• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Chicago makes more thug families millionaires

Like that guy who's face I got into after he pulled into a gas station right in front of me, and then just stopped at the first pump, leaving me stuck behind him obstructing traffic until I got out of my car, walked over to him, and told him to move the fuck up. His excuse, he "didn;t see me". So the fuck what.. you simply behave with courtesy... being clueless is no excuse. it is just a special kind of rude. pull into a gas station and pull up all the fucking way. it's simple. But my point is his "excuse"... Somehow, being a self-centered oblivious prick makes acting anti-socially OK? no, it doesn't. and sometimes, not often, but sometimes, it gets you fucking shot... if not just shoved around a little.

!! :eek: Me thinks the guy who didn't think to pull forward wasn't the self-centered oblivious prick in that scene.

It is not a fact that only one race engages in the behavior - you even admitted in a previous post. However, it is a fact that it is used by bigots, racists and their dupes to describe the behavior of one race.

No, I didn't show a case of whites doing it. I showed a case of a white family attempting to do it.
Even by your posting history, that is a pathetic flail at a rebuttal.

Like that guy who's face I got into after he pulled into a gas station right in front of me, and then just stopped at the first pump, leaving me stuck behind him obstructing traffic until I got out of my car, walked over to him, and told him to move the fuck up. His excuse, he "didn;t see me". So the fuck what.. you simply behave with courtesy... being clueless is no excuse. it is just a special kind of rude. pull into a gas station and pull up all the fucking way. it's simple. But my point is his "excuse"... Somehow, being a self-centered oblivious prick makes acting anti-socially OK? no, it doesn't. and sometimes, not often, but sometimes, it gets you fucking shot... if not just shoved around a little.

!! :eek: Me thinks the guy who didn't think to pull forward wasn't the self-centered oblivious prick in that scene.

prolly because you are too busy with your facebook status updates from your cell phone to notice the traffic light has changed... or that being oblivious is just as anti-social and offensive as simply giving the finger instead of yielding, for example.

Being stupid is not a capital offense.. but it can get you killed (when driving, when dealing with cops, when working with power tools.. .etc..)

If it has a warning label on it, being stupid sometimes IS a capital offense.

Pointing a gun at a cop (or pretending to, or the like) is deserving of a Darwin Award.

Conflate the specific with the general, much?

- - - Updated - - -

great idea! let's do that once we successfully train the public not to act in threatening ways when dealing with cops who have to deal with actual murderers that will shoot them without much warning all of the time... you know, to be fair and reasonable.

It is not the job of the public to accommodate authority figures or public employees. That's authoritarian speak.

It is the job of the public to act civilly. Your speech is that of complete lawless anarchy.

No its not. Also 'civility' is a matter of perspective. Also also, since when does being uncivil justify being shot and killed? See I am not an anarchist. I understand that laws exist and why and that they should be followed. I also however believe that the punishment should fit the crime, and that running from a police officer does not justify being shot and killed. Though I suppose these concepts are lost on you.

The concept that is often lost on your side of this argument is that when a cop fires upon a civilian (justified or not), it is not a punishment for a crime. The mindless chant, "X is not a capital offense" is a strawman. "X" may not be a capital offense, but it may place you in peril for many reasons. Acting uncivilly is "not a capitol offense", but it can certainly cause sufficient confusion to get one physically damaged.. .whether we are talking about getting punched in the face at a bar for being rude, or getting a gun pulled on you by a cop that can't think of any other reason you may be reaching into your pocket after issuing a command to keep your hands out of your pockets, except to pull a gun of your own out.
people who act out with no thought as to how they may appear to others tend to get hurt... and they should get hurt.. fucking cluelessness is a special kind of rude.

Perhaps he really didn't see you pulling in behind him, and was attempting to be courteous to anyone who might be pulling up to the pump in front of him from the other side. But, of course, he's the asshole...

- - - Updated - - -

great idea! let's do that once we successfully train the public not to act in threatening ways when dealing with cops who have to deal with actual murderers that will shoot them without much warning all of the time... you know, to be fair and reasonable.

It is not the job of the public to accommodate authority figures or public employees. That's authoritarian speak.

