• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Conservatives wonder why they're dying of covid

So, do you have any evidence whatsoever that "conservatives" or "Republicans" are the only ones getting/dying from COVID?

So, do you have any evidence whatsoever that "conservatives" or "Republicans" are the only ones getting/dying from COVID?
The article used the word conservatives. It's actually trump cultists, covidiots, Qanon... whatever you want to call them. We all know we're talking about: deluded, violent fools on Parler.

I thought that conservatives believe in personal responsibility. But from stuff like that, it's evident that many conservatives consider "personal responsibility" a stick for beating those that they dislike, not something that applies to them.

They oppose lockdowns and they oppose masks, then they wonder why they get the disease.

Like Luke Letlow, Congressman-Elect From Louisiana, Dies From COVID-19 : NPR - Louisiana congressman-elect dies of Covid - POLITICO

I found some pictures of him at events going maskless.

There is a difference, albeit a very subtle one, between saying that "Republicans are the only ones dying from Covid" and laughing at dumbcunt Trumpsuckers who are convinced that "Republicans are the only ones dying from Covid".

Very nuanced, I know. I totally understand how the distinction flew past you. But to answer your question, no I don't have any evidence and to be frank I believe anyone who promotes such asinine conspiracies are completely full of shit. Simply put you are asking the wrong crowd as the people who are promoting such an idiotic claim are on Parler and I suspect/hope, not members of this forum. I'm afraid that I can't help you in challenging stupid fuckwits who believe such crap as to be a member you need a US social security number, apparently.

There is a difference, albeit a very subtle one, between saying that "Republicans are the only ones dying from Covid" and laughing at dumbcunt Trumpsuckers who are convinced that "Republicans are the only ones dying from Covid".

The article Angry Floof links to actually does speculate that conservatives are more likely to be infected and that conservatives are noticing the pattern. But, as you say, perhaps Angry Floof only wanted to make fun of 'dumbcunt Trumpsuckers' for their mistaken beliefs.

Very nuanced, I know. I totally understand how the distinction flew past you. But to answer your question, no I don't have any evidence and to be frank I believe anyone who promotes such asinine conspiracies are completely full of shit. Simply put you are asking the wrong crowd as the people who are promoting such an idiotic claim are on Parler and I suspect/hope, not members of this forum. I'm afraid that I can't help you in challenging stupid fuckwits who believe such crap as to be a member you need a US social security number, apparently.

No, you do not need a U.S. social security number.

The article Angry Floof links to actually does speculate that conservatives are more likely to be infected and that conservatives are noticing the pattern. But, as you say, perhaps Angry Floof only wanted to make fun of 'dumbcunt Trumpsuckers' for their mistaken beliefs.

No, you do not need a U.S. social security number.

Why wouldn’t a group of people who refuse to take precautions be more likely to be infected?

And how did you leap from “more likely” to “only ones”?

Do you have any evidence you're not a bot because you seem to be repeating yourself quite often?

Do you have any evidence you're not a bot because you seem to be repeating yourself quite often?

Well, in fairness.
OP quote mined "conservatives", finding and quoting a handful of covidiots. I'm sure some internet idiots also believe that C19 is a plot against black people, since they also have elevated rates. Or that C19 is God's vengeance for American sinfulness.
Or whatever.

The world is full of idiots and the internetz give them a global pulpit.
Tom

I'm having trouble getting in to blaming the stupid for suffering consequences from their stupid behavior. My feelings about such reports are more along the lines of "What could I have done to help them act differently."

What help would you suggest? Because all the help given to them for decades hasn't done shit for their stupidity or their susceptibility to being manipulated into a froth of hate and fear. They are subsumed to an ideological disease and giving them facts only has the effect of somehow confirming for them that you're lying and their delusions are reality.

Why don't you go help them and show us how it's done?

Yes, definitely. I was going to post this in the "day without stupid" thread, but this stupid needed its own thread.

But in addition to making fun of them, the article and this thread point out the danger these fucking fools pose to the rest of us.

OP quote mined "conservatives", finding and quoting a handful of covidiots.

I didn't quote mine shit, thank you very much. And it's not just a few fringe idiots being amplified by the internet. I think the trump era started exactly that way, but that's not the case anymore. The more violent, stupid, and phantasmagorical elements on the right are actually mainstream now.

I didn't quote mine shit, thank you very much. And it's not just a few fringe idiots being amplified by the internet. I think the trump era started exactly that way, but that's not the case anymore. The more violent, stupid, and phantasmagorical elements on the right are actually mainstream now.

How many conservatives do you think actually believe that only Republicans get C19?
Perhaps you quoted all four of them?

I live in a heavily Trump region. I've never heard anybody say any such thing. I do hear the "God's vengeance for allowing gay marriage" thing.
Tom

I thought that conservatives believe in personal responsibility. But from stuff like that, it's evident that many conservatives consider "personal responsibility" a stick for beating those that they dislike, not something that applies to them.

They oppose lockdowns and they oppose masks, then they wonder why they get the disease.

Like Luke Letlow, Congressman-Elect From Louisiana, Dies From COVID-19 : NPR - Louisiana congressman-elect dies of Covid - POLITICO

I found some pictures of him at events going maskless.

Right. It's not so much personal responsibility as personal superiority.

Obviously it's both.

Priceless.

There's certainly something in the water around Branson and it ain't holy. :D

How many conservatives do you think actually believe that only Republicans get C19?
Perhaps you quoted all four of them?

I live in a heavily Trump region. I've never heard anybody say any such thing. I do hear the "God's vengeance for allowing gay marriage" thing.
Tom

This particular bit of right wing delusion might be a few people today, but conspiracy theories grow like Monsanto weeds among Trump cultists. There is no reasoning or discernment going on there. Whatever appeals to the belief that any opposition is evil and deliberately trying to kill then and/or destroy the country will take root and spread like wildfire among them. That is the point of the OP. And if it weren't for that exact dumbness and capacity for believing bullshit and running with it like a relay race, we might have covid under control and not have hospitals turning away patients. And by the way, no one who knows what the fuck they are talking about believes that it won't get worse.

But, hey, maybe this one conspiracy theory won't last long, but who cares? There are a hundred more stupid and dangerous right wing theories flowing freely through trumpland. I don't know if you've noticed that it's only just been the last few weeks or so that right wing media has pulled back a bit on their mouth foaming fear mongering and lies, but the monster that Fox and the Limbaughs of the world have created in their base has jumped the barricades and is no longer dependent on Fox to get their information.

Qanon is a virulent strain of conspiracy theory mentality and Qanon is now mainstream. Picking apart some detail of their fast morphing conspiracy theories does nothing to actually address the problem of widespread right wing insanity.

If you're still unclear about how Qanon operates and how widespread it is, here's a thread about that https://talkfreethought.org/showthread.php?22773-QAnon-is-a-game-that-plays-people&highlight=qanon. The article linked is long but well worth the read. There are no constraints in the Qanon universe.

This particular bit of right wing delusion might be a few people today, but conspiracy theories grow like Monsanto weeds among Trump cultists. There is no reasoning or discernment going on there.
I agree.

But it isn't just right wingers. I see it happening all over the place.
Tom

Back
Top Bottom