• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

Austin Mayor went to Mexico

California Governor attended birthday gala for rich person. No masks, no spacing.

The two admitted error, poor judgment over half a year into a our pandemic. Fuck off!

What I find interesting is that the uber wealthy share a common stupidity/indifference with the people protesting closures and masks.

More "do as I say" hypocrisy;

In early November, as health officials warned of a impending COVID-19 spike, Austin Mayor Steve Adler hosted an outdoor wedding and reception with 20 guests for his daughter at a trendy hotel near downtown. The next morning, Adler and seven other wedding attendees boarded a private jet bound for Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, where they vacationed for a week at a family timeshare. One night into the trip, Adler addressed Austin residents in a Facebook video: “We need to stay home if you can. This is not the time to relax. We are going to be looking really closely. ... We may have to close things down if we are not careful.”

News

Shameless.

Like everyone who traveled for thanksgiving he's a selfish immoral piece of shit.

LOL. Both my kids traveled home for Thanksgiving and one of them back again. And would you believe, not one of the family has dropped dead !!! I am more afraid they get into a car accident on the freeway than covid. Which is to say, not much.

The fact that he's also a hypocrite is rather minor by comparison.

They all are, that's why rational people have tuned them out and get on with things.

Like everyone who traveled for thanksgiving he's a selfish immoral piece of shit.

LOL. Both my kids traveled home for Thanksgiving and one of them back again. And would you believe, not one of the family has dropped dead !!! I am more afraid they get into a car accident on the freeway than covid. Which is to say, not much.

Yes, your immoral antiscience stance on willfully helping to spread COVID and harm and kill people has been well established, and apparently you passed your lack of ethics and civic responsibility onto your unfortunate spawn.

ronburgundy said:
The fact that he's also a hypocrite is rather minor by comparison.

"They all are, that's why rational people immoral scumbags have tuned them out and get on with things causing the highest number of COVID deaths yesterday than any day in any country so far. "

FIFY.

Yes, your immoral antiscience stance on willfully helping to spread COVID and harm and kill people has been well established, and apparently you passed your lack of ethics and civic responsibility onto your unfortunate spawn.

Your finger wagging, scolding and name calling has no impact on how I behave. I just laugh it off. You have no idea what you are talking about, none.

Your finger wagging, scolding and name calling has no impact on how I behave. I just laugh it off. You have no idea what you are talking about, none.

Your own words prove everything I said objectively true, except the "immoral" part, which is based on my crazy notion that having willful disregard for whether your actions harm and kill other people is the foundation of any sensible concept of immorality.

Your own words prove everything I said objectively true, except the "immoral" part, which is based on my crazy notion that having willful disregard for whether your actions harm and kill other people is the foundation of any sensible concept of immorality.

Such drama :rolleyes: But also :hysterical:

You stay safe, stay at home fella.

Laugh all you want. The thing is, the doctors and nurses and nurse aids aren't laughing.

Such drama :rolleyes: But also :hysterical:

You stay safe, stay at home fella.

I'll be staying safe by also supporting a government that doesn't allow you to inflict harm on others, including supporting bans on travel and access to public schools and other places on those who refuse vaccination, which will already be the case for most international travel.

Swizzle said:
Both my kids traveled home for Thanksgiving and one of them back again. And would you believe, not one of the family has dropped dead !!!

And fuck anyone who DID die because one of your little Covidians was an asymptomatic carrier...
All of you selfish, "fearless" idiots need to be sequestered on an island somewhere until 80% of the rest of the population is vaccinated.

This will have the control freaks going into meltdown;

Fans finally returned to watch an English top-flight side in action with Arsenal hosting Rapid Vienna in the Europa League at the Emirates Stadium in front of thousands. The Gunners sold out their 2,000 tickets - which were distributed on a 'first come, first served' basis - for the Group B fixture inside 20 minutes on Saturday morning. The north London side have now become the first top flight team to take advantage of the new rules allowing fans to return in relatively small numbers following the end of England's lockdown on Wednesday.

DailyMail

Although, The Gunners have been pretty poor this season, I'm surprised they got 2,000 to show up ! :hysterical:

Rural Virginia county officials pass resolution rejecting ‘tyranny’ of governor’s coronavirus restrictions

RUSTBURG, Va. – Nearly 100 people gathered in the Campbell County Board of Supervisors chamber outside Lynchburg this week, took off their face coverings and applauded an official resolution rejecting Gov. Ralph Northam’s coronavirus restrictions.

“Free people have a duty to push back against these restrictions,” County Supervisor Charlie A. Watts II said during the Tuesday night hearing. Northam’s executive orders mandating the wearing of masks during the deadly pandemic, ordering restaurants to stop serving alcohol at 10 p.m. and limiting public gatherings to 25 people or fewer are “simply not the role of government in a free society,” Watts said.

The board in this deeply red county then voted unanimously in favor of a resolution declaring Campbell a “First Amendment sanctuary” – referring to the Bill of Rights guarantee of the freedom of assembly – and ordering local authorities not to enforce the Democratic governor’s mandates.

The epidemic of stupidity is almost as dangerous as covid itself.

Good you are in high spirits. US was in 9th place for covid deaths per million, but even posting record high daily deaths recently, y'all have slipped to number eleven. The haters just can't appreciate all your efforts to make America #1!!!!!!!

USA!
USA!
USA!
USA!

Our "President"'s rallies during plague time need a special place in history books -- always with a mention that the Grand Old Party backed him, city by city. I have not seen any breakdown of covid cases by party affiliation, but if ever a group earned its right to gasp and choke with disease...

Sheriff who refused to enforce restrictions tests positive for Covid-19

As California Gov. Gavin Newsom ordered restrictions aimed at curbing a surge of Covid-19 cases, Sacramento County Sheriff Scott Jones declined to enforce them.

Jones resisted enforcing the statewide mask order issued in June. And he pushed back on the governor-ordered curfew aimed at curbing nonessential gatherings last month.
On Wednesday, Jones' office announced that he had tested positive for the virus.
"Yesterday, December 1st, Sheriff Scott Jones received positive test results for Covid-19," the sheriff's office said in a statement. "He was tested when he developed symptoms late last week after a workplace exposure to an employee that later tested positive."

His symptoms, which included a fever, congestion and light-headedness, began last Friday, the statement said. His family also is in quarantine.

The incompetent EDD in California has been screwed out of millions of dollars due to fraudulent unemployment claims;

State investigators have so far identified $400 million paid on some 21,000 unemployment benefit claims improperly filed in the names of California prison inmates, officials said Monday, as state lawmakers called for legislative hearings over the massive fraud. Gov. Gavin Newsom said in a letter to several district attorneys on Tuesday that he has been “deeply alarmed” since first reports of fraud involving prisoners emerged at the San Mateo County Jail in August. He noted that a task force he announced last week began meeting Monday to coordinate a statewide investigation. The new total is nearly three times the $140 million in claim payments estimated last week by a group of nine district attorneys across California and a federal prosecutor. The local prosecutors said claims were filed with the EDD on behalf of prisoners, including San Quentin State Prison inmate Scott Peterson, who was convicted of killing his wife and unborn son, as well as Cary Stayner, who was convicted of murdering two women and two girls near Yosemite in 1999. On Monday, lawmakers including state Sen. Jim Nielsen (R-Gerber) called for legislative hearings to determine how the fraud — which included claims filed in the names of 133 inmates on death row — occurred.

LA Times

While Newsom and his shit for brains and hypocrite cronies fuss over how dangerous outdoor dining is and closes restaurants he oversees the incompetent EDD giving away millions of tax payer dollars.

Gotta love the LA Times. "improperly filed" claims, like it was some mistake on the paperwork.

To be expected.

They're hammered with claims, the people are overworked and less able to detect fraudulent claims.

In some situations it's not even worth trying--the IRS sent those $1200 checks without checking some eligibility issues because it would have taken time and probably cost more than the extra checks. Hence reports of non-citizens not in the US getting them.

Good you are in high spirits. US was in 9th place for covid deaths per million, but even posting record high daily deaths recently, y'all have slipped to number eleven. The haters just can't appreciate all your efforts to make America #1!!!!!!!

USA!
USA!
USA!
USA!

LOL, more of the same finger wagging, scolding and attempted shaming to make people conform.

Our "President"'s rallies during plague time need a special place in history books -- always with a mention that the Grand Old Party backed him, city by city. I have not seen any breakdown of covid cases by party affiliation, but if ever a group earned its right to gasp and choke with disease...

Dear oh dear, the authoritarians don’t like it when people don’t conform. It must be so frustrating for you that you wish Illness on people.

Back
Top Bottom