• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Coal miners refuse retraining because Trump promised to bring back coal jobs

Even when coal doesn't make a comeback, they'll still believe in the orange turd. He'll tell them to blame it on Hillary, and they will.

Of maybe they will blame Obama's secret weather weapon or the gay frogs? You never know with those people.

Even when coal doesn't make a comeback, they'll still believe in the orange turd. He'll tell them to blame it on Hillary, and they will.

Of maybe they will blame Obama's secret weather weapon or the gay frogs? You never know with those people.

They'd at least blame him for not somehow forcing companies to move there following their retraining [discussed in the article]. But if he did, they'd vote against him for forcing companies to move their following their retraining.

Look for a slow blame-shifting trend to rejuvenate their target list; Hillary is losing her hot-button value, so it's gonna be the "Chuck and Nancy Show" to blame for most of the things the 'pugs do, going forward.

Look for a slow blame-shifting trend to rejuvenate their target list; Hillary is losing her hot-button value, so it's gonna be the "Chuck and Nancy Show" to blame for most of the things the 'pugs do, going forward.

For sure. But Pelosi and Schumer aren't the monster come out from beneath the bed that Hillary was. The conservative hate campaign against Hillary began in 1992 and has continued unabated since then. But you're right; the perpetual hate for Hillary is beginning to lose its steam. The right is going to have to find a new Goldstein. Schumer and Pelosi may fill that role to some degree, but not the way Hillary did.

You can't teach old, ignorant dogs that are generally hostile towards education new tricks.
The solution, in my opinion, is to help ensure their children go away to college (far away) and learn something other than how to play Minecraft professionally... and let the problem die out organically.

On the bright side, Trump is also raising their taxes and ditching their health care, so they'll all die off soon and the issue will become moot.

I just have a whole lot of trouble generating half a shit's worth of concern for these morons and the problems they're bringing onto themselves.

For sure. But Pelosi and Schumer aren't the monster come out from beneath the bed that Hillary was. The conservative hate campaign against Hillary began in 1992 and has continued unabated since then. But you're right; the perpetual hate for Hillary is beginning to lose its steam. The right is going to have to find a new Goldstein. Schumer and Pelosi may fill that role to some degree, but not the way Hillary did.
Methinks you underestimate the power of the Russian/Republican vilification machine. By the time November 2018 rolls around, trumpsuckers will be chanting "lock 'em up!".
The Kill-Hill effort began long before 1992, and now serves as a ~30 year training period during which the art of witch hunting was honed to a fine art.

On the bright side, Trump is also raising their taxes and ditching their health care, so they'll all die off soon and the issue will become moot.

I just have a whole lot of trouble generating half a shit's worth of concern for these morons and the problems they're bringing onto themselves.

onto themselves.. and onto the rest of the country with their votes for whomever their churches command.

What's the training for? How to be unemployed?

Training is pointless without jobs.

If you had read the linked article, you might have noticed that they reported Walmart opted out of placing a store there because of a lack of WILLINGNESS to be trained. THEY are creating the lack of jobs by willfully maintaining a lack of education, specifically because they state that Trump promised them coal mining jobs.

I'm going to move to the middle of Death Valley... surrounded by nothing by sand, no water, and no infrastructure of any kind. I will make hourglasses... and insist the government move industry to me.. and fine the watchmakers for trying to put me out of business!

I'm going to move to the middle of Death Valley... surrounded by nothing by sand, no water, and no infrastructure of any kind. I will make hourglasses... and insist the government move industry to me.. and fine the watchmakers for trying to put me out of business!

Ya, good luck getting that up and running with the stranglehold the Big Sundial Corporations have over the government through their campaign contributions.

You'll be overregulated into bankruptcy.

If you had read the linked article, you might have noticed that they reported Walmart opted out of placing a store there because of a lack of WILLINGNESS to be trained. THEY are creating the lack of jobs by willfully maintaining a lack of education, specifically because they state that Trump promised them coal mining jobs.

Please quote the relevant section.

What I'm reading describes a HOPE that a large company will locate in the area, not a refusal.

Yes, these workers are deluded to believe in Trump. Yes, they should take advantage of any opportunity to improve their employability.

But I can't be too hard them for being proud and feeling like they've done nothing wrong, and not wanting to admit they need help. They will eventually knuckle under, but it's not the preferred way to enlightenment IMO. I watched this unfold in Michigan years ago. It ain't pretty. Those workers were also all morons in the opinion of many, usually comfortably far away. Shit, addicts get more understanding.

My point is this: the economy is designed to keep a measure of workers unemployed. That's a feature, not a bug. Retraining as a solution to the loss of an industry and +30k jobs is either cynical or clueless.

What I'm reading describes a HOPE that a large company will locate in the area, not a refusal.

Yes, these workers are deluded to believe in Trump. Yes, they should take advantage of any opportunity to improve their employability.

But I can't be too hard them for being proud and feeling like they've done nothing wrong, and not wanting to admit they need help. They will eventually knuckle under, but it's not the preferred way to enlightenment IMO. I watched this unfold in Michigan years ago. It ain't pretty. Those workers were also all morons in the opinion of many, usually comfortably far away. Shit, addicts get more understanding.
Here is the trouble. These idiots are bitching about the Government (read "Democrats") "forgetting" about them. Trump plans on cutting off all funding to an Appalachian fund for training workers, nothing from these people. They are given direct opportunity for training to help them get jobs, they walk away from it. But they keep voting red because the 'Democrats forgot them'. These same people were probably quite happy supporting the very fracking that killed their jobs.

These people are proud... but also really willfully ignorant.

Here is the trouble. These idiots are bitching about the Government (read "Democrats") "forgetting" about them. Trump plans on cutting off all funding to an Appalachian fund for training workers, nothing from these people. They are given direct opportunity for training to help them get jobs, they walk away from it. But they keep voting red because the 'Democrats forgot them'. These same people were probably quite happy supporting the very fracking that killed their jobs.

These people are proud... but also really willfully ignorant.

Sure. And they're not unusual that respect. Has nothing to do with my point. Just for a moment, try to remove judgement of the workers from your analysis. Pretend they're all green Dem environmentalists or something. Are they getting a square deal? Or are we helpless in the face of coal's decline? TINA, iow.

Back
Top Bottom