• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Caption Contest

eshima2.jpg

Not satisfied with just driving on the wrong side of the road ...

The maximum gradient on the Eshima Ohashi Bridge is 6.1% (about 1:16), which is no greater than the gradient on the Sir Leo Hielscher Bridges (formerly the Gateway Bridge) near Brisbane Airport.

Foreshortening due to the use of a telephoto lens is the only reason it looks so wacky in that photo.

well, they are doing a good job reversing up that darn steep hill then! and down it! Can you drive that well?
magnify the image, you can see reflection in the mirrors....they are going backwards in the right lane down ha

I can't magnify the image that much that clearly. But I will point this out - in order for them to drive backwards - wouldn't they have to close the bridge and get stunt drivers in? Imagine what that would do to the traffic? :eek:

eshima2.jpg

Not satisfied with just driving on the wrong side of the road ...

Actually - that's the correct way to drive. :D
You forget, that picture was taken in the northern hemisphere. Traffic swirls in the opposite direction from what you'd expect.

- - - Updated - - -

"I think I can... I think I can... I think I can..."

We're going to build a road, a road in the sky, and there will be a road to get to the road

Tie! First to post, take it away...

Back
Top Bottom