• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

#BlackinAmerica

They are just saying that things like Black Studies, Women Studies are fluff degrees

Well why the heck can't they just say that instead of making me have to ask like this! Sheesh!

Basically, he's trying to attack the victim by claiming she's studying women's studies or something via a generic comment about [x] studies, but [x] studies includes things like American studies, business studies, etc. So, he'll will have to revert back to his attack on just minority studies like Asian studies etc. BUT when he hears that Asian studies are included, he may decide to target just African and women studies. In any case, the whole sub-thread is irrelevant as the younger lady was clearly wronged by the older lady calling the police on her.

I didn't read most of this thread, but I just had to add a short piece about some brothers and sisters taking powerful, but humorous revenge on the white snowflake woman that called the cops on some fine black folks who were having a picnic in a park next to her. Why must so many of these stupid white people, "white react". She was crying when she called the cops. Crazy bitch!

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/5/15/1764537/-Internet-mocks-white-woman-who-cried-after-calling-cops-on-Black-BBQers-with-hilarious-memes?detail=emaildkre

Or perhaps she thought she didn't belong because she was black. The latter is only one of the possibilities, and not the most likely one.

Considering that this woman has called the police on a black student previously, this is the MOST likely possibility

Black real estate investor was inspecting home when a white neighbor called the police

A black real estate investor was inspecting a Memphis property when a white neighbor called the police to report his presence in the neighborhood.

The video, which was uploaded to YouTube by Memphis real estate investor Michael Hayes on May 5, shows him waiting by a property he was hired to inspect as police arrive and ask him a series of questions.

...a woman next door began shouting and telling him to leave. Hayes, who owns Hayes Investment Deals LLC, works on contracts to find wholesalers for unused properties in the Memphis area.

“We got our paperwork in order, we got our contract … ” Hayes said in the video. “So I’m really not sure what she wants me to do other than leave the neighborhood.”

In the Memphis incident, however, police who show up at the property speak to Hayes and quickly confirm he’d done nothing wrong. They tell the neighbor her complaint was unnecessary, even as she continues screaming for Hayes to “get out.”

“If you have any problems with her, what I want you to do is call me back over here,” a male police officer tells Hayes in the video. “She will go to jail for that.”

https://www.inman.com/2018/05/16/wa...cting-home-when-a-white-neighbor-called-cops/

They are just saying that things like Black Studies, Women Studies are fluff degrees

Well why the heck can't they just say that instead of making me have to ask like this! Sheesh!

Basically, he's trying to attack the victim by claiming she's studying women's studies or something via a generic comment about [x] studies, but [x] studies includes things like American studies, business studies, etc. So, he'll will have to revert back to his attack on just minority studies like Asian studies etc. BUT when he hears that Asian studies are included, he may decide to target just African and women studies. In any case, the whole sub-thread is irrelevant as the younger lady was clearly wronged by the older lady calling the police on her.

Nah. Loren's wife is Asian. Asian is OK. It's them dark skinned devils that are the problem.

Did you go to your safe space before posting your apologia for bigotry?

It's not bigotry to have a problem with [x] studies majors. They're all bogus.

You might think so; but you might be wrong.

Back in the '80s I had a job delivering and installing computer systems for university department accounting. Most of our customers were hard science departments with various research grants that they had to track capital purchases for - Big ticket items like electron microscopes and custom hardware.

One day I was sent to the Department of Interface Studies at a uni on southwest England; but instead of the anticipated bunch of neo-hippy macrame enthusiasts eating artisanal yoghurt, I found it staffed by some very serious people with some very serious vacuum chambers and spectrometers. It turned out to be a spinoff from the physics and engineering departments, that studied the way materials interact at the molecular level when joined together - they were doing research on the welding of dissimilar alloys for use in chemical plants and nuclear reactors.

Ok, I'll retract the "all". "[social grouping] studies".

- - - Updated - - -

First of all it is bigotry. Second, no one is talking about majors, so what are you babbling about now?

"African studies".

You might think so; but you might be wrong.

Back in the '80s I had a job delivering and installing computer systems for university department accounting. Most of our customers were hard science departments with various research grants that they had to track capital purchases for - Big ticket items like electron microscopes and custom hardware.

One day I was sent to the Department of Interface Studies at a uni on southwest England; but instead of the anticipated bunch of neo-hippy macrame enthusiasts eating artisanal yoghurt, I found it staffed by some very serious people with some very serious vacuum chambers and spectrometers. It turned out to be a spinoff from the physics and engineering departments, that studied the way materials interact at the molecular level when joined together - they were doing research on the welding of dissimilar alloys for use in chemical plants and nuclear reactors.

Ok, I'll retract the "all". "[social grouping] studies".

- - - Updated - - -

First of all it is bigotry. Second, no one is talking about majors, so what are you babbling about now?

"African studies".

Why is African studies a bogus major?

Except most real fields aren't labeled "studies". I have just as much problem with "Asian studies" as "African studies". Or "American studies" if such a major existed.

At the time I posted that I thought all the "studies" majors were bogus but since then Bilby has pointed out his encounter with "Interface studies" that was real and that list of majors had "Archeological studies" which I would presume is real.

Derec didn't say [x] studies.

Derec had a problem with "African Studies". That was called bigotry--and I was pointing out that it's simply part of a larger group of problematic majors, not all of which are non-white.

What's problematic about them?

Seriously, what's the problem? Do you think Africa is so devoid of history, culture, economic activity, religious diversity, issues related to population growth and climate change, with nothing al all interesting about its diaspora, that it makes 'African Studies' a paltry subject of scholarship, unworthy of an institution like Yale? Or are you just belittling the subject as a way of virtue signaling your disdain for blacks?

Except most real fields aren't labeled "studies". I have just as much problem with "Asian studies" as "African studies". Or "American studies" if such a major existed.

At the time I posted that I thought all the "studies" majors were bogus but since then Bilby has pointed out his encounter with "Interface studies" that was real and that list of majors had "Archeological studies" which I would presume is real.

American Studies exists.

American Studies exists.

'Studies' indicates it's an interdisciplinary field, so American Studies could have sociology, anthropology, archeology, economics, history, literature, music, land use policy, and more as part of the program.

Back
Top Bottom