• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Climate Change(d)?

If someone is driving along the road at speed and the compromised tire(s) causes the driver to lose control of the vehicle and crash, I consider this (deflating tires) to be an act of violence. These cultists could very well get people killed. Letting air out the tires is not a harmless prank, it’s dangerous.
If someone is too stupid to notice that they have one or more flat tyres before they reach a high speed, they are probably doing a service to the gene pool by killing themselves.

Your attempt to characterise deflation of tyres as an act of violence is a serious stretch. I hope you didn't strain anything.

If someone is driving along the road at speed and the compromised tire(s) causes the driver to lose control of the vehicle and crash, I consider this (deflating tires) to be an act of violence. These cultists could very well get people killed. Letting air out the tires is not a harmless prank, it’s dangerous.
If someone is too stupid to notice that they have one or more flat tyres before they reach a high speed, they are probably doing a service to the gene pool by killing themselves.

Your attempt to characterise deflation of tyres as an act of violence is a serious stretch. I hope you didn't strain anything.
Aside from credulity, of course.

It looks like we have only one more last chance to save the planet again;

The world can still hope to stave off the worst ravages of climate breakdown but only through a “now or never” dash to a low-carbon economy and society, scientists have said in what is in effect a final warning for governments on the climate. Greenhouse gas emissions must peak by 2025, and can be nearly halved this decade, according to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), to give the world a chance of limiting future heating to 1.5C above pre-industrial levels. But the chances were narrow and the world was failing to make the changes needed, the body of the world’s leading climate scientists warned. Temperatures will soar to more than 3C, with catastrophic consequences, unless policies and actions are urgently strengthened. Jim Skea, a professor at Imperial College London and co-chair of the working group behind the report, said: “It’s now or never, if we want to limit global warming to 1.5C. Without immediate and deep emissions reductions across all sectors, it will be impossible.” IPCC reports take about seven years to compile, making this potentially the last warning before the world is set irrevocably on a path to climate breakdown.

Teh Gruaniad

A rapture like cult.

I do not think so. Fossil fuels can not be just stopped, it we be economically disastrous.

The cultists are at it again;

Petrol stations have been forced to close after running out of fuel as Just Stop Oil eco-zealots glue themselves to roads and block delivery tankers from leaving ports. Queues of cars and vans have been reported at garages across the country as the disruption begins to cripple supply. Delivery of diesel appears to have been hampered the most, while several of the ports most affected are in Essex where protestors have been attaching themselves to fuel tankers with bike locks. A spokesperson for the environmental activists claimed they had disrupted 54 per cent of fuel supply.

Daily Mail

An affordable hobby for the mature, well to do English middle classes.

They say there are Russian operatives on the net sowing discord, divisions, and fake news. That is ab addition to those who do it for the hell of it, for fun. Attention seekers.

No matter how you spin it climate change is upon us. No more so than on the west coast and the south west. Droughts amplified by ring temperatures affecting crops. The problem is extending down into Mexico which supplies about 60% of our produce.

They say there are Russian operatives on the net sowing discord, divisions, and fake news. That is ab addition to those who do it for the hell of it, for fun. Attention seekers.

They are religious extremists.

TNo matter how you spin it climate change is upon us.

Climate is not stable, never has been, it has natural variability. Why you think otherwise is baffling.

No more so than on the west coast and the south west. Droughts amplified by ring temperatures affecting crops. The problem is extending down into Mexico which supplies about 60% of our produce.

This is just bollocks.

A twizzle fizzle.

I live in the PNW. That climate is changing is observable. People who been here a long time see it. I noticed it as did oters well before climate chnge was in the news.

Snow packs are dwon that reduce spring melts that feed agriculture and reservoirs. Glaciers are dispersing in the Cacade mountains. Rivers are down across the country.

The Columbia River provides water for Washington and Oregon agriculture and is drawing down.

Looming crop failures are being reported in the south west. Cattle ranches have been affected. Fire seaons are getting longer every year and fires worse.

