• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Black Woman calling a White Woman a "Karen"

White people screaming about racism from black people is so hilarious to me. Only after you let Black people sell you like any other piece of property, change your name and language erase your culture, rape & kill your women, men and childrenwhile all of these activities are backed by the US government for 240ish years will i take the bullshit seriously. Fuck you.

This gonna get complicated.

So no it is not a word that implies all white women.

That's true. And it's also true of the word bitch, which also does not apply to all women (only bitches). But one issue, I think, although perhaps focusing more on the potential sexism rather than the racism (so apologies for switching tracks on you) is whether women actually have to thereafter (after a pejorative term is coined, after it joins the popular lexicon) earn the term, or whether it becomes yet another term that gets used to essentially often mislabel women, by in some cases applying a pejorative to them that would not be applied to a man behaving in the same way. We know that a woman being no more assertive than a man can be perceived and labelled more negatively already, because of traditional expectations and roles.

I have to say that I do not see this Karen thing as a big (or clear) issue, and I can see why some don't feel it's either sexist or racist.

Last edited:

That's true. And it's also true of the word bitch, which also does not apply to all women (only bitches). But one issue, I think, although perhaps focusing more on the potential sexism rather than the racism [...] is whether women actually have to thereafter [...] earn the term, or whether it becomes yet another term that gets used to essentially often mislabel women, by in some cases applying a pejorative to them that would not be applied to a man behaving in the same way.

Once that happens, if it happens, we can take complaints about the racism of it seriously.

Since it has not happened, any claim that is it racist based on possible future evolution of the word, turns out to be victim complex whingeing, I think.

... or whether it becomes yet another term that gets used to essentially often mislabel women, by in some cases applying a pejorative to them that would not be applied to a man behaving in the same way.

Oh, but it is thus applied;

"Trump is Putin's bitch"

Last edited by a moderator:

That's true. And it's also true of the word bitch, which also does not apply to all women (only bitches). But one issue, I think, although perhaps focusing more on the potential sexism rather than the racism [...] is whether women actually have to thereafter [...] earn the term, or whether it becomes yet another term that gets used to essentially often mislabel women, by in some cases applying a pejorative to them that would not be applied to a man behaving in the same way.

Once that happens, if it happens, we can take complaints about the racism of it seriously.

Since it has not happened, any claim that is it racist based on possible future evolution of the word, turns out to be victim complex whingeing, I think.

I was talking about sexism though.

And it's happened in that way. 1.4 million retweets for an hilarious twitter post saying "Jess Phillips assigned Shadow Karen Minister". She's actually been assigned Shadow Minister for Domestic Violence and Safeguarding.

https://twitter.com/Bobby19_/status/1247178179934064640?s=20

No big deal and I'm sure Jess Philips can handle it, if she's even noticed it.

And it isn't hard to find other examples. There was even a video posted earlier in the thread which I thought showed something similar. If you're a strong or opinionated woman and you stand up for yourself, you're probably gonna be called a Karen. You won't have to smash plates, scream, call for the manager or report a black person.

I realise that you are talking about racism and that I am talking about sexism.

Last edited:
... or whether it becomes yet another term that gets used to essentially often mislabel women, by in some cases applying a pejorative to them that would not be applied to a man behaving in the same way.

"Trump is Putin's bitch"

Fine, yes, but I do not see how that affects what I said about women generally being judged more pejoratively than men merely for being as forceful or assertive.

It seems to be something else, suggesting a man is being subservient, not being a 'real man', to try to humiliate him, as when some other terms traditionally associated with femaleness are used.

White people screaming about racism from black people is so hilarious to me. Only after you let Black people sell you like any other piece of property, change your name and language erase your culture, rape & kill your women, men and childrenwhile all of these activities are backed by the US government for 240ish years will i take the bullshit seriously. Fuck you.

This gonna get complicated.

For the love of Talks what does Native Americans owning slaves have to do with white folks complaining about racism from black folks? My point is that while racist black American people are a thing, it is absolutely nothing like what racism against blacks from whites were. So to me white people complaining about racism against them from black people is delightfully funny.

"Trump is Putin's bitch"

Fine, yes, but I do not see how that affects what I said about women generally being judged more pejoratively than men merely for being as forceful or assertive.

Yeah, yeah - I wasn't arguing that point. Just niggling for the chance to point out that Trump is Putin's bitch. :D

So you think it should be the Hatfields and the McCoys forever?

Never herd of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatfield–McCoy_feud

Nice. So ahhh, what does the drama between those two stupid families have to do with my finding white people complaining about racism from black people hilarious?

Maybe the implication is that without black people to subjugate and do their laundry, white people would turn on each other, tear each other to shreds and eat each other's babies.

Nice. So ahhh, what does the drama between those two stupid families have to do with my finding white people complaining about racism from black people hilarious?

Maybe the implication is that without black people to subjugate and do their laundry, white people would turn on each other, tear each other to shreds and eat each other's babies.

Ok. That is hella funny but I doubt that's what Loren's point was.

Ok. That is hella funny but I doubt that's what Loren's point was.

I also assumed he was saying that without racist oppression humanity would engage in endless war.

You're proposing a "solution" that results in an ongoing feud.

What solution was Gospel proposing?

Wrongdoing by blacks doesn't matter because of historical racism. Sorry, but that means the harm falls on innocents who had no part in it, of course some of them will retaliate. The result will be perpetual racism by both sides.

What solution was Gospel proposing?

Wrongdoing by blacks doesn't matter because of historical racism. Sorry, but that means the harm falls on innocents who had no part in it, of course some of them will retaliate. The result will be perpetual racism by both sides.

What's really funny about this whole conversation is that you think Gospel was suggesting that a solution to racism would be blacks owning whites and wiping out their culture and torturing them and treating them worse than dogs for a few centuries. But the point, I believe, was that racism in the U.S. goes one way - whites against blacks - and continues today because whites, as a group, have never experienced white people being treated as blacks have been treated for centuries here.

It's about perspective, not a revenge fantasy, and suggests the reason that so many white people seem unwilling or incapable of recognizing systemic racism is at least partly because they've never experienced any real consequences of it themselves.

...what has black racism against whites done that has affected the lives of millions of white people over the course of two centuries?

I remember a lot of white guys being lynched for looking at a black woman.
No, wait... that's not right.
Never mind.
Well, black people often call each other nigger.

Lots of white people think they should also be able to call black people niggers.

That's pretty much it, though.

Back
Top Bottom