• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

California May Have a Random Celebrity Republican as Governor Soon

Larry Elder is an overt racist?

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. What race exactly does he hate?

I take it you never listened to his program? He constantly pulls on phony statistics and defamatory stereotypes to stoke hysteria about the violence and lawlessness of young Black and Latino men, usually quoted directly from The Color of Crime and other similar works by notorious white supremacist Jared Taylor. He mocks efforts to combat systemic racism, and acknowledges the existence of racism only when he believes it is being leveled at him personally.

I am quite familiar with his program. I have listened to it off and on for several years now. The statistics he references are not phony, and he cites his sources...usually government (FBI, etc) or academic. I have never heard him mention The Color of Crime or Jared Taylor. Perhaps they are using the same original FBI crime stat sources as Larry. If you got a problem with his statistics, maybe you should beat on the FBI database or the university academics, not the messengers of those statistics.

Thomas Sowell: “I cannot understand people who say that minorities should be represented everywhere and yet are upset when there are blacks represented in the conservative movement.”

Democrats get very angry when their property wanders off the plantation.

That's an incredibly offensive joke, for someone inexplicably trying to take the high ground in a conversation about race.

The punchline is that you think it is a joke.

Should GAVIN NEWSOM be recalled (removed) from the office of Governor?

⬤ YES

〇 NO

Candidates to succeed GAVIN NEWSOM as Governor if he is recalled:

Vote for ONE

〇 JOHN R. DRAKE (D)

〇 LARRY A. ELDER (R)

⬤ KEVIN PAFFRATH (D)

〇 ADAM PAPAGAN (I)

etc.

etc.

〇 JEFF HEWITT (L)

Interestingly, Paffrath might win. Here's one poll showing him on top.

Among the list of 47 candidates, an ABC 10News/Survey USA poll from early August showed six candidates are among the lead by voters polled: Democrat Kevin Paffrath (27%) and Republicans Larry Elder (23%), John Cox (10%), Kevin Faulconer (5%), Caitlyn Jenner (4%), and Kevin Kiley (3%).

( https://www.meetkevin.com/ )

Ordinarily a Libertarian would be a good choice, but right now any Republican or Libertarian victory would be taken as an anti-vaxer victory and rejection of mask or vaccination mandates.

Adam Papagan would be OK, but his website is not quite serious enough. (Many of the candidates have no website at all.)

What we really need is a candidate who would pledge to step aside and have a committee do the executive functions, and the members of the committee would be chosen by lot.

Thomas Sowell: “I cannot understand people who say that minorities should be represented everywhere and yet are upset when there are blacks represented in the conservative movement.”

Democrats get very angry when their property wanders off the plantation.

That's an incredibly offensive joke, for someone inexplicably trying to take the high ground in a conversation about race.
You think that that is outdated, wait until Jason starts getting into his Whig material.

You think that that is outdated, wait until Jason starts getting into his Whig material.

You know, we've got a second Andrew Jackson on our hands; some of that Whig energy might not go amiss right now. The National Bank, federal protection of critical infrastructure, Congressional control over new lawmaking... there are some ideas that shouldn't have been allowed to die with them.

Larry Elder is an overt racist?

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. What race exactly does he hate?

I take it you never listened to his program? He constantly pulls on phony statistics and defamatory stereotypes to stoke hysteria about the violence and lawlessness of young Black and Latino men, usually quoted directly from The Color of Crime and other similar works by notorious white supremacist Jared Taylor. He mocks efforts to combat systemic racism, and acknowledges the existence of racism only when he believes it is being leveled at him personally.

Oh I see, you mean racist in the sense that he disagrees with you. Got it. It's hard to keep up with these neologisms.

Oh I see, you mean racist in the sense that he disagrees with you. Got it. It's hard to keep up with these neologisms.

When you disagree with combatting racism and systemic racism, yeah, that makes you a racist. It feels like we are running around in circles on this one.

Of course you can say a thing over and over again until it doesn't seem to make sense. That doesn't mean there is no sense, just that someone is being silly.

When you disagree with combatting racism and systemic racism, yeah, that makes you a racist. It feels like we are running around in circles on this one.

Of course you can say a thing over and over again until it doesn't seem to make sense. That doesn't mean there is no sense, just that someone is being silly.

No, see, this is just your framing. It's pure ideology, and stupid. Larry Elder disagrees with you. He's not saying, "oh systemic racism exists, but we shouldn't combat it in any way and instead support it". That's your straw man.

Should GAVIN NEWSOM be recalled (removed) from the office of Governor?

⬤ YES

Candidates to succeed GAVIN NEWSOM as Governor if he is recalled:

⬤ KEVIN PAFFRATH (D)

Interestingly, Paffrath might win. Here's one poll showing him on top.

Among the list of 47 candidates, an ABC 10News/Survey USA poll from early August showed six candidates are among the lead by voters polled: Democrat Kevin Paffrath (27%) and Republicans Larry Elder (23%), John Cox (10%), Kevin Faulconer (5%), Caitlyn Jenner (4%), and Kevin Kiley (3%).

The recent polls by RCP and fivethirtyeight show Paffrath with only half the support of Elder. Paffrath had momentum early in August but, as shown on the attached Wikipedia graph, his support is falling since August 7.

So the effect of your vote will be to increase the chance that Elder replaces Newsom. Is that what you want?

recall2021.png

About, specifically, not promulgating racist crap via your radio program? Yes. If we have different opinions on what kind of tie best accompanies a sport jacket or whether caviar is a food, that is neither a problem nor a racism issue. But disagreeing, specifically, with all decent people on whether racism should be amplified or eliminated, is fairly definitively what defines a racist.

About, specifically, not promulgating racist crap via your radio program? Yes. If we have different opinions on what kind of tie best accompanies a sport jacket or whether caviar is a food, that is neither a problem nor a racism issue. But disagreeing, specifically, with all decent people on whether racism should be amplified or eliminated, is fairly definitively what defines a racist.

I think you said it way better than I did. But yes, this.

I'm sure this is a grand Democratic conspiracy to suppress all those juicy Republican votes Lawndale/Compton is so well known for, as opposed to the seemingly way more obvious answer that this is just some dude who steals mail to pay for drugs.

I'm sure this is a grand Democratic conspiracy to suppress all those juicy Republican votes Lawndale/Compton is so well known for, as opposed to the seemingly way more obvious answer that this is just some dude who steals mail to pay for drugs.

He’s paying for drugs with Newsom recall ballots? Why, who’d want the ballots in exchange for drugs? We’ve got a mystery to solve.

He’s paying for drugs with Newsom recall ballots? Why, who’d want the ballots in exchange for drugs? We’ve got a mystery to solve.

They send those in the mail.

You know, we've got a second Andrew Jackson on our hands; some of that Whig energy might not go amiss right now. The National Bank, federal protection of critical infrastructure, Congressional control over new lawmaking... there are some ideas that shouldn't have been allowed to die with them.

I'm not talking history either. What I wrote describes current events.

If we weren't talking about this particular governor's race, and I describe these two candidates, which do you think is the Democrat?
* A poor black kid from the inner city, goes to mediocre inner city schools, works hard, goes to college, becomes a lawyer at a prestigious law firm. He then moved on to social commentary.
* A rich white kid who went to elite private schools because his dad is a lawyer that represents oil companies. He used his business contacts to start his own business before going into politics.

Mail thieves don't sort the mail when they steal it. They take it all and then look through what they got for things which have value (mostly checks and credit cards.)

Back
Top Bottom