• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Breakdown In Civil Order

In the US as of 2022 right-wing extremist violence is the number one domestic terrorism threat
Yet there’s no FBI list. I mean, if there’s a klansman under every rock, where are they?
Hint: it's not the klan, and you don't show up on a wanted list when you're dead or already in custody.

The fact is people have always lived who thought it was wrong,
Who? Slavery is so prevalent in history - everywhere - that even the early Christians, who preached that God loved everyone, just accepted that slavery was part of creation. Anyway, we’ve gotten off topic.
the slaves
It's almost as if your cut may have been a bit dishonest, seeing as how I answered your JAQing in the part of the quoted paragraph that you cut.
Well, of course. No one liked it when they or their kin were enslaved. But enslaving an out group was fine until the West had a moral epiphany and imposed its new values on the rest of the world.

In the US as of 2022 right-wing extremist violence is the number one domestic terrorism threat
Yet there’s no FBI list. I mean, if there’s a klansman under every rock, where are they?
Hint: it's not the klan, and you don't show up on a wanted list when you're dead or already in custody.
So moral panic. That’s what we got.
[removed]

People either categorically proclaiming right-wing ideology as their motivation, or discovered to have done so explicitly due to right wing ideology adherence or indoctrination by right wing ideological elements, perform acts of domestic terrorism at least several times a year and have been doing so for the last 25 years at a minimum.
Church shootings, attacks on government buildings and personnel, mass slaughter events... these aren't 'moral' issues, these are actual things that happen.

That is the highest domestic terrorism threat - that is simply objective fact. There is no other broad category of domestic terrorism that is ongoing to the extent of reactionary right wing violence.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no other broad category of domestic terrorism that is ongoing to the extent of reactionary right wing violence.
Wut?

From the article you posted: "No one has been injured during these attacks"

I know this is a completely foreign concept to people festering with a regressive ideological core, but "property" is not human lives, and "vandalism" is not "violence".

[removed]
But if you think you can get away with just plopping down that pile of intellectual diarrhea without being thoroughly called out for it, I've got some news for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
but "property" is not human lives, and "vandalism" is not "violence".
Now do January 6.
People died. Violence happened. Less violence than the utter potential that was there actually happened on account of the ringleader being forced to not attend.

Now do January 6.
You mean the part where people were killed and several others injured by a violent mob of right-wing extremists who were rioting over something that literally doesn't exist?

Also: you're new here so I'll grant you some leeway, but check your sources before tossing around idiocy like that - I don't really give a shit about the Jan 6th riots other than the curio of what happens when a bunch of malignant fucktards gather in one place.
You're not catching me in some clever "gotcha!" trap pointing that out because I've never condemned it in the first place.

And as a result, they are much like Asian immigrants in this regard: they have not faced generations of poverty. They come with a large amount of inherited wealth with a reasonable support structure. They have a community of immediate peers with wealth, as well.

I can't address the Africans, but many of those Asians have little when they come here. Having resources over there doesn't translate to being able to bring them.

On top of that, they haven't been raised surrounded by a culture of racist messaging their whole life.

In many cases they will have inherited cultural messaging from their parents that is just as historically fucked up, as slave traders, as were the white slave buyers.

Having access to wealth and a community of peers makes a lot of difference, and it's not even entirely clear whether all the things that go into that difference are good.

First, note that only the first thing on your list could be considered racism at all and even then it's not discrimination.

Second, I sure saw no community support for my wife--yes, she knew other immigrants but got nothing more than basic language help from them.

Now do January 6.
You mean the part where people were killed and several others over 100 officers injured by a violent mob of right-wing extremists who were rioting over something that literally doesn't exist?

Also: you're new here so I'll grant you some leeway, but check your sources before tossing around idiocy like that - I don't really give a shit about the Jan 6th riots other than the curio of what happens when a bunch of malignant fucktards gather in one place.
You're not catching me in some clever "gotcha!" trap pointing that out because I've never condemned it in the first place.
FTFY

Yet there’s no FBI list.
There is no FBI list of most wanted left wing terrorists any more either. It disappeared years ago. When there was one it listed terrorists who committed their crimes 35 to 51 years ago. Times have changed, Oleg.

I repeat what the FBI said about domestic terrorism more recently. It will be amusing to see how much longer you manage to studiously ignore their reports.

From the report by Dale L. Watson, Executive Assistant Director, Counterterrorism/Counterintelligence Division, Federal Bureau of Investigation before the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence Washington, DC February 06, 2002:
During the past decade we have witnessed dramatic changes in the nature of the terrorist threat. In the 1990s, right-wing extremism overtook left-wing terrorism as the most dangerous domestic terrorist threat to the country.
And from Jill Sanborn, Executive Assistant Director, National Security Branch, Federal Bureau of Investigation's Statement Before the House Appropriations Committee, Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies, Washington, D.C. April 29, 2021:
The top threat we face from DVEs [Domestic Violent Extremists] continues to be those we categorize as racially or ethnically motivated violent extremists, specifically those who advocate for the superiority of the white race, and who were the primary source of fatalities perpetrated by DVEs in 2018 and 2019.

I repeat what the FBI said about domestic terrorism more recently. It will be amusing to see how much longer you manage to studiously ignore their reports.

