• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

"Coronavirus and the US" or "We are all going to die!!!!"

Hyperbole aside, cases are exploding in China. It appears China is modifying how it diagnosis positive cases of Coronavirus... something like actually having it. <- That's a joke.

This isn't. It is definitely interesting. The numbers outside of China aren't blowing up and it looks like the WHO did a good job at telling Governments to step up quicker to deal with isolation.

That said, we are all going to die! :eek:

And more importantly, this could lead to a temporary slow economic slowdown... in China... which is something China can not stand. They'll need to invent a new global soccer tournament to get people to work or something.

Honestly, I think this is all fake news, China is just coming up with an economic excuse for not buying $200 billion more in soy beans from the US.

Cases are not exploding. What happened is that they are now accepting a doctor's opinion that it's Covid-19 as sufficient as testing is a bottleneck, the result is a bunch of suspected cases moved to the confirmed column. (Suspected + confirmed) didn't make a big jump.

Hyperbole aside, cases are exploding in China. It appears China is modifying how it diagnosis positive cases of Coronavirus... something like actually having it. <- That's a joke.

This isn't. It is definitely interesting. The numbers outside of China aren't blowing up and it looks like the WHO did a good job at telling Governments to step up quicker to deal with isolation.

And more importantly, this could lead to a temporary slow economic slowdown... in China... which is something China can not stand. They'll need to invent a new global soccer tournament to get people to work or something.

Honestly, I think this is all fake news, China is just coming up with an economic excuse for not buying $200 billion more in soy beans from the US.

Cases are not exploding. What happened is that they are now accepting a doctor's opinion that it's Covid-19 as sufficient as testing is a bottleneck, the result is a bunch of suspected cases moved to the confirmed column. (Suspected + confirmed) didn't make a big jump.
Vaccines cause the Coronavirus.

I am in Singapore today. Most people are not wearing masks, but the city seems largely deserted. We boarded a cruise ship with a maximum capacity of 800 passengers. Most people cancelled, so there are less than 200 passengers. When we got to the cruise terminal, my wife and I were the only people in the embarkation hall, except for the army of staff there to manage and guide us to the registration counter.

We are looking forward to a very relaxing vacation. Plenty of food, drink, and entertainment. Free internet included. We head for Vietnam tomorrow, but they may refuse us entry. We usually catch a cold during a cruise, but everything is so sanitary that this will likely be the most germ-free ship we've been on.

Fotos??

I have a thread on this trip in the Travel forum. I'll post pictures there when I get a chance.

https://talkfreethought.org/showthr...ion-Cruise-in-Asia-during-the-Wuhan-Flu-Scare

Vaccines cause the Coronavirus.

We really need to add some smileys here: http://talkrational.org/smileys/default/haironfire.gif

Get on the crazy train!
US Senator Tom Cotton said:
This virus did not originate in the Wuhan animal market. Several of the original cases did not have any contact with that food market. We don't know where it originated ... we also know that just a few miles away from that food market is China's only Bio Safety level 4 super laboratory that researches human infectious diseases. We don't have evidence that this disease originated there ... but we at least have to ask the question.
So make up a claim: virus didn't originate in Wuhan animal market

Then suggest nefarious origin that kind of negates the original claim: we also know that just a few miles away from that food market is China's only Bio Safety level 4 super laboratory

Okay, so the virus didn't originate in the market, but for some reason he justifies mentioning the Bio lab because it is... close to the market?

And then, we need to step our claims back: We don't have evidence that this disease originated there ... but we at least have to ask the question

We have no evidence that suggests Sen. Tom Cotton was involved in the murder of the 6 year old girl that disappeared from a bus stop in South Carolina, but shouldn't we be asked why the Senator hasn't denied involvement?

increase is higher than in 2 previous days but I would still say overall slowdown.

Doesn't look to be slowing down from what you've reported. Below is what you posted according to the date where I am. So some of them came out on the same dates I assume due to being in different time zones. So I took the higher one for that date. The plot seems to show a generally accelerating trend.

Date Dead
1/22 17
1/23 25
1/25 54
1/26 80
1/28 132
1/29 170
1/30 213
2/1 304
2/2 361
2/3 425
2/5 565
2/6 638
2/8 813
2/9 910
2/10 1018
2/12 1367
2/15 1666
2/17 1776
2/18 2010

Chart.jpg

increase is higher than in 2 previous days but I would still say overall slowdown.

Doesn't look to be slowing down from what you've reported. Below is what you posted according to the date where I am. So some of them came out on the same dates I assume due to being in different time zones. So I took the higher one for that date. The plot seems to show a generally accelerating trend.

Here is a more comprehensive chart:

cgtn.JPG

View attachment 26203

The National Health Commission of the People's Republic of China is a cabinet-level executive department under the State Council of the People's Republic of China which is responsible for sanitation and health in the country.

But to be clear I don't know where barbos gets his data.

View attachment 26203

The National Health Commission of the People's Republic of China is a cabinet-level executive department under the State Council of the People's Republic of China which is responsible for sanitation and health in the country.

Why the "but"? Did you also mistrust American government statistics about the health of its citizens during the H1N1 outbreak of 2009? If not, why not?

Why the "but"? Did you also mistrust American government statistics about the health of its citizens during the H1N1 outbreak of 2009? If not, why not?

It wasn't obvious where either of you were getting your data. I was just interested in plotting the trend with whatever data was handy. You introduced yours without citing it's source as I would have done. So I did.

It wasn't obvious where either of you were getting your data. I was just interested in plotting the trend with whatever data was handy. You introduced yours without citing it's source as I would have done. So I did.

From the politics form pyramidgead is a stanch defender of China winch has nothing to be critical of and a despiser of the USA. From his posts I can not help getting the feeling he a foreign govt troll of some kind.

I wonder where we would be if a response had been delayed even further. The report gas said it spread through a quarantined ship.

Back
Top Bottom