• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Breakdown In Civil Order

What percentage of violent crimes is committed by psychopaths?
Is this a joke? The highest rate of recidivism is for violent offenders.
Please show the rate of recidivism for violent offenders answers the question about the percentage of violent crimes committed by psychopaths.
He won't answer the question. So I quote from Oleg's citation,

And of the approximately 6,720,000 adult males that are in prison, jail, parole, or probation,3 16%, or 1,075,000, are psychopaths.

The same study also states

This review also highlights a recent, compelling and cost-effective treatment program that has shown a significant reduction in violent recidivism in youth on a putative trajectory to psychopathic personality

Which appears to contradict Oleg's position.
Oleg cannot answer my question because it is unverifiable what percentage of crimes are committed by any demographic. We would need to know all the crimes (including those that are unreported) as well as who committed them along with their demographic information and psychological profile. That data is unavailable.
And of course if you had that data, what use are the demographics? Why would you care about shitty imperfect proxies when you have non-proxy immediate data about every individual? Use the data instead of the proxy.

And of course because in the US we are innocent until "proven guilty beyond shadow of doubt", the imperfect proxy shadowed all over with doubt must be thrown away.

Relax folks, It's just a minority of American's that are still pissed that brown people are starting to get a taste of some lax policing like they have been getting for hundreds of years. They'll get over it. I look forward to the focus being turned towards what American's can do to reduce crimes rather than sweep it under that rug they call a prison cell.

There are clear obvious reasons why brown folks are nuts all over the globe. I wonder what else happened all around the globe for hundreds of years.

It's almost as if no one learned anything from the whole Western influence on Eastern ideology type history books. It's almost as if both the eastern and western influences during colonization's and slave trading is expected to have no influence on the ideology of black folks around the world.

Go figure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Please. For the sake of public safety, stop coddling these monsters.

Well thank goodness we know that tweet is legit because the account is the "Real Joel Fischer". Who is Joel Fischer? Seriously? Also, does his mother know he posts so much to Twitter and is paranoid that people are copying him?

Regardless, back in 2000, right after I graduated from a college in NYC, there were 673 murders. In 2021 there were 488.

Of the seven major felonies... 185k in 2000, to 102k in 2021. IE, back when Giuliani was Mayor and he was tough on crime, it was worse (notably) than it is now.
As an aside, number of times I was mugged in NYC was 0. I was also killed 0 times as well. Criminals weren't running the streets in 2000 (when crime was higher) and they aren't in 2022.

People are lying about crime all the fucking time these days... except Seattle. Things are legitimately worse in Seattle. Elsewhere, they are generally lying their fucking asses off about crime to present this America is burning narrative to prove the Democrats are bad at justice issues and to justify the overincarceration of Americans.

Please. For the sake of public safety, stop coddling these monsters.

Well thank goodness we know that tweet is legit because the account is the "Real Joel Fischer". Who is Joel Fischer? Seriously? Also, does his mother know he posts so much to Twitter and is paranoid that people are copying him?

Regardless, back in 2000, right after I graduated from a college in NYC, there were 673 murders. In 2021 there were 488.

Of the seven major felonies... 185k in 2000, to 102k in 2021. IE, back when Giuliani was Mayor and he was tough on crime, it was worse (notably) than it is now.
As an aside, number of times I was mugged in NYC was 0. I was also killed 0 times as well. Criminals weren't running the streets in 2000 (when crime was higher) and they aren't in 2022.

People are lying about crime all the fucking time these days... except Seattle. Things are legitimately worse in Seattle. Elsewhere, they are generally lying their fucking asses off about crime to present this America is burning narrative to prove the Democrats are bad at justice issues and to justify the overincarceration of Americans.

Last I knew the cops in NYC were part of the racket.

Just try to drive through NYC without getting a ticket. I dare you.

With cops like that who needs criminals?

Curious... why in the flaming heck would one want to "drive through NYC" at all?!

Jimmy Higgins: What'd you do this past weekend?
Jarhyn: Drive through NYC.
Jimmy Higgins: How was it?
Jarhyn: Got half way.

Why would anyone want to BE in NYC? I wouldn't. I was born there.

It's graet to visit as long as you can afford a good hotel and cabs.

Never make eye contact, it is considered a threat.

Why would anyone want to drive in NYC? You take the subway or a cab/uber.
Maybe that's your living: maybe you are a cab driver or Uber driver?

Granted that's part of the racket too, cabbie medallions.

New York is just layers upon layers of grift and graft and extortion and leverage and always has been.

That the cops there are government funded doesn't make it any less a mob racket. Look at Ghouliani, former (fomori?) mayor of New York, part of Trump's very own basket of deplorables.

More like it is how you get around in NYC. The idea of driving "through" NYC when you can drive around it makes a tad more sense. A bit out of the way, but quicker. Kind of like not driving through Chicago, when other options are available. And if you are in NYC, public transit makes a lot more sense. Heck, owning a car can be a major pain in the butt! The worst part of NYC? Other than the lower crime rate... the parking!

More like it is how you get around in NYC. The idea of driving "through" NYC when you can drive around it makes a tad more sense. A bit out of the way, but quicker. Kind of like not driving through Chicago, when other options are available. And if you are in NYC, public transit makes a lot more sense. Heck, owning a car can be a major pain in the butt! The worst part of NYC? Other than the lower crime rate... the parking!
Again, it depends on what you consider crime. Is it police officers harassing black people and shaking down anyone dumb enough to drive their own car within city limits?

It's great to visit as long as you can afford a good hotel and cabs.
:unsure:
I mved to Portland in 79. Once I I went through he Midwest and the NW became home I never wanted to go back to the NE. The last time I was in NYC was about 15 years ago. To visit relatives on Long Island I had to go through JFK and NYC driving on the Long Island Expressway out to Mastic Beach. Expressway is a euphemism.

