• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

California May Have a Random Celebrity Republican as Governor Soon

The Right is now saying that the only way a Democrat can win in California is through fraud.

Tuesday, California goes to the voting booths.

Keep - 56.2%
Remove - 41.6%
Keep - +14.1%

Real Clear Politics
Remove - 41.4%
Do Not Remove - 56.4%
Do Not Remove - +15%

Wednesday morning at Faux Noise is going to see some long faces and sullen, snarling silliness.
If the recall wins, this'll be the end of polling. Otherwise, this should be the end of easy recall efforts.

The Right is now saying that the only way a Democrat can win in California is through fraud.

This was always the plan. The current party leadership doesn't seem to mind the "Boy Who Cried Wolf" phenomenon inherent to describing all but only the elections they lose fraudulent. They weeded all the smart people out of the party six years ago, and know that their remaining base will believe the lie all the more firmly because of the repetition.

In case you need further evidence to believe the bullshit character of Republican complaints about fraud, Elder's website is already reporting that he has "detected fraud" in the "results" of the election that.... hasn't happened yet. He detected it with the instruments in his time machine, I guess?

In case you need further evidence to believe the bullshit character of Republican complaints about fraud, Elder's website is already reporting that he has "detected fraud" in the "results" of the election that.... hasn't happened yet. He detected it with the instruments in his time machine, I guess?
Many Californians (including me) use mail-in voting. Ballots have started being collected already, so in principle irregularities could have arisen. Not that I believe that.

Edited to add:
Now, having actually looked at link it does appear as if they are addressing the results, which indeed do not exist yet. Further the application of Benford’s Law to elections has already been heavily addressed with regard to the 2020 presidential election, so I would be skeptical of its application here as meaningful and not manipulative.

Tomorrow is election day in Cal. MSNBC's Steve Kornacki will be manning his Big Board through the night.
Watching Elder get kicked good and hard and watching the feathers fly.

Gavin Newsom hobnobbing with anti-police, pro-left-wing-terrorism extremist.

Newsom rally speaker has repeatedly called for convicted cop killers to be released from prison

A California professor campaigning for Gov. Gavin Newsom has repeatedly called for the release of two convicted cop killers and has praised a third, calling her a "freedom fighter" and saying she is "grateful" for her contributions toward achieving freedom.

Melina Abdullah, a professor at California State University, Los Angeles, was a speaker at an African American Voter Registration and Education Project event Monday in support of Newsom, where she attacked Larry Elder, a leading Black Republican gubernatorial candidate, as a "Black face on White supremacy." Newsom was reported to be in attendance at the event.

Abdullah, a co-founder of the Black Lives Matter chapter in Los Angeles and an "original member" of the national BLM leadership team, has a controversial history of defending convicted cop killers and calling for police departments to be abolished. A Fox News review of Abdullah's social media accounts found that she wants Mutulu Shakur and Sundiata Acoli released from prison, despite their involvement in two separate events that resulted in the murder of a New Jersey state trooper and the slayings of an armed guard and two police officers.

Newsom did not disavow her views. He is rubbish.

Newsom rally speaker has repeatedly called for convicted cop killers to be released from prison

A California professor campaigning for Gov. Gavin Newsom has repeatedly called for the release of two convicted cop killers and has praised a third, calling her a "freedom fighter" and saying she is "grateful" for her contributions toward achieving freedom.

Melina Abdullah, a professor at California State University, Los Angeles, was a speaker at an African American Voter Registration and Education Project event Monday in support of Newsom, where she attacked Larry Elder, a leading Black Republican gubernatorial candidate, as a "Black face on White supremacy." Newsom was reported to be in attendance at the event.

Abdullah, a co-founder of the Black Lives Matter chapter in Los Angeles and an "original member" of the national BLM leadership team, has a controversial history of defending convicted cop killers and calling for police departments to be abolished. A Fox News review of Abdullah's social media accounts found that she wants Mutulu Shakur and Sundiata Acoli released from prison, despite their involvement in two separate events that resulted in the murder of a New Jersey state trooper and the slayings of an armed guard and two police officers.

The call for release of DOCTOR Mutulu Shakur is due to his having bone cancer. It's called "compassionate release" for someone who is not supposed to get a life sentence, but will likely die in prison anyway due to an illness.
What's "rubbish" about that?

Larry Elder made that statement himself.

Voting Day!

I was happy to see quite a line at the local community center on my way to get coffee. Yes, hyper-liberal East Bay tech bros. Go vote! Vote like rationality demands it! And everyone properly masked up and standing six feet apart, too. It was a sight to make Rob Welch curdle in his lonesome grave.

He is just taking a page out of the Trump playbook - cast doubts on the results in case they go against him.

Ho hum, another smear by association using a Fox news source.

That makes it well worth repeating by our "I'm not a Trumpsucker"s.

Oh? You found yourself an "anti-police, pro-left-wing-terrorism extremist"?
I'll see your anti-police, pro-left-wing-terrorism extremist and raise you a mob of 8000 cop-killing, capitol building trashing, violence-bent right wing anti-democracy fascists under the command of the guy Larry wanted to remain President.

He is just taking a page out of the Trump playbook - cast doubts on the results in case they go against him.

Doubts that will, of course, immediately be disavowed without any explanation if he wins.

Another page borrowed from the Trump playbook:
the harmless, I'm-just-saying, fake-fretting insinuations that Conservatives might need to start shooting people if elections don't go their way.

"They say that in America, there are four boxes of liberty," the Elder campaign's website added. "The soapbox, the ballot box, the jury box, and the ammo box. Will we now have to fight the California jury box, in the hope that the final box — the one most akin to Pandora's — remains closed?"

"Gee, I hope it doesn't come to this, but..."

Here's me hoping one of his own MAGAtards shoots him, for losing to a Dem. The "ammo box," indeed.

(Also...
Note to those readers in countries other than America: nobody in America says that dumbass saying that "they" say.)

I'll see your anti-police, pro-left-wing-terrorism extremist and raise you a mob of 8000 cop-killing, capitol building trashing, violence-bent right wing anti-democracy fascists under the command of the guy Larry wanted to remain President.

Wow. The unarmed J6 crowd didn’t kill any cops. Amazing the tenacity of a narrative lie.

Wow. The unarmed J6 crowd didn’t kill any cops. Amazing the tenacity of a narrative lie.

So, you are saying that despite their efforts they were underachievers in this as well as in stopping the count?

Back
Top Bottom