It is the job of the public to act civilly. Your speech is that of complete lawless anarchy.

No its not. Also 'civility' is a matter of perspective. Also also, since when does being uncivil justify being shot and killed? See I am not an anarchist. I understand that laws exist and why and that they should be followed. I also however believe that the punishment should fit the crime, and that running from a police officer does not justify being shot and killed. Though I suppose these concepts are lost on you.

The concept that is often lost on your side of this argument is that when a cop fires upon a civilian (justified or not), it is not a punishment for a crime. The mindless chant, "X is not a capital offense" is a strawman. "X" may not be a capital offense, but it may place you in peril for many reasons. Acting uncivilly is "not a capitol offense", but it can certainly cause sufficient confusion to get one physically damaged.. .whether we are talking about getting punched in the face at a bar for being rude, or getting a gun pulled on you by a cop that can't think of any other reason you may be reaching into your pocket after issuing a command to keep your hands out of your pockets, except to pull a gun of your own out.
people who act out with no thought as to how they may appear to others tend to get hurt... and they should get hurt.. fucking cluelessness is a special kind of rude.

Let me be certain if I understand this scenario. A man turns off a public street and pulls up to an available gas pump. You get in his face because he was unaware of something happening behind him.

An objective observer could conclude you are being a self centered anti-social prick. In my neighborhood, your new friend could have shot you dead and claimed justifiable homicide. You approached him in a threatening manner, which a reasonable juror might see as a cause to feel threatened and fearful for his life.

If you were to ask me for advice, my immediate response would be, "Lighten up, Francis." You acted in a belligerent in order to defend your right to refuel without being infringed. Any more advice I could add, would be to choose your examples more carefully.

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps he really didn't see you pulling in behind him, and was attempting to be courteous to anyone who might be pulling up to the pump in front of him from the other side. But, of course, he's the asshole...

Yup.. he's the clueless asshole. In congested parts of the US it is common for there to only be one way in and out of gas stations... having cars able to come and go from any direction would be extremely problematic and cause accidents and obstruction to passing traffic.. .that is what this dickhead created by being self-centered and clueless. It just may be that country folk just don't get it. This asshat I dealt with was a local and should have known better.

"perhaps he didn't see you..." is not acceptable. How about I park my car in front of your driveway just before you need to leave for work, and then when I return to your anger and disbelief at my assholishness, my response to you is a shrug, "didn;t see it".

Look, the point here (not taken by rural living folk, I guess) is that being a jerk is not a capital offense, but can still get people hurt, including yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Malintent View Post

prolly because you are too busy with your facebook status updates from your cell phone to notice the traffic light has changed...
Now that's an amusing bad assumption on several levels. Perhaps the same kind of bad assumption that makes you shove a guy for failing to notice a line behind him?

I do not have a cell phone that can surf the web.
I tend to be right on lights and make in-car conversations at those who aren't, to the amusement of my children. "Come on! The light doesn't get any greener!! Go! You can do it! I believe in you!!!"

or that being oblivious is just as anti-social and offensive as simply giving the finger instead of yielding, for example.

An interesting take on life. That distraction is the same crime against civilization as aggression. That being oblivious is the same as being actively mean.

I disagree with your premise completely. When someone is oblivious, one might alert them, but one doesn't need to pick a fight with them. I learned to drive in Boston, so I'm well aware of the various forms of oblivion and aggression in driving and I think your claim is utterly wrong. They are not equally bad, equally anti-social.
Being stupid is not a capital offense.. but it can get you killed (when driving, when dealing with cops, when working with power tools.. .etc..)

If it has a warning label on it, being stupid sometimes IS a capital offense.
Both true and completely unrelated to deliberate acts of aggression against the oblivious. We don't program in extra dangers for people who ignore warnings on tools. Ha ha!! Watch this, the circular saw has an eye-protection detector, and if the user is not wearing eye protection, the saw directs the debris right into their eyes. Awesome design, huh?
Pointing a gun at a cop (or pretending to, or the like) is deserving of a Darwin Award.

So is aggressively getting in the face of someone (you even imply shoving...) just for forgetting to pull forward.

Yup.. he's the clueless asshole. In congested parts of the US it is common for there to only be one way in and out of gas stations... having cars able to come and go from any direction would be extremely problematic and cause accidents and obstruction to passing traffic.. .that is what this dickhead created by being self-centered and clueless. It just may be that country folk just don't get it. This asshat I dealt with was a local and should have known better.
You knew he was local?

"perhaps he didn't see you..." is not acceptable. How about I park my car in front of your driveway just before you need to leave for work, and then when I return to your anger and disbelief at my assholishness, my response to you is a shrug, "didn;t see it".

Wow, this is all so weirdly aggressive. It's not normal at all. Filling one's tank is not like blocking your driveway. He's right there. It's so easy to just say, "hey, you mind pulling forward? I'm in so much of a hurry that if there were a line here, I'd have just driven on by, but since it's a fake line due to your parking, I'm suddenly unable to go somewhere else and this is an anger-inducing emergency."

And then the guy could think to himself, "weird duck, Imma get out of his way!"
Look, the point here (not taken by rural living folk, I guess) is that being a jerk is not a capital offense, but can still get people hurt, including yourself.

We just don't think he was being a jerk.

Yes, it is my assertion that being clueless to a thing that directly affects others in a simply obvious way that most people would be aware of is equal to being outwardly aggressive with respect to that thing. "Ignorance is no excuse" is a fairly common expression, so I am obviously not alone in this thought.

Secondly, ya'll are having a hard time understanding the danger of what this guy did and how obvious and common it is around these parts to behave more cooperatively in that type of situation... this guy almost caused an accident.

Yes, it is my assertion that being clueless to a thing that directly affects others in a simply obvious way that most people would be aware of is equal to being outwardly aggressive with respect to that thing. "Ignorance is no excuse" is a fairly common expression, so I am obviously not alone in this thought.

Secondly, ya'll are having a hard time understanding the danger of what this guy did and how obvious and common it is around these parts to behave more cooperatively in that type of situation... this guy almost caused an accident.
Almost causing an accident justifies acting like an ass?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know who you think you are responding to, but I live in the sprawl of a big city, St. Louis to be precise. I have never encountered a gas station that has only one entrance or exit, but even if there were, I would note that pumps at gas stations are on open-ended islands, and a person can actually drive around those islands and pull into the pump from the opposite side. I know, it's crazy that cars these days have such capabilities. What's even crazier is that not every car has their refueling point on the same side (or even on the side at all), and occasionally people actually do have to drive around a gas pump to refuel from the correct side of the car.

If my driveway was like the design of a gas station, I wouldn't have to worry, because I could just pull out from the other side and go around him.

No, the point is that the person you berated at the pump may have been a jerk, I have no way of really knowing, but given the description of the event you gave, there is no doubt whatsoever that you were being a jerk.

I suppose the accident would have been you ramming the rear bumper of his car. It's hard to imagine any scenario where a driver can pull off the road and be at fault because a following driver hit their car from behind.

This is not a situation where "Ignorance is no excuse," would apply. If the other driver's brake lights were not operating, his ignorance of this would be no excuse. In this case, his ignorance was of the fact that you felt entitled to the 200 square feet of concrete where he chose to stop his car.

The more I think about this, the more I realize you are fortunate to come out of the encounter unscathed.

Goodness. People almost cause accidents all the time. One doesn't need to "get in their face" and swear at them or shove them about it. One just doesn't need to be a prick.

One of my rants is the group of parents who wait for their kids at the bottom of my street in teh most idiotic possible way, and the kids who don't have parents waiting who walk in the most idiotic possible way. I tried telling them what was unsafe about parking at the intersection, and how they are crowding the lanes so people can't safely turn and if there's an error they'll get hit. I tried telling the walking kids to walk on the same side of the road as each other and to make it the safe side. I tried writing a letter to the bus company telling them to drop the kids off 20 feet further, so they'd be on the safe side of the street and could do the right thing without thinking. Nope. They all keep doing the "almost cause an accident" thing that they do.

