• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Black Jogger Gunned Down In The Street

Interesting.

So Travis was predisposed to think Arbery was a burglar because he had seen a running man trespassing on the construction site a few days before and suspected that man might have been the one who burgled his truck. That explains the McMichaels' grabbing their guns and chasing after him.

Of course, it doesn't excuse their armed assault or the homicide. And it doesn't clarify Roddy's role in all this. But it makes Travis brandishing a shotgun more understandable.

Travis mentioned recent burglaries but I'm still not finding any reports except for the one about his stolen gun. Have you found any others? Or something about the supposedly stolen fishing tackle?

Last edited:
It seems that Arbery might have been prowling, at the very least, two weeks before as well.

‘It just startled me.’ Travis McMichael dialed 911 days before shooting

Whatever you think of the McMichaelses, it is very unlikely Arbery was "just a jogger" ...
So it appears there are extensive records of reports of burglaries, trespassing and otherwise suspicious activities on construction sites in the area prior to the shooting. Also we know that Travis McMichael suspected individuals were armed.

It seems that Arbery might have been prowling, at the very least, two weeks before as well.

Whatever you think of the McMichaelses, it is very unlikely Arbery was "just a jogger" ...
So it appears there are extensive records of reports of burglaries, trespassing and otherwise suspicious activities on construction sites in the area prior to the shooting. Also we know that Travis McMichael suspected individuals were armed.

What extensive reports?

So far we have Travis' report in January when a gun was stolen from his truck and his 911 call reporting a running trespasser.

Are there others?

Interesting.

So Travis was predisposed to think Arbery was a burglar because he had seen a running man trespassing on the construction site a few days before and suspected that man might have been the one who burgled his truck. That explains the McMichaels' grabbing their guns and chasing after him.

It doesn't excuse their armed assault or the homicide. And it doesn't clarify Roddy's role in all this.

Travis mentioned recent burglaries but I'm still not finding any reports except for the one about Travis' stolen gun. Have you found any others? Or something about the supposedly stolen fishing tackle?
What do you hope to find? FBI investigation on stolen fishing tackle?

What extensive reports?

So far we have Travis' report in January when a gun was stolen from his truck and his 911 call reporting a running trespasser. Is there more?

yes that
and that:
The police report from the Feb. 11 incident said the owner of the home under construction, Larry English, had an ongoing issue with trespassing on the property. The report said English lived nearly two hours away but he had installed security cameras that alerted him whenever someone entered the home

Interesting.

It doesn't excuse their armed assault or the homicide. And it doesn't clarify Roddy's role in all this.

Travis mentioned recent burglaries but I'm still not finding any reports except for the one about Travis' stolen gun. Have you found any others? Or something about the supposedly stolen fishing tackle?

I hope to find either justification for the McMichaels' claim that there had recently been several burglaries in the neighborhood or evidence they were exaggerating.

I also want to track down that report of stolen fishing tackle. Whose tackle was it and why wasn't the theft reported? Was it Roddy's? He's been trying to distance himself from the events that led to Arbery's death but if it was his stuff that was stolen, that puts him right in the middle of it.

What extensive reports?

So far we have Travis' report in January when a gun was stolen from his truck and his 911 call reporting a running trespasser. Is there more?

yes that

That's not extensive.

and that:
The police report from the Feb. 11 incident said the owner of the home under construction, Larry English, had an ongoing issue with trespassing on the property. The report said English lived nearly two hours away but he had installed security cameras that alerted him whenever someone entered the home

That's one report of a problem with trespassing on one site, not "extensive records of reports of burglaries, trespassing and otherwise suspicious activities on construction sites in the area".

Interesting.

I hope to find either justification for the McMichaels' claim that there had recently been several burglaries in the neighborhood or evidence they were exaggerating.
And what that "justification" should look like?

People in the neighborhood going on record that their homes had been burgled recently and listing the things that had been stolen, and reasonably solid evidence the McMichaels knew about the thefts.

People in the neighborhood going on record that their homes had been burgled recently and listing the things that had been stolen,
Owner of the the said house went on record about trespassing prior to the incident.
and reasonably solid evidence the McMichaels knew about the thefts.
Yes, he called 911 and told them that and there was even an armed search party of 4.
You honestly believe that this is long term elaborate conspiracy to frame and than murder some black guy?

People in the neighborhood going on record that their homes had been burgled recently and listing the things that had been stolen,
Owner of the the said house went on record about trespassing prior to the incident.

The owner of the house made it very clear that nothing had been stolen. Links to his statement are in this thread.

So far we have evidence of one reported burglary and one report of trespassing on one property. If you can link to the homeowner reporting trespassing prior to the shooting, please provide it. We will then have one reported burglary and two reports of trespassing on the same property.

Yes, he called 911 and told them that and there was even an armed search party of 4.
You honestly believe that this is long term elaborate conspiracy to frame and than murder some black guy?

What search party? What conspiracy? Wtf are you talking about?

The owner of the house made it very clear that nothing had been stolen.
I never claimed theft from his house.
Links to his statement are in this thread.

What search party? What conspiracy? Wtf are you talking about?
No, what the fuck are YOU talking about?

The search party story is in the AJC link. It was another potentially deadly scenario.

The search party story is in the AJC link. It was another potentially deadly scenario.

Thanks, blastula.

I only listened to Travis reporting the trespasser. I didn't read the text about the armed search party.

You're right. That was another potentially deadly scenario.

There were a few 911 calls in the months before the shooting. This link has the reports.