Miami is already having coastal fair weather flooding problems.

I had my fun an I will jot be around to see the full effects. If you are young today I would be very worried about food and water supplies in the future.

Give my regards to Tucker Carlson and FOX News.

It is like it is raining and you insist it isn't.

Oh no, the end is nigh! Whatever shall we do?!!!!111!!!!!!!!111111!

It really is a rapture like cult.

A hallmark and characteristic of cult behavior is the endless repartitions of a slogan which has no basis in reality.

For example repeating 'A rapture like cult' until one enters into a state of rapture. Cult behavior eliminates the need to think through and understand an issue. All you have to do is repeat the mantra you hear someone else say.

As I said if you are young it is your future not mine.

Let's go Brandon!
Climate is not stable, never has been, it has natural variability. Why you think otherwise is baffling.

This is just bollocks.
Brour brilfull brignorance is breathtaking!

One is left to guess what "natural variability" you refer to. The high temperatures during the Mesozoic? The advance and retreat of glaciers during the Pleistocene? That the Danube underwent "hundred-year floods" roughly once per century during Roman times? The fact that it's snowing now in Michigan?

Here are two temperature graphs. Point to where the natural variability touched you.

1046672692-7bcc6edcbdb9a12e560e9809f3f145f6dd36b6b303afe27d32babd366faabd3a-d

1600px-All_palaeotemps.png

A hallmark and characteristic of cult behavior is the endless repartitions of a slogan which has no basis in reality.

For example repeating 'A rapture like cult' until one enters into a state of rapture. Cult behavior eliminates the need to think through and understand an issue. All you have to do is repeat the mantra you hear someone else say.

As I said if you are young it is your future not mine.

I understand the issue just fine. I have a real problem with the crap about climate breakdown/collapse/emergency/crisis/last chance/only have nine years to save the planet or we’re all going to die !!!!111!!!!!112!!22111!!

It’s a lot of shite. It really is a rapture like cult. The end is nigh, end of times bullshit is what it is.

Know natural variatins that affrect climate are not at play. Such as the sun's cycles and the Earth's orbital and rotational variations.

We know in bilcal times parts of Arabia were green. We know the Sahars in Africa has been periodically wet.

The only thing the rapid temperature rise correlates to is human industrialization starting in the late 19th century.

“Rapid temperature rise”?! Oh behave yourself. An imperceptible rise in temperature over 100 years or so. You’re as bad as the intelligent design creationists and flat earthers.

Actually it is 'Don't piss on my back and tell me its raining'. An old American saying.

“Rapid temperature rise”?! Oh behave yourself. An imperceptible rise in temperature over 100 years or so. You’re as bad as the intelligent design creationists and flat earthers.

You don't realize the scale. 6 degrees between the ice age and now. High range IPCC estimate: 6 degrees. In other words, as much difference from now as the ice ages were. And that's not even counting the methane hydrates that are expected to be nasty but we don't have good enough estimates to include them in the predictions.

To undertdstand that you have to know basic physcs and thermdynamics.

A 1 degree of temperature rise in the oceans means a big increase in thermal energy. Temperature diffences form a heat engine, and diffences drive hurricanes, ocean currents, and atmospheric currents. Atmospheric currents dtermine where droughts occur in conjunction with the Coriolis effect on the air.

An example. a 1 pound pices of iron is raised 1 degree above room temperature in a large room . It quickly goes back room temperature with little effect on the aur.

Raise a 1000 pound piece of iron 1 degree and it takes a long time to go back to ambient. The room gets warmer. Convection air currents form in te room.

Consider the atmosphere a room and the ocean a big piece of iron whose temperature is raised 1 degree. Temperature dribes currents in the ocean essentially the same way as with air currents.

Yes, the earth’s climate has always been subject to change, sometimes rapid changes at that. It fluctuates naturally. It’s not possible to stop it by putting in a few bike lanes and banning plastic straws. It’s just annoying.

Back
Top Bottom