• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Brazil 2014--The FIFA World Cup Thread

Imagining Bilby's wide eyes in about an hour or two.

The reaction of the people showing up to the bar at half-time was priceless. I'm glad I left work a bit early, I got there just in time for the air-bombing, and thanks to Germany I have enough time to do groceries tonight.

Pour it on! No mercy!

Does this mean US is better than Brazil?

I say, yes.

It's over! Massacre! 7 to 1!

Germany just won over Brasil by half a dozen goals. Never seen! ... at least in my lifetime!
Well played, Deutschland :slowclap:

Germany just won over Brasil by half a dozen goals. Never seen! ... at least in my lifetime!

It is Brazil's largest margin of defeat since they lost 6-0 to Uruguay on September 18, 1920, so it's probably never been seen in any of our lifetimes.

Of course, if Germany hadn't significantly downshifted their intensity for the last hour, it could have been a lot more one-sided.

Wow... the encyclopedia has spoken! :lol: Nice one!

It was seen in my grandfathers' lifetime (R.I.P.), but he was too young to have even noticed, and there were no satellite transmissions in that period, so hardly anyone alive has seen such a thing.

P.S. Typo: Brazil not Brasil. Sorry, wrote it in Spanish.

Commentator on CBC was priceless during that game. On Brazilian goal: "I've never seen a goal less celebrated in my life"

And... if you add what's been going on...

The Daily Beast: Brazil’s World Cup Is An Expensive, Exploitative Nightmare
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...p-is-an-expensive-exploitative-nightmare.html

1401443148034.cached.jpg

brazil-flag_2913370k.jpg

130621070135-07-brazil-0621-horizontal-gallery.jpg

... then this could get interesting...

I haven't seen such a one sided affair since my teen sex life.

It is Brazil's largest margin of defeat since they lost 6-0 to Uruguay on September 18, 1920, so it's probably never been seen in any of our lifetimes.

Of course, if Germany hadn't significantly downshifted their intensity for the last hour, it could have been a lot more one-sided.
What was absurd was that they were still scoring without pressing hard at all. The crowd were uber-intense, and then Brazil forgot that this wasn't a scrimmage. It was like they were a two player team. A rather pathetic exit for Brazil.

That was painful to watch in the end. It's one thing for a team to lose a game, in their own country, in front of their own fans ... but Brazil were utterly humiliated. Obviously it's not yet time to lay the old "German efficiency" cliché to rest. I hope the Netherlands does the same to Argentina tonight. It'd be great to see an all-European final and guarantee a first European WC winner on South American soil. And you can be sure that a Dutch-German final would be a hard-fought affair, if nothing else.

The silver lining for Brazil fan's is that they didn't lose just because of the absence of Neymar and Silva. That would have been more frustrating and heart breaking in the long run. They lost because they are not a very good team and because Germany is much better. Objective observers knew this going into yesterday's game, but now even the most pro-Brazilian unobjective fans must know this and know their team did not deserve to win a World Cup. It was painful to watch but in the long run it won't sting and fester as much as it would have if they just missed victory due to one players injury.

BTW, this applies to the Brazil fan's who have no reason to be personally ashamed, not to the players who will feel bad about that performance for the rest of their careers.

Some are claiming Brazil threw the game, which seems logical for about half a second, until you realize that losing 3-1 would have been a tad bit more believable.

The Brazilian team just proved they have no grit. Or at least they didn't have any yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom