• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Cop killer's widow says he should have killed more cops

Patriots express similar wishes about people in foreign countries who shoot our troops all the time. No one seems to get upset about their expressed desires for revenge.
Except that the thug was a thug and not a solider fighting in another country.
He murdered a police officer because he was sought in another homicide.

And racist
Pointing out prevalence of certain behaviors in different groups is not racist. Ignoring it for the sake of political correctness is just stupid. According to FBI, blacks committed more murders than whites even though there is a lot more of the latter than the former in general population. That is a very significant difference that it will not do to disregard.
Now I see links between the higher murder prevalence and a culture that glorifies violent crime and anti-police sentiments.

Even Ted Bundy's mother mourned his death. That tends to be what wive's and Mother's do regardless how bad their loved one's are.
Nobody is saying she should not mourn his death. But she should not have said that he should have killed more cops. Ted Bundy's mother did not say he should have killed more women.
Same goes for the shrine. Mourning someone is one thing, celebrating the evil deed he committed quite another.

A very small and rather pathetic one. Probably put together by that bare minority of people that think like the shooter did. It is unfortunate, but to extrapolate it among an entire community is broad brushing and wrong.
If it was an isolated incident you would be right. But it happens over and over again. As I said, Mumia Abu Jamal is still a celebrated figure in some quarters.

[Are you using a thesaurus right now? Widespread would be general, would be majority. Not necessarily universal, but you are clearly broad brushing here.
Thesaurus would give you words with a similar meaning, not necessarily identical meaning. These adjectives are all different.
And no I wasn't using a thesaurus to come up with them. :rolleyes:

Pointing out prevalence of certain behaviors in different groups is not racist. Ignoring it for the sake of political correctness is just stupid. According to FBI, blacks committed more murders than whites even though there is a lot more of the latter than the former in general population. That is a very significant difference that it will not do to disregard.
Now I see links between the higher murder prevalence and a culture that glorifies violent crime and anti-police sentiments.
taking out of context *statistics* to make sweeping derogatory comments about "the black community" is racist.
Even Ted Bundy's mother mourned his death. That tends to be what wive's and Mother's do regardless how bad their loved one's are.
Nobody is saying she should not mourn his death. But she should not have said that he should have killed more cops. Ted Bundy's mother did not say he should have killed more women.
Same goes for the shrine. Mourning someone is one thing, celebrating the evil deed he committed quite another.
no one, not even the wife in the OP "celebrated" anything. People in the immediate traumatic aftermath of the loss of their loved one react in weird ways. You, on the other hand, have no such excuse.

Except that the thug was a thug .
Ah. People are saying all sorts of things about the cop they never knew, because he was a cop. Some people are saying all sorts of things about the cop they never knew because he was shot by a black man. People are saying all sorts of things about the widow they don't know, because of one quote that they didn't actually hear.
But if someone wrote 'thug' at the gunman's shrine, they must have known him well enough to support the label, so it's okay for everyone else to use it. Good logic, there, i meant to point that out before.
Patriots express similar wishes about people in foreign countries who shoot our troops all the time. No one seems to get upset about their expressed desires for revenge.
Except that the thug was a thug and not a solider fighting in another country.
And that would make a difference to her? She can't be enraged at her loss because you think his shooting was righteous?

Oh, and i would probably admit to a little disempathy for those who refer to an event with two needless deaths as a 'tragic cop killing.'
How would you refer to it?
As a tragic event. Two tragic deaths. A tragedy.

We don't know exactly what drove him to shoot the cops rather than take any other actions. But whatever drove him to take a life is as tragic as the loss of that life. At least in my view.

If it was an isolated incident you would be right. But it happens over and over again. As I said, Mumia Abu Jamal is still a celebrated figure in some quarters.
Over and over again?

Are you using a thesaurus right now? Widespread would be general, would be majority. Not necessarily universal, but you are clearly broad brushing here.
Thesaurus would give you words with a similar meaning, not necessarily identical meaning. These adjectives are all different.
That is some pretty bad spin.

In this world, there will always be people who say awful things they don't mean or build penny ante little shrines to thugs or who make broadbrush bullshit racist generalizations or trot out illogical examples to try to prove one of their hobby horse claims. Doesn't make it right, but you can count on it happening.

How would you refer to it?

We don't know exactly what drove him to shoot the cops rather than take any other actions. But whatever drove him to take a life is as tragic as the loss of that life. At least in my view.

It would have been even more tragic if more cops had been killed.

In this world, there will always be people who say awful things they don't mean or build penny ante little shrines to thugs or who make broadbrush bullshit racist generalizations or trot out illogical examples to try to prove one of their hobby horse claims. Doesn't make it right, but you can count on it happening.
Or wrongly accuse people of racism for not toeing the politically correct line ...

It would have been even more tragic if more cops had been killed.
Captain Obvious will be here all week. He recommends the veal!

Or wrongly accuse people of racism for not toeing the politically correct line ...
Isn't the OP here guilty of broad brushing? The whole claim of loving gangster life by the local community, which is "widespread" and "general" in the race's community, but not "universal"? Someone who just found out her husband was shot and killed by the Police was angry said something, which was then misquoted by the NY Post toliet paper company. A couple people left a rather pathetic vigil for the man who killed the cop.

Hence the "widespread" and "general", but not "universal" black love of violence.

Pretty disgusting.
Cop killer’s widow rages: He should’ve killed more cops

Also their neighbors set up a shrine glorifying the thug.
The so-called "black community" will not advance until they stop glorifying violent crimes, especially violence against the police. But I bet neither Al Sharpton nor Jesse Jackson will condemn this community response to the murder of the police officer. I mean, Mumia Abu Jamal (who murdered a police officer in 1982) is still viewed as a hero among many.

What's disgusting is you trying to paint this as a "black thing."

Not that I'm calling you racist for doing so. No, if I did that, that would be prejudiced and unfair to you.

Back
Top Bottom