• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Colorado club shooter is non-binary, CNN repeatedly misgenders them.

Sexuality and gender are expressed in many, many languages across the world, across countries and across cultures and across time. Language is fluid and changes as does all form of expression.
Language is indeed fluid but it is also a democracy. Or, at least, it used to be, before pronoun demanders and their enablers. It used to be, before Australia decided it can use the force of the State to make me utter things I do not believe.

I do not understand why you are so fixated on how the current version of English expresses gender and sex. Some languages assign gender to inanimate objects; some assign no gender at all.
English does not 'express' gender at all. The idea that the sexed pronouns - he, she - and the unsexed they - refer to the 'gender' or 'gender identity' of the target is nonsense. You have been warned, Toni. When you decide the target of a pronoun gets to determine their pronoun, you have no escape clause when neopronouns are demaded. Have a gander on Tik Tok for the variety of neopronouns you will be expected to learn.

Oh, and when you see 'she/they', you better mix it up, you better not just use 'she', because the target of the pronouns will be evaluating your she/they ratio, and it better be right.
It had better be right or what?

Yes. Imagine just not mutilating the genitals of children. What a concept.

Unless the children claim a gender identity different from their birth sex. Now, that's a good reason to mutilate the bodies of children.
Are you suggesting the Lurie Children's Hospital in Chicago mutilates children?

Since up until that announcement they were performing medically unnecessary procedures on the genitals of intersex children, yes.

Also, it is my understanding that most hospitals in America circumcise the penises of baby boys, with about 80% of men in America being circumcised. So yes, hospitals in America have been the site of the mutilation of over a hundred million boys.
Do you consider pierced ears to be mutilation?

Unless the children claim a gender identity different from their birth sex. Now, that's a good reason to mutilate the bodies of children.

Since up until that announcement they were performing medically unnecessary procedures on the genitals of intersex children, yes.

Also, it is my understanding that most hospitals in America circumcise the penises of baby boys, with about 80% of men in America being circumcised. So yes, hospitals in America have been the site of the mutilation of over a hundred million boys.
I find piercing the ears of a baby gross but does not amount to mutilation, as nothing is removed and, if left to heal, will indeed heal over.

EDIT: But like, adults, please just stop. Stop putting holes in bodies that don't belong to you, merely to satisfy your personal aesthetic preference. And stop lopping off bits of genitals on bodies that don't belong to you. If you have a need to disfigure parts of your body, your own body is right there and you are the boss of it.

Sexuality and gender are expressed in many, many languages across the world, across countries and across cultures and across time. Language is fluid and changes as does all form of expression.
Language is indeed fluid but it is also a democracy. Or, at least, it used to be, before pronoun demanders and their enablers. It used to be, before Australia decided it can use the force of the State to make me utter things I do not believe.

I do not understand why you are so fixated on how the current version of English expresses gender and sex. Some languages assign gender to inanimate objects; some assign no gender at all.
English does not 'express' gender at all. The idea that the sexed pronouns - he, she - and the unsexed they - refer to the 'gender' or 'gender identity' of the target is nonsense. You have been warned, Toni. When you decide the target of a pronoun gets to determine their pronoun, you have no escape clause when neopronouns are demaded. Have a gander on Tik Tok for the variety of neopronouns you will be expected to learn.

Oh, and when you see 'she/they', you better mix it up, you better not just use 'she', because the target of the pronouns will be evaluating your she/they ratio, and it better be right.
It had better be right or what?
Or you will be corrected and, if your correction does not take, socially castigated.

So, I'm going to be frank here in that even while I may be radically altering my genitals at some point, to the point that neither the tissue that was lost nor the tissue it was connected to would remain, I am still unhappy with the fact that someone removed it without consulting with me.

The thing is, Metaphor has a twisted idea of what constitutes "mutilation".

Piercing someone else's ears without consulting them, doing it even though they do not want it, is mutilation.

Piercing someone's ears because they ask you to is NOT mutilation.

Throwing acid on someone's else's face is almost always mutilation...

Yet, it would still be possible to have an application of acid that results in exactly the same visage that is not mutilation.

The key to this is informed consent.

So, I'm going to be frank here in that even while I may be radically altering my genitals at some point, to the point that neither the tissue that was lost nor the tissue it was connected to would remain, I am still unhappy with the fact that someone removed it without consulting with me.

Piercing someone else's ears without consulting them, doing it even though they do not want it, is mutilation.

Yet, it would still be possible to have an application of acid that results in exactly the same visage that is not mutilation.

No baby ever consented to their genitals being cut up and tissue removed, nor to getting their ears pierced.

IIRC the last time we discussed infant circumcisions the majority of posters here agreed it should never happen unless medically necessary.

IIRC the last time we discussed infant circumcisions the majority of posters here agreed it should never happen unless medically necessary.
Indeed. And here we are discussing a situation where a hospital BANNED infant mutilations and Metaphor through careful use of implications and spin is implying that this means they are going into high gear with it.

No sane medical provider is going to offer reassignment surgeries to children.

There is nonetheless a massive effort on behalf of a few to conflate efforts to PREVENT the need for surgical interventions with... Surgical interventions.

This is really an attempt, much like 'voter fraud" to get something much like "voter ID". They wish to use something that doesn't happen to create enough chaos to attack something that can, does, and ought happen through consent: deferring puberty.

I'm not going to debate circumcision. I asked the question only because I wanted to know the limits of Metaphor's beliefs about what constituted mutilation.

No baby ever consented to their genitals being cut up and tissue removed, nor to getting their ears pierced.
Or to vaccinations or to wearing silly tshirts or to having its photo taken or to being placed in daycare or to whether or not it is breastfed or bottle fed or is fed a vegetarian diet or a host of things, trivial and of great importance. Including surgeries.

Parents can and do make decisions for their infants and minor children who are not able to give informed consent. It is a necessity of parenting.

Or to vaccinations or to wearing silly tshirts or to having its photo taken or to being placed in daycare or to whether or not it is breastfed or bottle fed or is fed a vegetarian diet or a host of things, trivial and of great importance. Including surgeries.

Parents can and do make decisions for their infants and minor children who are not able to give informed consent. It is a necessity of parenting.

You don't say.

Libs of Tik Tok at the top and an ad for Project Veritas at the bottom.

Hmm, do I accept what is says blindly or do I do my own research?

Decisions, decisions.
Of course, do your own research.

Unfortunately you won't be able to research the Dean's posts on Twitter, because he deleted his account after this video came out.
If Project Veritas said the sky was blue I'd have to look for confirmation.

Earth to Metaphor: Did you not notice the term "intersex"??

Libs of Tik Tok at the top and an ad for Project Veritas at the bottom.

Hmm, do I accept what is says blindly or do I do my own research?

Decisions, decisions.
Of course, do your own research.

Unfortunately you won't be able to research the Dean's posts on Twitter, because he deleted his account after this video came out.
If Project Veritas said the sky was blue I'd have to look for confirmation.
If they said the sky was blue I would suspect it's night.

A lot of absolutes and strawmen being thrown around here.
No strawmen at all. Young children are preyed upon by the gender cult if they have gender non-conforming behavior. Metaphor is right to hate the gender cult.
You've fallen for the trans-panic deception.
Um, okay.

You know Oleg, I was in a high school biology class. My teacher was handing out dead animals. First one was a worm, the second was a frog, then a baby pig. We were required to cut them open and investigate for ourselves what is inside.

Handing out dead animals and cutting them open wasn't a suggestion from the teacher that we do anything remotely like that outside the classroom. It was a hands on learning experience, that's all.
Tom

Earth to Metaphor: Did you not notice the term "intersex"??
Yes. You can tell I noticed, because I used it in my reply.

Back
Top Bottom