• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Climate Change(d)?

In other news one third of Pakistan may be going under water.
:eek: My goodness, this must be the coming rapture because Pakistan has never, ever had floods before!!!

:lol::wave2:
Funny, how you seem to just completely lack any ability to grasp magnitudes. Be like:
A: OMG. Terrorists hijacked four airplanes and destroyed the world trade center towers.
TSwizzle: Like terrorism has never happened in America before.

The worst ever flooding up to 2022 in Pakistan was in 2010. Estimated damages around $43 billion. About 1/5 of country flooded. Killed near 2,000 people.

1661883455343.png

Currently, this was the second worst ever flooding, however, it continues getting worse. The significance of Steve Bank's post was the "one-third" of the country being flooded. They've received 4 to 6 times the 30-yr average in some of these places. Has killed over 1,000 people so far. About 1 in 7 Pakistanis are impacted by this flooding.

1661883444952.png

When I was a kid an aunt told me she was taught in a high school civics class with freedom goes responsibility.

In other news, in Cambodia 20,000 climate change/crisis/emergency/apocalypse cultists gathered together to see out the end of the world;

Up to 20,000 Cambodians are taking shelter at a doomsday cult politician's farmhouse while they await an apocalyptic flood that will bring about the end of the world. Khem Veasna, the founder of the League for Democracy Party, claims a 'black hole' has formed in his spine which is sending him messages about an impending flood that will destroy everything apart from his farmland in Siem Reap. He said in one Facebook post: 'I can't sleep because whenever I sleep, my spinal cord is pulling so hard, because the world is breaking down, and the water is flowing into the gap.'

Daily Mail

Well maybe not quite the same but very similar to the end of times predictions from the climate change rabble.
:parrot:

Awk its a cult awk awk its a cult awk awk its a cult

Both are necessary; conservation and infrastructure.
Agreed. What I disagree with is authoritarians and "water nazis" like yourself dictating how long my shower should be, what my thermostat should be set at and any other piece of nonsense that displeases your puritan instincts. .

The government should do its fucking job and not neglect the infrastructure and allow the Nazi environmentalists to have so much power that we cannot address these problems.
You really won't like the price tag for what needs to be done. The water simply isn't there, you're going to have to get it from the sea.
Meh. Somalis might not be able to afford desalinated water, but Californians can easily.

It's about AU$2/m3 here, delivered by pipeline to your home or business.

The problem is that California should have been building the infrastructure for this decades ago - but Reaganomic reality back in the 1980s said they would rather have tax cuts today than water tomorrow.

Welcome to the wonderful world of tomorrow...
I'm not saying they can't afford it, I'm saying he will really hate paying for it.

Both are necessary; conservation and infrastructure.
Agreed. What I disagree with is authoritarians and "water nazis" like yourself dictating how long my shower should be, what my thermostat should be set at and any other piece of nonsense that displeases your puritan instincts. .

The government should do its fucking job and not neglect the infrastructure and allow the Nazi environmentalists to have so much power that we cannot address these problems.
You really won't like the price tag for what needs to be done. The water simply isn't there, you're going to have to get it from the sea.
Meh. Somalis might not be able to afford desalinated water, but Californians can easily.

It's about AU$2/m3 here, delivered by pipeline to your home or business.

The problem is that California should have been building the infrastructure for this decades ago - but Reaganomic reality back in the 1980s said they would rather have tax cuts today than water tomorrow.

Welcome to the wonderful world of tomorrow...
I'm not saying they can't afford it, I'm saying he will really hate paying for it.
I see the years of whining at the desire to build infrastructure as the source of a shaudenfreude so pure and sweet in this such that it is unto Ambrosia.

What will happen first is in 3rd world and less developed areas. People will start dying. It is already happening. Kids are starving in some places.

One my hide behind willful ignorance, in the long run what happens in Pakistan. Ethiopia, and other places will affect us.

The insane corporate pursuit of max profit and lowest cost has entangled us in a global system. Witness the chip shortage.

I think McDonald gets a lot of its beef from South America. Look at the source of the produce you buy at the store.

We are probably beyond sustainability for our current population.

No. They are saying the climate is changing(be it man made or not)and we must change the way we live to adapt to that change.
They (MSM, celebrities, folks on here) are hysterically screaming that the world is ending, the planet is unsustainable blah blah blah “we” only have six months to avoid the end of times rapture if we don’t mend our ways.
Hyperbole, gross exaggeration and outright falsehoods characterize the speech patterns of intellectually challenged trolls like Trump and his followers.

We are probably beyond sustainability for our current population.

I thinkothere are one or two things that can be done about that. Implement some sort of population control, a one child policy, a no child policy. Or a cull.
Not if you are a Christian.

China tried it and failed. Parents killed female babies and tried again for a male, leading to a male female imbalance.

Capitalism as we have it is based on growth that requires a growing population.Tthat is why immgtaion has been important for us as our birth rate declined.

I have begun to think for some hit and run post are sexual.

Going online there is anticipation, tension grows. Excitement builds as one types.

Hitting the post button is like an orgasmic sexual release.

A desperate cry for attention and e recognition. We can go over to the support forum.

Back
Top Bottom