• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Chris Christie: I would track immigrants like FedEx packages

Aren't you a self-professed libertarian?

Only when it comes to Murica.

- - - Updated - - -

there is nothing morally objectionable to making foreign nationals wear anklets or submit to chipping.

Except for the whole treating them like property or nothings instead of human beings part, but you don't know what a human being is, and I bet you don't even know what an American is.

They are being treated as human beings with a free will, in other words they are owned by no other than themselves. They have a choice, they can either agree to the tagging requirements for visitation or they can decline. If they decline, they must go elsewhere or go home. If they avoid border controls and tagging, and enter, they forfeit their liberty for having violated a rightful law and are either punished and/or deported.

The are free to come, but on the terms of the host nation.

- - - Updated - - -

there is nothing morally objectionable to making foreign nationals wear anklets or submit to chipping.

Except for the whole treating them like property or nothings instead of human beings part, but you don't know what a human being is, and I bet you don't even know what an American is.

They are being treated as human beings with a free will, in other words they are owned by no other than themselves. They have a choice, they can either agree to the tagging requirements for visitation or they can decline. If they decline, they must go elsewhere or go home. If they avoid border controls and tagging, and enter, they forfeit their liberty for having violated a rightful law and are either punished and/or deported.

Understood. Not that it matters, but the more we learn about your beliefs, the less they resemble libertarian ones. Not that there is no overlap, libertarianism overlaps with a lot of belief systems. You might want to identify with a different group who has ideas similar to yours.

- - - Updated - - -

They are being treated as human beings with a free will, in other words they are owned by no other than themselves. They have a choice...
"They have a choice..." The mantra of the right wing.
they can either agree to the tagging requirements for visitation or they can decline.
They can come to the nation that offers some of the greatest levels of freedom and justice... and get tagged, or they can stay wherever the fuck they are from.

For pets it is in case they get lost (no thumbs, can't talk). For children, it is in case they are victims of kidnapping. For immigrants, it'd be to placate the far right-wing. You seem to be mixing the apples and oranges.

I don't think he's mixing up anything. Max's position is clear. Foreign nationals are less than human. He's made the case that their human rights are irrelevant to his plans, has said without reservation that there is nothing wrong with tagging immigrants like dogs, and has said he supports rounding them up and loading them onto trains for concentration camps....

Max is dead serious. He really wants people (that he considers sub-human) rounded up into camps. Of course it is a ridiculous and abhorrent fantasy that will (hopefully) never happen (again), but that's what he believes.

Foreign nationals are not 'sub-humans', but often guests. But guests that violate their terms of entry and temporary residency are no more welcome than a guest in your home that refuses to leave. While many of these squatting guests and house crashers represent the less talented (making them undesirables), 'sub-human' is a term best used only for the very worst of them (e.g. the murders and rapists).

And yes I fully support their arrest, their detention in practical facilities (like Maricopa county styled camps), labor for building the wall, and then sending them back home with the least expensive method of shipment. Box cars, for example, can be outfitted with wall-pass through air conditioners, heaters, water cans, and 'lucy loo' potty buckets/toilets. As long as there is enough room for sleeping on thin foam jailhouse mattresses, a blanket for each mattress and some form of K-rations, there is not a serious moral issue.

And none of this precludes the use of similarly modified container trucking and/or shipping.

I don't think he's mixing up anything. Max's position is clear. Foreign nationals are less than human. He's made the case that their human rights are irrelevant to his plans, has said without reservation that there is nothing wrong with tagging immigrants like dogs, and has said he supports rounding them up and loading them onto trains for concentration camps....

Max is dead serious. He really wants people (that he considers sub-human) rounded up into camps. Of course it is a ridiculous and abhorrent fantasy that will (hopefully) never happen (again), but that's what he believes.

Foreign nationals are not 'sub-humans', but often guests. But guests that violate their terms of entry and temporary residency are no more welcome than a guest in your home that refuses to leave. While many of these squatting guests and house crashers represent the less talented (making them undesirables) but 'sub-human' is a tad harsh.
Do you tag guests at your home, just in case they try to go and look for some valuables or try to sneak into your basement and live there?

another immigration scam

I am currently helping to run an immigration scam meant to gain a non-citizen a free education paid for by the hard working taxpayers of Georgia. A key element of this scam is the use of an anchor baby who was cleverly planted more than forty years ago.

The grandson of a German friend of mine is ADD, he has a fairly moderate learning disability. As a result he has been put on to the "practical" track in his schooling in Germany versus an academic track. He is on track to learn a trade rather than to go to college. In fact he won't be able to go to college in Germany.

So the boy is currently living with me and my wife for two months while his grandfather and grandmother are celebrating their fiftieth wedding anniversary traveling around the world. We have registered him in the public high school here. He will go to his last two years of high school in Atlanta while living with his grandparents and then see if he goes to college here in the US or back in Europe.

He is a good kid but I have to admit that I had forgotten how much drama is involved in being a teenager.

The boy's father is the anchor baby. His parents are both German citizens but they worked here for many years and the boy's father was born here. He is now a dual national with both an US and a German passport. He lives and works in Germany, where he works for an American company. He travels frequently to the US. What he has been doing is switching which passport he uses to enter Germany and the US. What this means is if someone checks his US passport it will look like he lives in the US and travels occasionally to Germany rather than the other way around. He has established his US residency in the guest room of his parents' house.

He got the boy an IR-2 visa and a 'green card' based on his anchor baby status allowing him to sponsor his son for the visa. He took his son to the US Consulate in Frankfurt for his son's interview but he couldn't be interviewed and fill out his sponsorship forms to get them approved except in the US.

The only thing that is not kosher about this was for the boy's father to enter the US using his German passport and for him to enter Germany using his US passport. This is not accepted procedure for dual nationals but it is never enforced because it never happens. The lines through immigration are always shorter for the returning citizens of the country you are entering than they are for visitors.

- - - Updated - - -

Understood. Not that it matters, but the more we learn about your beliefs, the less they resemble libertarian ones. Not that there is no overlap, libertarianism overlaps with a lot of belief systems. You might want to identify with a different group who has ideas similar to yours.

You are not talking about the terms of the host nation....you are talking about YOUR TERMS. I suppose it was alright for Jews in Nazi Germany to run around with a star of david pinned to their clothing.... Yup, Max you done it again!;)

And where do we get the money for the ID tags or whatever?

aa

We can charge an entry fee of all immigrants and if they don't have the money we can take their jewelry etc. or put them to work in labor camps. That is where Christie and Max would head us.:rolleyes:

or perhaps we could go the Trump route and go directly to cattle cars.

These people are too paranoid to be put in charge in times of emergency.:rolleyesa:

I wonder if Christie realizes that other countries could and would do the same to american visitors including his voters and him himself.
That won't be necessary. Much like astronomers observe exoplanets by the gravitational effects they cause, you can track Chris Christie's movements by measuring subtle variations in Earth's orbit.

Christie's comments are another example of a Republican candidate for POTUS desperate attempt to gain the attention and love the "nativists" who vote in Republican primaries. These types of comments come back to haunt the eventual Republican candidate for POTUS. Apparently either these candidates were not paying attention to what happened to Romney in the general election or they are too arrogant to think it will happen to them. The attitude exemplified by maxparrish is not shared by most voters. Thankfully, looking like a Nazi wannabee is not an asset for a candidate for POTUS in the USA yet.

Foreign nationals are not 'sub-humans'

Then why do you wish for them to be treated as such?

You mean the same kind of "hardship" endured by our soldiers, convicts, and natural disaster refugees? Most of these are not "sub-humans" or treated as such, but if that is your view who am I to object?

Foreign nationals are not 'sub-humans', but often guests. But guests that violate their terms of entry and temporary residency are no more welcome than a guest in your home that refuses to leave. While many of these squatting guests and house crashers represent the less talented (making them undesirables) but 'sub-human' is a tad harsh.
Do you tag guests at your home, just in case they try to go and look for some valuables or try to sneak into your basement and live there?

If a good portion of my guests entered to steal valuables or squat in my home, I would not tag them - i'd stop having guests and tell they are no guest of mine and bar their entry (by force necessary). Moreover, I have no need to tag individuals for their location in my house, its not that big. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

You are not talking about the terms of the host nation....you are talking about YOUR TERMS. I suppose it was alright for Jews in Nazi Germany to run around with a star of david pinned to their clothing.... Yup, Max you done it again!;)

I am talking about what should be the terms of this host nation, and as such it would be perfectly moral to enforce those terms. And given that Jews were Germans and entitled to the same rights as fellow Germans, what has that to do with micro-chipping Russian, Chinese, or Mexican "visitors"?

And where do we get the money for the ID tags or whatever?

aa

Where do they get money for any unfunded obligation - they borrow it. Rest assured, in a budget of 4 trillion dollars, as usual, I am sure they can find some pocket change to fund homeland security programs.

If a good portion of my guests entered to steal valuables or squat in my home, I would not tag them - i'd stop having guests and tell they are no guest of mine and bar their entry (by force necessary).
I've got good news. Most immigrants aren't trying to steal your stuff.

If a good portion of my guests entered to steal valuables or squat in my home, I would not tag them - i'd stop having guests and tell they are no guest of mine and bar their entry (by force necessary).
I've got good news. Most immigrants aren't trying to steal your stuff.

I wouldn't even classify them as "guests." They're employees. We pay them to come here, pay them to stay, and then treat them like criminals when they take us up on our offer of employment. The vast majority don't steal stuff because they're too busy working the millions of jobs they fill.

- - - Updated - - -

That'll do wonders for our economy: "America, stay the fuck out and do business elsewhere."

I would hold you and anyone else supporting this criminally responsible for the ensuing recession and general economic decline of the country.

Back
Top Bottom