911 calls, incident reports shed light on previous issues in Glynn County neighborhood

Snippet:

WTOC obtained 10 incident reports and radio communication logs from at least five prior 911 calls in Satilla Shores, the neighborhood where Ahmaud Arbery was killed in February by armed homeowners.

The reports show neighbors and the property owner called 911 previously about someone inside a home under construction several times, but the homeowner alluded to seeing different people inside the home at different times, undercutting the McMichaels’ claim that Arbery matched a description of a burglary suspect.

Of the reports, none are listed as burglaries. The only reported theft happened on Jan. 1 and involved a gun getting stolen from Travis McMichael’s unlocked truck.

So, no burglaries.

The first 911 call came on Oct. 25 and is classified as a trespass. The homeowner, Larry English, called 911 because someone was inside the home, and it activated cameras. The call lasted about 13 minutes and ended when the unidentified man walked off the property without taking anything.

The next call came nearly a month later on Nov. 18. English called again about someone inside and reportedly told dispatch, “he had the same issue with different people last night” indicating it isn’t the same person always inside. This call lasted about 20 minutes and ended with the officer changing it from a trespassing to extra watch, indicating officers would check the property.

The third call is on Jan. 1. Travis McMichael said someone stole a pistol from his unlocked truck; no suspect description is provided in the rather short CAD log and incident report.

The fourth call happened over a month later on Feb. 11 around 7:30 p.m. and shows that Travis McMichael got in his truck to see whoever it was inside the home. McMichael told police he watched the man run across several properties and back into the home under construction. Responding officers searched but found no one. In this report, homeowner Larry English is quoted as saying, “it appears the unknown male is only trespassing and plundering around as he has yet to see where anything has been taken.”

The final call came on Feb. 23, the day Arbery was killed.

The fourth call was made by Travis McMichael. That's the one you refer to here:

One report describes a light skinned black male with lots of tattoos on his arms.

So, not Arbery, but, more importantly (from the actual police record):

Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 8.44.52 AM.png

According to English, it was never Arbery. The light skinned man with tattoos all over his arms "appeared to be the same unknown man from all of the previous incidents."

Also important, that description--light skinned black male with tattoos all over both of his arms--was evidently given by Travis McMichael on February 11th, just twelve days before the fatal day. So, Travis, at least, must have known it wasn't the same guy he saw previously. Arbery is very clearly a dark skinned man and he was wearing a t-shirt on Feb 23 with both arms fully exposed.

For Travis to have described the other guy as being a light skinned black guy with tattoos all over both arms--at 7:30 pm--necessarily must have meant both details were significantly recognizable to him at night (sunset in Georgia on the 11th was 6:17 pm), which would in turn mean, of course, that during the fateful day--afternoon no less--it would have been very easy for Travis to see it wasn't the same guy.

But perhaps MOST importantly, there is also this from the Travis McMichael complaint on Feb 11:

Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 9.10.45 AM.png

The videos and description of the light skinned man with tattoos all over both of his arms was evidently widely distributed. So not only did Travis see the light skinned/tattooed man, and not only did English confirm that was the guy who had trespassed on his construction site several times previously, but the whole neighborhood knew that it was a light skinned black man with tattoos all over his arms!

And considering the fact that the elder McMichaels KNEW ARBERY from the case he worked just two years ago and had evidently seen the surveillance videos and/or knew that Arbery did not fit the description of a light skinned black guy with tattoos all over both of his arms, we're even deeper into the woods now.

BOTH Travis and his dad must have known that Arbery was NOT the light skinned black man with tattoos on his arms seen inside English's home--by Travis in person no less--the whole time they were chasing him.

ETA: So, tl;dr recap: there were never any burglaries and both Travis and his dad knew the man they were chasing in armed pursuit was NOT the man seen previously either by Travis or in the description disseminated throughout the neighborhood from English's surveillance cameras.

Which means they had absolutely no justification to pursue, let alone be armed, let alone kill him.

Last edited:
That was another potentially deadly scenario.

Many from over here would simply describe it as an American scenario.

That said, it probably happens in other countries, possibly even in the UK occasionally, in ganglands and the like.
Racially biased policing is definitely a global, not local, problem. I'm always astounded when Brits thumb their noses disparagingly at racist American policies, then a few minutes later Romani or Algerian or Syrian people come up in the conversation, and... well, some things become clear. That said, I don't hear about Irish street arrests ending in gunfire anything like as often as they do here. Heck, if there isn't a possible racial component to a shooting, our newspapers don't even bother to report on police shootings unless a policeperson is the one who got shot.

That was another potentially deadly scenario.

Many from over here would simply describe it as an American scenario.

That said, it probably happens in other countries, possibly even in the UK occasionally, in ganglands and the like.
Racially biased policing is definitely a global, not local, problem. I'm always astounded when Brits thumb their noses disparagingly at racist American policies, then a few minutes later Romani or Algerian or Syrian people come up in the conversation, and... well, some things become clear. That said, I don't hear about Irish street arrests ending in gunfire anything like as often as they do here. Heck, if there isn't a possible racial component to a shooting, the newspapers don't even bother to report on police shootings unless a policeperson is the one who got shot.

I was only referring to what I thought was a case of 4 armed civilians going looking for an intruder. I wasn't talking about policing, although that too is pretty different here.

But I can see why it's different, for both civilians and the police, in the USA. England (for instance) is 127th in the world in terms of civilian firearms per head of population. No prizes for guessing who's top, with almost 30 times as many, the only country with more than one per civilian, and roughly double the country in 2nd place, according to wiki.

Back
Top Bottom