?
If their faith proves true, at least they'll have an eternity in hell to consider the matter. The rules on both murder and dishonesty are pretty straightforward.

Oh, if that were only true.

One of the huge problems with Scriptural morality is the vagueness of words like murder and dishonesty.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom