• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

China's Warning to the World

As they discuss in your video, the US military has no chance of success against China today. And not just because their military is bigger than the US. Taking over Tawain and/or Australia is only a matter of time, I'm actually a little suprised Xi hasn't already blockaded or invaded Tawain..

When you can't even defeat Afghanistan after 20 years its more than obvious the US military can not compete with China. IMO the best the west can hope to achieve is reverse outsourcing and current supply chains. Its way too little and too late though since our workforce has lost so many skills.

The thought of the PRC ruling the world used to disturb me quite a bit. But not so much any more now that the woke movement has taken hold of the west. Because even though the PRC is communist and lacking of freedom,... at least they are still reasonably sane and still believe in family values....I'm trying to look at the bright side of things.:(

As they discuss in your video, the US military has no chance of success against China today. And not just because their military is bigger than the US. Taking over Tawain and/or Australia is only a matter of time, I'm actually a little suprised Xi hasn't already blockaded or invaded Tawain..

When you can't even defeat Afghanistan after 20 years its more than obvious the US military can not compete with China. IMO the best the west can hope to achieve is reverse outsourcing and current supply chains. Its way too little and too late though since our workforce has lost so many skills.

The thought of the PRC ruling the world used to disturb me quite a bit. But not so much any more now that the woke movement has taken hold of the west. Because even though the PRC is communist and lacking of freedom,... at least they are still reasonably sane and still believe in family values....I'm trying to look at the bright side of things.:(
I can't help but read this and see the text between the lines: "being slaves ruled by fascists like it's 1984 isn't so bad as long as they'll go after those icky faggots and trannies"

You really think that Afghanistan defeated the US. Who did this? The Taliban? Under what metric? We are trying to fix the supply chain. But this takes time. Not as easy as you'd assume. And you honestly believe that the Chinese government believes in family values? Seriously? Have you heard of Peng Shuai? Heard of people getting "disappeared"? Yikes. I'm not seeing much on the bright side.

Afghanistan was not our opponent. We couldn't win in Afghanistan because we were actually fighting part of Pakistan but to actually fight that war would have gone nuclear.

It is effectively impossible to defeat an insurgent enemy that has a secure base of supply. Victory only comes from cutting off the supply, if that's non possible you're not going to win.

I can't help but read this and see the text between the lines: "being slaves ruled by fascists like it's 1984 isn't so bad as long as they'll go after those icky faggots and trannies"
That is the only way I can read it. Is knowing that you can be disappeared for "criticizing" the government or suggesting the president resembles a honey obsessed yellow teddy bear really better than meeting unashamed gay/queer people who can't be fired (or executed) for kissing their partner in public?

But we already knew that the priorities of Trump voters are skewed beyond rational limits.

I am not a military expert, and I suspect neither are you. But there is no way China could quickly and effectively take over Australia. It is too far away for a sneak attack, and it is too large to completely and effectively conquer.

I am not a military expert, and I suspect neither are you. But there is no way China could quickly and effectively take over Australia. It is too far away for a sneak attack, and it is too large to completely and effectively conquer.
The last time Australia was invaded, the invading power was on the cusp of becoming one of the largest and strongest empires in world history, and the defenders were a fragmented polity of hundreds of tribes of hunter-gatherers whose most advanced weapons were sticks, rocks, and wooden spears.

The terrain and weather conditions are so harsh, that this invasion came within a bee's dick of total failure, despite the almost unimaginable mismatch in military, technological, and logistical capabilities between invaders and those they invaded.

Nobody's successfully invading Australia. The logistics and supply situation for any putative invader from the North would make Napoleon's Grand Armée's march on Moscow look like a stroll through a well-stocked supermarket.

A simple evacuation of non-combatants to the Brisbane Line, and the deployment of NORFORCE, the Pilbara Regiment, and 51FNQR (collectively known as Regional Force Surveillance Units - RFSUs), not to mention the SAS, to do their specific expert roles in denying water, food, and materiel to the invader, while the RAAF and RAN harassed enemy shipping in the Arafura, Timor and Coral Seas, would have a devastating effect on any attempt to invade.

Even an invader able to establish air and naval supremacy in those northern waters would face an insoluble logistics problem in either moving materiel overland from the north coast, or extending their oceanic shipping down the entire coast of Queensland.

In perfect conditions, with significant infrastructural support, it's three full twenty-four hour days of hard driving to get a truck from Darwin to Brisbane.

Doing that when you need to supply your own fuel, food and water; rebuild every bridge and culvert; and you have RFSU teams blowing up your fuel dumps and all your replacement bridges every night, planting mines and IEDs, and then disappearing into the trackless bush, would be a total nightmare.

And the regular Australian Army hasn't even been mentioned yet.

And the above assumes that Australia would have to stand alone against the invader. Which seems highly unlikely. I suspect the US would pitch in at least to some extent, as would the UN.

Nobody in power in China is even close to stupid enough to think that an invasion of Australia could succeed.

China invade Taiwan? Maybe. But probably not.

China invade Australia? Don't make me laugh. It's logistically impossible; There's fuck-all drinkable water, and no plausible way to carry enough to supply an army, if faced with even the most token resistance. The only significant armed forces in the world capable of 'living off the land' in Northern Australia are the three RFSUs of the Australian Army, the Australian SAS, and small numbers of allied nations special forces trained by those units; and unless the Chinese have managed to recruit their own crack regiment of Aboriginal personnel, they cannot hope to successfully counter their actions.

That is the only way I can read it. Is knowing that you can be disappeared for "criticizing" the government or suggesting the president resembles a honey obsessed yellow teddy bear really better than meeting unashamed gay/queer people who can't be fired (or executed) for kissing their partner in public?

But we already knew that the priorities of Trump voters are skewed beyond rational limits.
Whenever I encounter such a person who claims to be secular, I can't help but think "go back to religion, we don't want you."

Afghanistan was not our opponent. We couldn't win in Afghanistan because we were actually fighting part of Pakistan but to actually fight that war would have gone nuclear.

It is effectively impossible to defeat an insurgent enemy that has a secure base of supply. Victory only comes from cutting off the supply, if that's non possible you're not going to win.
Yea, I see no correlation between protecting Taiwan and Afghanistan. For one, Taiwan will fight for the independence. They have a robust defense force willing to fight. Secondly, if China takes over Taiwan, the US is screwed. Taiwan makes 50% of the advanced chips that the US needs. Without these chips, our economy is dead.

Yea, I see no correlation between protecting Taiwan and Afghanistan. For one, Taiwan will fight for the independence. They have a robust defense force willing to fight. Secondly, if China takes over Taiwan, the US is screwed. Taiwan makes 50% of the advanced chips that the US needs. Without these chips, our economy is dead.
I can almost guarantee the chip fabs in Taiwan will not survive a Chinese takeover. The world will go without magic before any single superpower will be allowed to own it all.

Is it about chips or is it about democracy and Taiwan? It's actually all of the above. If chips weren't coming from Taiwan would we be so protective of Taiwan as the English were of Poland in 1939? It's a good question. Maybe this international trade thing is a good thing and will keep us all from masturbating ourselves to death.

Sarcasm and hyperbole noted. Wouldn't you rather die a free man that live a slave's life in China, even if it meant you had to buddy-up with the trannies, queers and deplorables?

When you can't even defeat Afghanistan after 20 years its ...
Par for the course. USA has simply added its name to every other country that has ever tried to "defeat Afghanistan" (win in Afghanistan)
NONE of them have ever prevailed. Except maybe in the RVonse imagination, where it is apparently a minimal accomplishment to "defeat Afghanistan".

Last edited:

But you don't need to. Conquer the coastal cities and the few people living inland will come to their senses pretty soon. The only substantial population center not on the coast itself is Canberra and it's not that far inland.

<snip>
China invade Australia? Don't make me laugh.
Well it certainly made me laugh...silly, ridiculous, and funny...as China doesn't have the sea power to project that far, as the US would engage and destroy. China may be able to well protect their coastal areas, but projecting that kind of power is a different animal. They have 2 aircraft carriers that are maybe 75% of our 11 carrier armada. And they are not nuclear, so they will need oilers in tow to keep them going.

But you don't need to. Conquer the coastal cities and the few people living inland will come to their senses pretty soon. The only substantial population center not on the coast itself is Canberra and it's not that far inland.
Until you can make a convincing case that China can transport the necessary military personnel to conquer those coastal cities, your position is risible.

Taking over Tawain and/or Australia is only a matter of time,
Australia is incredibly unpopular in South East Asia. And yet despite that, countries like Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia etc definitely wouldn't tolerate such a move. Keep your Tom Clancy-esque porn in your pants.

Can one fit a million soldiers with guns on a container ship?
Cause if you can, then invading Australia is not impossible.
OK, 1 million is not possible I think. 100K is, but force of 100K is not enough I think.

Back
Top Bottom