Yelling at them won't increase compliance over explaining. I saw one of the parents in the grocery store recently and realized that she is doing the best she actually can. There is no capability of understanding vehicle dynamics. Who I'm really mad at is the police, who have been told about this situation that puts 5-8 people in danger every day, twice a day, and who have decided they don't care to ticket anyone or even stop and tell them to change.

But getting up in their faces, telling them to "move the fuck back" and shoving them? Not normal. Way out of line. In my opinion.

Goodness. People almost cause accidents all the time. One doesn't need to "get in their face" and swear at them or shove them about it. One just doesn't need to be a prick.

One of my rants is the group of parents who wait for their kids at the bottom of my street in teh most idiotic possible way, and the kids who don't have parents waiting who walk in the most idiotic possible way. I tried telling them what was unsafe about parking at the intersection, and how they are crowding the lanes so people can't safely turn and if there's an error they'll get hit. I tried telling the walking kids to walk on the same side of the road as each other and to make it the safe side. I tried writing a letter to the bus company telling them to drop the kids off 20 feet further, so they'd be on the safe side of the street and could do the right thing without thinking. Nope. They all keep doing the "almost cause an accident" thing that they do.

Yelling at them won't increase compliance over explaining. I saw one of the parents in the grocery store recently and realized that she is doing the best she actually can. There is no capability of understanding vehicle dynamics. Who I'm really mad at is the police, who have been told about this situation that puts 5-8 people in danger every day, twice a day, and who have decided they don't care to ticket anyone or even stop and tell them to change.

But getting up in their faces, telling them to "move the fuck back" and shoving them? Not normal. Way out of line. In my opinion.

Know what would move them to action in a real hurry? is if you just ran one of those little chuds over. If you want to be real dramatic about it, get a really loud muffler to announce your arrival, glue some flame decal stickers to the hood and sides of your car and swap out your tires for hummer snow tires. And if they have the good sense to get out of your way, just follow them onto the sidewalk, chances are they'll have grouped up. You get bonus points that way.

I mean they'll probably put you to death for it, but hey look at the bright side: When they eventually make a monument to denote the tragedy of the hotwheels homocide, it can be a bronze statue of your car running over little kids with exaggerated expressions of pain and panic on their faces going "OOOOOH NOOOOO!"

Know what would move them to action in a real hurry? is if you just ran one of those little chuds over. If you want to be real dramatic about it, get a really loud muffler to announce your arrival, glue some flame decal stickers to the hood and sides of your car and swap out your tires for hummer snow tires. And if they have the good sense to get out of your way, just follow them onto the sidewalk, chances are they'll have grouped up. You get bonus points that way.

Even more bonus points if Rhea does it in a pickup truck "rolling coal".

I am not actually convinced that would bring change. For real.

Also, no sidewalk. So I'd have to go a good ways through a cornfield and they can scatter. It's just plowed earth right now, but I'd probably sink in faster than the kid could run across.
I mean they'll probably put you to death for it, but hey look at the bright side: When they eventually make a monument to denote the tragedy of the hotwheels homocide, it can be a bronze statue of your car running over little kids with exaggerated expressions of pain and panic on their faces going "OOOOOH NOOOOO!"

Maybe I just put up that statue first and put a little padded bench around the bottom and lure them away from the street that way?

KeepTalking said:
Even more bonus points if Rhea does it in a pickup truck "rolling coal".

LOL. New thing learned today.

220px-F-450_coal_rolling_Monster.jpg

This isn't a word that used to mean something else and was appropriated by racists (as the Pepe frog cartoon was). This is a word and context that was created by racists and used only by racists. You KNOW this, so your willful choice to keep using and defending your use of the word is not fooling anyone. If you don't want to come across like a racist, STOP USING IT!

It has a non-racist definition. I'm using it as defined.

It describes a behavior--someone who obviously played a major role in their problems with the police but which claims to have done nothing and receives widespread support for that claim.
bullshit and you know it. But you can keep using it all you want, and you will keep being called out for your racist language.

Now, the fact that it appears that only one race engages in the behavior is an indication of a problem but pointing it out is akin to pointing out the emperor's attire.
bullshit, but there is your racism rearing it's ugly head.

So pointing out that there is a racial difference in behavior is racist? What is this, 1984?

Back
Top Bottom