• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

California May Have a Random Celebrity Republican as Governor Soon

It is unfortunate that Elder is constantly touted as being ahead in the polls as he is quite a turn off to potential "yes" voters which works in Newsom's favor.
How is he any different from any other Trumper? He's not being "touted" as ahead in the polls, he is literally ahead in the polls. This is who you guys chose. Don't get cold feet now, just because he went from intimating support for slavery to endorsing it outright. Own your clowns.

Is Elder torching the recall? - POLITICO
THE BUZZ — GOD’S GIFT TO GAVIN? GOP gubernatorial candidate Larry Elder has become a campaign gift to Gavin Newsom — with some Republicans suggesting the talk show host has actually become “counterproductive” to the recall drive.

Elder has continued to hand his incumbent opponent plenty of material. Take the case of Texas’ restrictive new abortion legislation: When anti-abortion activist Lila Rose tweeted that Elder promised a litany of actions to put the brakes on legal abortion in California, Elder, pressed by the Sac Bee’s Lara Korte this weekend, failed to refute that tweet and then had his security team block Korte from further follow-ups.

Over the weekend, Elder told conservative pundit Candace Owens that slave owners are “owed reparations” and said sex education has “no place“ in California schools. And CNN reported that Elder once admitted being accused twice of sexual harassment, saying that one of his accusers was too ugly to be credible.
California recall: Democrats upbeat, some in GOP fret over Elder - Los Angeles Times

Larry Elder’s California recall rise has even Republicans uneasy - "Chuck Norris endorses him, Caitlyn Jenner says drop out"

It is unfortunate that Elder is constantly touted as being ahead in the polls as he is quite a turn off to potential "yes" voters which works in Newsom's favor.
TSwizzle, what did you expect?

I had no expectations.

Which is your problem: you and other California cons nevee took the time to think your cunning plan all the way through.

I mean, I sure as hell think the constitution needs some updates, same as you think your governor needs replacing... But some of us here are wise enough to know that trying to do that right this minute would be counterproductive, as there's a real chance that such changes would end up for the worse if the process happened right this second.

Maybe have the foresight not to create a power vacuum when you don't have someone aligned to fill it?

I had no expectations.

I mean, I sure as hell think the constitution needs some updates, same as you think your governor needs replacing... But some of us here are wise enough to know that trying to do that right this minute would be counterproductive, as there's a real chance that such changes would end up for the worse if the process happened right this second.

Newsom does need replacing, now. I doubt anyone on that ballot would be any worse than Newsom.

I had no expectations.

Newsom does need replacing, now. I doubt anyone on that ballot would be any worse than Newsom.

Other than Larry "let's outlaw abortion in California" Elder, you mean?

Or are you OK with Elder too? Do slave holders deserve reparations? Should California immediately outlaw abortion? Does Sex Ed have no place in schools?

This is really the person you would rather have in office?

Or are you OK with Elder too? Do slave holders deserve reparations? Should California immediately outlaw abortion? Does Sex Ed have no place in schools?

Elder is not my choice but if this is the price to get rid of Newsom, so be it. It's only for a year or so anyway.

Elder is not my choice but if this is the price to get rid of Newsom, so be it. It's only for a year or so anyway.

And then I had a 3 for 1 sale on blocking people.

If your position is that you would rather a clearly deranged idiot than someone who merely made some policies that inconvenienced you, you are simply not worth my or anyone else's time.

If your position is that you would rather a clearly deranged idiot than someone who merely made some policies that inconvenienced you, you are simply not worth my or anyone else's time.

A guy went to the doctor and asked for smart pills. Doc says take one of these each morning, and gives him a bottle of pills.
Weeks later the guy is back "I'm not any smarter, doc!"
"Double it up - take two of them each morning."
More weeks go by, and again "Doc, I'm not getting any smarter!"
"Okay, try taking four at a time."
A few weeks later the guys shows up and says "Doc, these pills taste like rabbit pellets!"
"NOW you're getting smarter!"

