• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

"Coronavirus and the US" or "We are all going to die!!!!"

Buried in this is a very alarming statistic: 2.4% of US workers are currently disabled (out of the workforce) due to long Covid. The most vulnerable populations were not all that much in the workforce already, they no doubt have an even higher rate.

The trend in heart attacks among young people is still around. Covid-19 was quite the interesting bug. Younger adults 30% higher than expected rate of heart attacks. This was kind of one of those things people warned about with the idiots suggesting we just let everyone get Covid-19 and be done with it... "can't live in fear" you know.

I'm curious what the rate is among people that got Covid-19 post vaccination.

The trend in heart attacks among young people is still around. Covid-19 was quite the interesting bug. Younger adults 30% higher than expected rate of heart attacks. This was kind of one of those things people warned about with the idiots suggesting we just let everyone get Covid-19 and be done with it... "can't live in fear" you know.

A 30% increase in a very small number isn't that big a factor.

You mean it’s not an overall large number. It’s a *factor* of 1.3 regardless.

Yeah--I'm saying it's not that many deaths. The 30% figure sounds a lot more alarming than it really is.

The 2.4% of the US workforce disabled by Long Covid is far scarier to me.

Yeah--I'm saying it's not that many deaths. The 30% figure sounds a lot more alarming than it really is.

The 2.4% of the US workforce disabled by Long Covid is far scarier to me.
I was likely being too pedantic about your use of the word “factor”.

There have been 'multiple cases' of COVID again at my mom's nursing home. I've taken to wearing my mask again. I think mom snuck out of getting her shot in the fall, but I made sure to have her nurse add a note to her file that she is to get it the next round (I think in March).

Well, it had to happen sometime.

I saw someone dick-nosing a KN95.

I find dick-nosing since the mandates went away strange in general, but normally the people who care enough to wear a respirator wear it properly.

Back
Top Bottom