I like seeing mountains and open horizons.

When my sister and broher in aw went to the grocery store they pulled the shades and left the TV on loud. No contact with neighbors on either side.

When I was flying over green and mountains approaching SeaTac I always felt glad to be back from NYC.

It's great to visit as long as you can afford a good hotel and cabs.
:unsure:
I mved to Portland in 79. Once I I went through he Midwest and the NW became home I never wanted to go back to the NE. The last time I was in NYC was about 15 years ago. To visit relatives on Long Island I had to go through JFK and NYC driving on the Long Island Expressway out to Mastic Beach. Expressway is a euphemism.

I like seeing mountains and open horizons.

When my sister and broher in aw went to the grocery store they pulled the shades and left the TV on loud. No contact with neighbors on either side.

When I was flying over green and mountains approaching SeaTac I always felt glad to be back from NYC.
I'd agree. NYC is a tough place to live... money wise. But you asked why would people want to be in NYC and in the next sentence say it is a great place to visit.

Never make eye contact, it is considered a threat.
Nonsense. I go to NYC about once a month to our office in midtown Manhattan. I go out for walks after work, to the Park, or up and down 7th Ave to Times Square and back for exercise. Never had a problem. I grew up in Stamford just across the state line and visited NYC in the 70's and 80's with family and friends all the time. Again, never had a problem. You can find trouble if you go looking for it, but most residents know where not to go and when.

This is a doozy;

A convicted rapist in California whose sentencing judge argued he should "never get out of prison" was arrested in the murder of a Sacramento man just weeks after his release, officials said. Michael Xavier Bell, 36, was arrested this past Sunday for murdering a 60-year-old Sacramento care facility employee just 73 days after he was released early from a decades-long sentence. Bell was initially arrested in December 2000 after breaking into a woman’s home and sexually assaulting and raping her at gunpoint. Bell and an accomplice took turns committing sexual assaults, at times pointing a gun at the victim’s head and at times pointing the gun at the victim’s 8-year-old son, forcing him to watch. At the time of the incident, Bell was nine days away from his 15th birthday. Bell was subsequently sentenced to a combined state prison term of 53 years to life behind bars for multiple counts of robbery, multiple counts of forcible rape, multiple counts of forcible oral copulation, kidnapping and assault with a firearm. This sentence was reaffirmed in Sept. 2016 when the case was appealed. Then-California Attorney General Kamala Harris represented the state in arguing to keep his lengthy sentence in place. Bell’s release came amid the state’s effort to rehabilitate juvenile offenders not guilty of homicide back into society under Senate Bill 1391. The legislation passed and was signed into law in 2019 by then-Governor Jerry Brown.

Fox News

Less than three months this monster was out and he killed a man.

You can find trouble if you go looking for it, but most residents know where not to go and when.
Ya know, this is the viewpoint difference. The people most likely to be victimized cannot avoid where they go or live. They can't avoid the trouble. The best way to make their lives better is to get the criminals off the streets.

This is a doozy;

A convicted rapist in California whose sentencing judge argued he should "never get out of prison" was arrested in the murder of a Sacramento man just weeks after his release, officials said. Michael Xavier Bell, 36, was arrested this past Sunday for murdering a 60-year-old Sacramento care facility employee just 73 days after he was released early from a decades-long sentence. Bell was initially arrested in December 2000 after breaking into a woman’s home and sexually assaulting and raping her at gunpoint. Bell and an accomplice took turns committing sexual assaults, at times pointing a gun at the victim’s head and at times pointing the gun at the victim’s 8-year-old son, forcing him to watch. At the time of the incident, Bell was nine days away from his 15th birthday. Bell was subsequently sentenced to a combined state prison term of 53 years to life behind bars for multiple counts of robbery, multiple counts of forcible rape, multiple counts of forcible oral copulation, kidnapping and assault with a firearm. This sentence was reaffirmed in Sept. 2016 when the case was appealed. Then-California Attorney General Kamala Harris represented the state in arguing to keep his lengthy sentence in place. Bell’s release came amid the state’s effort to rehabilitate juvenile offenders not guilty of homicide back into society under Senate Bill 1391. The legislation passed and was signed into law in 2019 by then-Governor Jerry Brown.

Fox News

Psychopath gonna psychopath.

This is a doozy;

Fox News

That is a "doozy" in the sense of it sounds terribly awful both his initial crime and the subsequent post release. The term "Doozy" to describe this sounds almost apathetic to the suffering of the victims and this is just a "the Dems are dumb" sort of gotcha.

Technically he did serve 20+ years in prison for his initial crime (20 years in prison is a significant chunk of time, and in this person's case, more than half of his life). I suppose the question to ask is are we to hold all people who commit violent crimes as minors in jail indefinitely because of this case? Were all the others released on similar terms guilty of committing violent crimes once released?

This is a doozy;

Fox News

That is a "doozy" in the sense of it sounds terribly awful both his initial crime and the subsequent post release. The term "Doozy" to describe this sounds almost apathetic to the suffering of the victims and this is just a "the Dems are dumb" sort of gotcha.

Technically he did serve 20+ years in prison for his initial crime (20 years in prison is a significant chunk of time, and in this person's case, more than half of his life). I suppose the question to ask is are we to hold all people who commit violent crimes as minors in jail indefinitely because of this case? Were all the others released on similar terms guilty of committing violent crimes once released?
So, I'm going to just note here that this is being used as an argument that we should be locking people up, yet clearly locking him up did NOTHING to discourage yet another heinous crime.

Maybe instead of stealing people's youth for criminal actions, we could try to address whatever malfunction is bringing them to criminal behavior.

Back
Top Bottom