How is that different from "Unfortunately, given the opportunity to replace Gavin Newsom, the best Republican candidate turned out to be Elder."

Tom

A guy went to the doctor and asked for smart pills. Doc says take one of these each morning, and gives him a bottle of pills.
A few weeks later the guys shows up and says "Doc, these pills taste like rabbit pellets!"

The thing is, we had to actually get him to that point, where he directly backed Elder over Newsom. That was the money shot.

The thing is, we had to actually get him to that point, where he directly backed Elder over Newsom. That was the money shot.

Meh. Predictable.

Ya know,
If I were a news source, no matter what my bias, I would support any California governor recall. From LA Times to Fox, from CNN to BBC, from Brietbart to...

California governor recalls are great for business! It doesn't matter who wins, or why. It doesn't matter how much damage is done or how much it cost. The media is going to make a killing!
Just because it happened.
Tom

I had no expectations.

Someone needs to explain to me how wanting someone replaced is not an expectation. From an outsider's point of view, it looks as though Californian right wingers looked at the shit storm that is Brexit and thought moronic slogans and platitudes are all that's needed for effective governing.

Someone needs to explain to me how wanting someone replaced is not an expectation. From an outsider's point of view, it looks as though Californian right wingers looked at the shit storm that is Brexit and thought moronic slogans and platitudes are all that's needed for effective governing.

Recall that TSwizzle would prefer no governance at all over Newsom. So it would seem he has low expectations for a replacement. A trained monkey I believe I recall him saying could do better. Maybe even an untrained one.

THE BUZZ — GOD’S GIFT TO GAVIN? GOP gubernatorial candidate Larry Elder has become a campaign gift to Gavin Newsom — with some Republicans suggesting the talk show host has actually become “counterproductive” to the recall drive.

Elder has continued to hand his incumbent opponent plenty of material. Take the case of Texas’ restrictive new abortion legislation: When anti-abortion activist Lila Rose tweeted that Elder promised a litany of actions to put the brakes on legal abortion in California, Elder, pressed by the Sac Bee’s Lara Korte this weekend, failed to refute that tweet and then had his security team block Korte from further follow-ups.

Over the weekend, Elder told conservative pundit Candace Owens that slave owners are “owed reparations” and said sex education has “no place“ in California schools. And CNN reported that Elder once admitted being accused twice of sexual harassment, saying that one of his accusers was too ugly to be credible.
California recall: Democrats upbeat, some in GOP fret over Elder - Los Angeles Times

Larry Elder’s California recall rise has even Republicans uneasy - "Chuck Norris endorses him, Caitlyn Jenner says drop out"

I do think it will help Newsom. The choice certainly looks like Newsom vs Elder California is a blue state--unlikely to vote for a trumpet.

Recall that TSwizzle would prefer no governance at all over Newsom.

I don't recall saying such a thing. Not my position.

So it would seem he has low expectations for a replacement. A trained monkey I believe I recall him saying could do better. Maybe even an untrained one.

I don't think I would have said a "trained monkey". A turn of phrase I do sometimes use is "a strategically shaved monkey could do better".

I do think it will help Newsom. The choice certainly looks like Newsom vs Elder California is a blue state--unlikely to vote for a trumpet.

If it were a straight election of Newsom vs. any Republican without the complication and intentional confusion of a recall, Newsom would have it in the bag. He's not that unpopular.

Recall that TSwizzle would prefer no governance at all over Newsom.

I don't recall saying such a thing. Not my position.

So it would seem he has low expectations for a replacement. A trained monkey I believe I recall him saying could do better. Maybe even an untrained one.

I don't think I would have said a "trained monkey". A turn of phrase I do sometimes use is "a strategically shaved monkey could do better".

If a monkey could be governor then there’s basically no governance.

You can clarify your position now. Do you think Newsom as governor is better than no governor at all?

Maybe this will change Tswizz's mind.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/GavinNewsom/status/1435787351704305666?s=20[/TWEET]

Back
Top Bottom