• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

California May Have a Random Celebrity Republican as Governor Soon

That’s was bait. And a quick catch.
And yet still accurate.

Thomas Sowell: “I cannot understand people who say that minorities should be represented everywhere and yet are upset when there are blacks represented in the conservative movement.”

No one is complaining that they identify as black. The problem is that conservatism is a broken and dangerous ideology regardless of who is promoting it.

Thomas Sowell: “I cannot understand people who say that minorities should be represented everywhere and yet are upset when there are blacks represented in the conservative movement.”

No one is complaining that they identify as black. The problem is that conservatism is a broken and dangerous ideology regardless of who is promoting it.

Dude, the left promotes diversity as the panacea for all social ills; but only if that non-White person espouses the leftist diktat.

Dude, the left promotes diversity as the panacea for all social ills; but only if that non-White person espouses the leftist diktat.

Again, no problem whatsoever with diversity. Problem with misanthropic political philosophies regardless of their source? Check. I'm glad there are all kinds of conservatives, if there must be conservatives. I just also think that all conservatives, however they identify racially, are traitorous lackeys who tried to hand this nation over to a petit dictateur in January. If Larry Elder wants to talk about his experiences as a Black man, and agree or disagree on the political issues of the day on the basis of his racialized experiences, that's fine. No one can tell him not to, and I certainly never would. That is not, however, a blank check to say that all of his opinions are going to be correct or even safe. I'm even willing to tolerate and embrace political dissension within the reasonable limits of the law. But actually, all I see at what are ostensibly his rallies, are Trump flags. Why is he in any way okay with people flying the flag of an insurrectionist at literally all of his gubernatorial rallies?

Again, no problem whatsoever with diversity. Problem with misanthropic political philosophies regardless of their source? Check. I'm glad there are all kinds of conservatives, if there must be conservatives. I just also think that all conservatives, however they identify racially, are traitorous lackeys who tried to hand this nation over to a petit dictateur in January. If Larry Elder wants to talk about his experiences as a Black man, and agree or disagree on the political issues of the day on the basis of his racialized experiences, that's fine. No one can tell him not to, and I certainly never would. That is not, however, a blank check to say that all of his opinions are going to be correct or even safe. I'm even willing to tolerate and embrace political dissension within the reasonable limits of the law. But actually, all I see at what are ostensibly his rallies, are Trump flags. Why is he in any way okay with people flying the flag of an insurrectionist at literally all of his gubernatorial rallies?

I might note that all kinds of people have all kinds of destructive positions, including self-destructive. It's entirely possible to be a Jewish Nazi, but I wouldn't put big bets on life expectancy should they manage to get a Nazi leader installed.

In essence it doesn't matter if the person does, or does not have a minority status; liberals will not like that person because they believe in "Fuck You, I've Got Mine"

Conservatism, and other fascist and proto-fascist movements are the snake that eats its own tail. Eventually, when they run out of convenient Boogeymen, they will begin to consume themselves. We've seen it time and again across history.

Conservatism, and other fascist and proto-fascist movements are the snake that eats its own tail.

Oh yeah. I mean, God help Larry Elder if he should dare to use his position as governor to benefit Black neighborhoods in the state, in any way, once in office. Conservatives would instantly turn on him. Or even if he just, like, got photographed hugging Nancy Pelosi or some dumb manufactured media story of that ilk. Alas, both "sides" of pour political divide are prone to endless infighting and virtue signaling. The only people we love to atttack more than the enemy are close allies who've fallen short of an absolute ideal (often one dreamed up earlier that morning to boost ratings during the afternoon news block). And of course the "liberal" media would suddenly think of a million great reasons why Leimert Park Village should be bulldozed to make way for a new Walmart, if Larry Elder were the main voice opposing the eminent domain seizure thereof.

Conservatism, and other fascist and proto-fascist movements are the snake that eats its own tail.

Oh yeah. I mean, God help Larry Elder if he should dare to use his position as governor to benefit Black neighborhoods in the state, in any way, once in office. Conservatives would instantly turn on him. Or even if he just, like, got photographed hugging Nancy Pelosi or some dumb manufactured media story of that ilk. Alas, both "sides" of pour political divide are prone to endless infighting and virtue signaling. The only people we love to atttack more than the enemy are close allies who've fallen short of an absolute ideal (often one dreamed up earlier that morning to boost ratings during the afternoon news block). And of course the "liberal" media would suddenly think of a million great reasons why Leimert Park Village should be bulldozed to make way for a new Walmart, if Larry Elder were the main voice opposing the eminent domain seizure thereof.

Well, I would certainly work to make sure whatever cronies of Elder who were planning on cashing in for whatever scheme he has going were left holding a bag, I think it would be foolish to cut off one's nose to spite their face.

That’s was bait. And a quick catch.
And yet still accurate.

Funny. The ONLY mentions of Elder's race in this thread were by you and I. And my mention ("Fun to see how right-wingers soil their pants in glee whenever they see a Black right-winger!") was just to laugh at you! It is Elder's political views that we focus on and that make him a laughingstock, not his ethnicity. YOU are the one that treats his ethnicity as his only attribute of interest.

The simple fact is that in careers like AM radio talk-show host right-wing nuttery pays much better than left-wing nuttery. Many people, regardless of skin color, like to maximize income. It's widely agreed that Rush Limbaugh adjusted his political views to maximize his audience. (I clicked a TFT link to a David Pakman YouTube in which he says he was once offered money to move his views to the right. I was shocked and disappointed to hear Pakman say his refusal to take the offer turned out to be correct ... because he's making more money now anyway!)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Anyway, it was good to learn in this thread that many big successful companies — like Disney, Google, Apple, Intel, Cisco, Tesla, Facebook — have left the shit-hole state and have moved to the greener pastures in Trumpist states like Alabama and Oklahoma! Oh wait, that hasn't happened.

On the topic of relocating, I read recently that mobility in the U.S. (measured by geographic relocations per capita) has declined dramatically in recent years. (I'll try to dig up the cite from my Firefox history if needed.) Different people have different priorities but the idea that it's always easy to move is absurd. (It may be especially difficult for people with jobs, people with children, old people, and those caring for old people.) At the Other.Message.Board there was one guy whose stock reply to complaints from blacks about racism was that they should move to Canada or such if they didn't like the racism here!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

My close relative is planning a move, though from one part of rural California to another. They love the Grass Valley area but now find it intolerable because it's overrun with Trumpist idiots. Apparently that area has become an epicenter of right-wing politics, getting visits from Ted Cruz, and so on.

Then you do not understand capitalism. At least not the free market capitalism I'm familiar with.

Free market capitalism always seeks the highest quality product for the lowest cost for both the consumer and the producer.

Clearly you don't understand free market capitalism.

Free market capitalists don't rent an apartment for $500/mo if they can get $1500. Doesn't matter if $500 is profitable, $1500 is much more profitable. With that kind of money, you can buy the zoning board and protect your profits.

Sorry. You don't understand capitalism and democracy.
Tom

In your version of capitalism, only those who sell goods seek best value. Buyers never seek best value.

The simple fact is that in careers like AM radio talk-show host right-wing nuttery pays much better than left-wing nuttery. Many people, regardless of skin color, like to maximize income. It's widely agreed that Rush Limbaugh adjusted his political views to maximize his audience. (I clicked a TFT link to a David Pakman YouTube in which he says he was once offered money to move his views to the right. I was shocked and disappointed to hear Pakman say his refusal to take the offer turned out to be correct ... because he's making more money now anyway!)

I posted that video and that's not what Pakman said. I even quoted it when you said that silly stuff the first time.

Democrats get very angry when their property wanders off the plantation.

That's an incredibly offensive joke, for someone inexplicably trying to take the high ground in a conversation about race.

I posted that video and that's not what Pakman said. I even quoted it when you said that silly stuff the first time.

I missed your reply in that thread. :(

You should rewatch it because that's exactly what he said.

"At the time, x number of dollars was three times what I was making. And I said no, I couldn't live with myself. I'm not playing a character here."

I just rewatched the video and ... You're Correct. I must have skimmed the YouTube the first time and taken one sentence out of context.

Sorry. Please forgive me, ZiprHead and David Pakman.

Larry Elder is an overt racist?

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. What race exactly does he hate?

I take it you never listened to his program? He constantly pulls on phony statistics and defamatory stereotypes to stoke hysteria about the violence and lawlessness of young Black and Latino men, usually quoted directly from The Color of Crime and other similar works by notorious white supremacist Jared Taylor. He mocks efforts to combat systemic racism, and acknowledges the existence of racism only when he believes it is being leveled at him personally.

I take it you never listened to his program? He constantly pulls on phony statistics and defamatory stereotypes to stoke hysteria about the violence and lawlessness of young Black and Latino men,
What "phony statistics" specifically? Young black and Latino men are far more likely to commit violent crimes. Looking just at race without age for example, blacks commit about 5x as many murders per capita as whites. And since most murders are intraracial, that means that far more blacks get murdered too. Politically correct denial of reality is dangerous.

usually quoted directly from The Color of Crime and other similar works by notorious white supremacist Jared Taylor.
I don't know who that is. I took my number from the FBI Uniform Crime Statistics.

He mocks efforts to combat systemic racism, and acknowledges the existence of racism only when he believes it is being leveled at him personally.
So-called "systemic racism" is really a phony issue. Basically any time blacks don't have outcomes equal (or better!) than whites, it's "systemic racism" without showing any discrimination by race.

Oh yeah. I mean, God help Larry Elder if he should dare to use his position as governor to benefit Black neighborhoods in the state, in any way, once in office.
If he is elected, he would be the governor of ALL Californians, not only those that have a similar skin color. As such, he should work to benefit ALL neighborhoods, not just those predominately inhabited by people that kinda-sorta look like him.

That's what you identity politics obsessed leftists do not get. For example, that LA Times writer is upset because Elder would not be in favor of giving her money just for being black.

I missed your reply in that thread. :(

You should rewatch it because that's exactly what he said.

"At the time, x number of dollars was three times what I was making. And I said no, I couldn't live with myself. I'm not playing a character here."

I just rewatched the video and ... You're Correct. I must have skimmed the YouTube the first time and taken one sentence out of context.

Sorry. Please forgive me, ZiprHead and David Pakman.

You are forgiven, good sir. And you're a unicorn on the internet.

Back
Top Bottom