• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Bowling Green: Never Forget!

She misspoke...twice

..in an interview with Cosmopolitan.com conducted by phone days earlier, on Sunday, Jan. 29, Conway used the same phrasing, claiming that President Barack Obama called for a temporary "ban on Iraqi refugees” after the “Bowling Green massacre.”

"He did, it’s a fact," she said of Obama. "Why did he do that? He did that for exactly the same reasons. He did that because two Iraqi nationals came to this country, joined ISIS, traveled back to the Middle East to get trained and refine their terrorism skills, and come back here, and were the masterminds behind the Bowling Green massacre of taking innocent soldiers' lives away."

Just so we're clear, then. She made up a fake massacre, trotted it out not once but twice, and only retracted it when she got caught.
but it wasn't a lie :cool:

She used her made-up story about a massacre as part of a larger lie about a "ban" imposed by Obama to deflect criticism of the actual travel ban imposed by Trump's Administration.

I don't know if many people here have seen the new TV series Westworld. In the series the androids, called hosts, are programmed to ignore information that conflicts with their assigned worldview. In the very first episode one of the hosts, Dolores, is shown a picture of a woman in a modern city. She looks right at the evidence that there's more to her world than the little frontier town she's living in and she says "It doesn't look like anything to me". When she's urged to look again she just repeats herself. It doesn't look like anything to her, so she goes about her business unperturbed by doubts or questions.

We have clear and convincing evidence that Kellyann Conway lied about the Obama Administration imposing a travel ban. It's been overshadowed by the absurd claim about a massacre at Bowling Green but IMO it's the principal lie in her statement. Even if you remove the ludicrous claim of a massacre no one heard about and replace it with something more accurate, her statement is still unture:

"I bet it's brand new information to people that President Obama had a six-month ban on the Iraqi refugee program after two radical Iraqis came here to this country and attempted to send money and weapons to al-Qaeda in Iraq. It didn't get covered."

She lied. But I guess the clear evidence of lying doesn't look like anything to Trump supporters.

Well there goes that trumpster excuse...

- - - Updated - - -

She misspoke...twice

..in an interview with Cosmopolitan.com conducted by phone days earlier, on Sunday, Jan. 29, Conway used the same phrasing, claiming that President Barack Obama called for a temporary "ban on Iraqi refugees” after the “Bowling Green massacre.”

"He did, it’s a fact," she said of Obama. "Why did he do that? He did that for exactly the same reasons. He did that because two Iraqi nationals came to this country, joined ISIS, traveled back to the Middle East to get trained and refine their terrorism skills, and come back here, and were the masterminds behind the Bowling Green massacre of taking innocent soldiers' lives away."

Just so we're clear, then. She made up a fake massacre, trotted it out not once but twice, and only retracted it when she got caught.

Weird how the people who insisted it was just a simple slip of the tongue have slipped off and jogged on without addressing this.

But that's not the case. They are being used, just less so due to technology.

Well, if they are not being used enough, they are not viable and will close.

My local library is fairly crowded anytime I stop by, which is two or three times a month. Besides the books one expects to see in a library, there are a lot of computer stations with lightning fast connections, which can be used by the public for whatever their needs maybe.

Although it has no apparent references to the Bowling Green Massacre, so it may be obsolete.

Well there goes that trumpster excuse...

- - - Updated - - -

She misspoke...twice

Weird how the people who insisted it was just a simple slip of the tongue have slipped off and jogged on without addressing this.

I gave her the benefit of the doubt. I was clearly wrong.

Carry on.

She misspoke about the actions, more likely.

Per reports they were real refugees who were subsequently radicalized on American soil. Try not to embellish your lies with more lies, WP.
Nope. In Iraq the two were busy planting IEDs and targeting US soldiers. They were already radicalized when they fraudulently claimed refugee status.
But I will not accuse you of lying on this. Most likely you are just mistaken. Just like Conway was. :)

Right. They're in prison. The system worked.
Eventually. They should never have been let in in the first place though.

Funny how you are going out of your way to defend the fucking idiots that surround your lord and saviour Mango Mussolini. It´s not surprising since he hates brown people and abuses women. But you forget that he also dislike criminal immigrants like yourself.

Toni said:
I don't think there's any comparison at all. Trump did more damage in his campaign, simply by running and giving voiceto the racists and sexists and anarchists than the cumulative mistakes of the last 10 administrations, and yes, I am including Bush Jr.

The voices you hear are only in your head. What on earth are you talking about ?

Serious? Not familiar with how the white supremacists have embraced Trump?

Dr. David Duke “Trump Inauguration Speech Declares War on the Neocons & Promotes Our Slogan “America First!” – David Duke.com

Not serious? Or not familiar?

Represent for the ATL.

Or, alternately, he "misspoke."

.. Three times.

You can't misspeak more than once... or maybe twice (as long as the second time you shake your head in disbelief of yourself and apologize)....

three times he misrepresented the truth. challenged the first time, ignored and repeated... challenged the second time, ignored and repeated again...

Someone needs to be made an example of and sent to federal prison for undermining the democratic process and integrity of the US by being a fucking piece of shit liar. "not being elected again" is not even in the ballpark of an acceptable response.

Represent for the ATL.

Or, alternately, he "misspoke."

.. Three times.

You can't misspeak more than once... or maybe twice (as long as the second time you shake your head in disbelief of yourself and apologize)....

three times he misrepresented the truth. challenged the first time, ignored and repeated... challenged the second time, ignored and repeated again...

Someone needs to be made an example of and sent to federal prison for undermining the democratic process and integrity of the US by being a fucking piece of shit liar. "not being elected again" is not even in the ballpark of an acceptable response.

Yes indeed - sedition trials should be going on. Of course the Bannonites will scream about witch-hunts if so much as a breath of that emerges from the mouth of anyone to whom anyone listens...

Back
Top Bottom