From the report by Dale L. Watson, Executive Assistant Director, Counterterrorism/Counterintelligence Division, Federal Bureau of Investigation before the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence Washington, DC February 06, 2002:
During the past decade we have witnessed dramatic changes in the nature of the terrorist threat. In the 1990s, right-wing extremism overtook left-wing terrorism as the most dangerous domestic terrorist threat to the country.
And from Jill Sanborn, Executive Assistant Director, National Security Branch, Federal Bureau of Investigation's Statement Before the House Appropriations Committee, Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies, Washington, D.C. April 29, 2021:
The top threat we face from DVEs [Domestic Violent Extremists] continues to be those we categorize as racially or ethnically motivated violent extremists, specifically those who advocate for the superiority of the white race, and who were the primary source of fatalities perpetrated by DVEs in 2018 and 2019.

It won't do much good, Hermit. These guys don't have any normal perception of the passage of time. Remember that Republicans claim to be the anti-racist party because they were the Party of Lincoln.

One wonders where they were in 3rd grade when calendars were explained.

The idea that slavery is bad has been widespread since the very beginning of the practice; But mostly amongst slaves, whose opinions were not usually considered important.

Most of history is the history of a tiny number of self-important wankers who didn't even notice that they weren't noticing the vast majority of people, largely because they didn't think of everyone else as 'people' at all.

Slaves weren't people. Foreigners weren't people (unless they were colonial rivals, in which case they were people, but not decent or worthy). Women weren't people. Poor people were an oxymoron.

"People" meant the aristocracy, and the aristocracy were the only people who were really people. To think otherwise was so absurd that even lunatics didn't indulge in such wild speculation.

To suggest that "the people" were actually people, with opinions that might be taken into account when making decisions, well, that's just beyond absurd. A slave was no more worth listening to than was a dog or a horse. A man might have a favourite horse, but he would be ridiculed were he to propose him for the Senate.

Slavery was not unknown in Europe, especially in Portugul and Spain during the wars with Moslems there.

In 1441, the Portuguese sent exploration sea going vessels down the coast of Africa to horn in on the Moslem dominated African trade. Gold, ivory and slaves. On the way back they kidnapped evil people as slaves. Back in Portugul, the requested that slave trading from Africa be declared legal. Pope Nicholas V, wrote 2 papal bulls, Dim Diversus in 1452 and Romanus Pontifex in 1454. Not onlt was slavery allowable, but the king of Portugul was charged with destroying any and all "Saracen" and pagan kingdoms, no matter how far away. Their movable goods were to be confiscated, and their persons condemned to slavery in perpetruem. These bulls were reiterated by several popes after Nicholas V. Naturally, after Spain discovered the New World, slavery followed. Indians made poor slaves, so African slavery trade started.

We are still living with the effects of Nicholas V's demands for imperialism and slavery against Saracens and pagans, declared by the good pope Nicholas V, to be all declared enemies of God And Christ.

I suggest some day spending a little time looking up Dum Diversus and Romanu Pontifex. It is an eye opening experience. Two of the most evil documents penned in human history. I am surprised this does no seem to be widely known. It is a missing historical link.

Both are dwarfed by the Islamic terrorism of course.

That said, when he wrote this in 2002 he was probably right. You had right wing extremists like McVeigh, and less active left wing extremist scene compared with 1960s-80s.

But now things are different. Widespread rioting and unrests (called "uprisings" by those engaging in it) since 2014, by Antifa and #BLM which has Marxist roots and is glorifying 70s terrorists like Joanne Chesimard. You have resurgence of hate groups like Nation of Islam, New Black Panther Party, NFAC (who hid a cop killer in their compound in my neck of the woods recently), Black Hammer Party etc.
Feds investigating Black Hammer Party in wide-ranging criminal probe

It is not politically correct to point to those groups, as the left wing terrorist groups are often "minority led", but they are a real threat.

Last edited:
To get back to breakdown in civil order, NY's bail deform is still helping violent criminals.
Suspect released without bail after Bronx sucker-punch attack

Fox 5 NY said:
The suspect accused of randomly sucker-punching a man in the head in the Bronx and leaving him in critical condition was released from jail on Thursday. His charges were also downgraded from attempted murder to assault and harassment by the Bronx District Attorney's office, charges that are misdemeanors and not bail-eligible.[...]Bui has a previous conviction for first-degree sex abuse from 1995 and was sentenced to six years in prison. He was paroled in 2019 and is registered as a Level 3 sex offender, the most serious designation.

You assault somebody and put him in critical condition and get released on no bail? With a prior violent felony? And why is Bronx DA charging this as a misdemeanor? It should be felonious assault. I do not but that there is no evidence of aggravated assault, as the attack was caught on video and severe injuries to the victim are well documented. It is the Bronx DA Darcel Clark playing politics, same as her colleague Bragg.

Update: Van Phu Bui was taken into custody today, following pressure from Albany.

A familiar story in these “progressive” hell holes;

Distressing footage showed a disabled 66 year-old being beaten to death with a metal pole in Seattle - allegedly by a serial criminal cops say had been freed by a local judge on a separate felony charge just eight days earlier.

Daily Mail

I'm always tempted to just start posting every horrible crime that happens in Alabama or Florida and what have you for a week, just to make the point that crimes happen everywhere regardless of who the governor is. But I don't want to feed into your phony narrative that penal or policing policies are what motivate crime in the first place, as I do not think that is true. And I think you know you're full of shit anyway, at least in the sense that you know perfectly well that you don't have to live in a city or a "blue state" to be beat to death by a former felon.

Back
Top Bottom