• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

Our "President"'s rallies during plague time need a special place in history books -- always with a mention that the Grand Old Party backed him, city by city. I have not seen any breakdown of covid cases by party affiliation, but if ever a group earned its right to gasp and choke with disease...

Dear oh dear, the authoritarians don’t like it when people don’t conform. It must be so frustrating for you that you wish Illness on people.

You are like Ed Begley, Jr. as the Invisible Man's son in that movie, whatever it was. He runs around naked, believing he's invisible, moving people's coffee cups and chess pieces around, giggling, thinking he's freaking everyone out, but he's just delusional and everyone's rolling their eyes like, ugh, it's that crazy naked guy again thinking we don't see him.

Our "President"'s rallies during plague time need a special place in history books -- always with a mention that the Grand Old Party backed him, city by city. I have not seen any breakdown of covid cases by party affiliation, but if ever a group earned its right to gasp and choke with disease...

Dear oh dear, the authoritarians don’t like it when people don’t conform. It must be so frustrating for you that you wish Illness on people.

You are like Ed Begley, Jr. as the Invisible Man's son in that movie, whatever it was. He runs around naked, believing he's invisible, moving people's coffee cups and chess pieces around, giggling, thinking he's freaking everyone out, but he's just delusional and everyone's rolling their eyes like, ugh, it's that crazy naked guy again thinking we don't see him.

The problem is, this technique actually seems to work an unfortunate amount of the time (so, more than not at all).

The problem is, this technique actually seems to work an unfortunate amount of the time (so, more than not at all).

Work to annoy people you mean? Yes, I would agree.

Good you are in high spirits. US was in 9th place for covid deaths per million, but even posting record high daily deaths recently, y'all have slipped to number eleven. The haters just can't appreciate all your efforts to make America #1!!!!!!!

USA!
USA!
USA!
USA!

LOL, more of the same finger wagging, scolding and attempted shaming to make people conform.

No. I'm just flat out making fun of you. If basic reason and a rudimentary grasp of epidemiology have eluded you thus far, what would 'finger wagging' do? I more or less just accept there are millions of people like you in the world who can't really be counted on for much of anything. I just wish you'd found a more self-contained way to demonstrate your "non-conformity" like eating Tide pods or rubber cementing your ass cheeks together.

Rural Virginia county officials pass resolution rejecting ‘tyranny’ of governor’s coronavirus restrictions

RUSTBURG, Va. – Nearly 100 people gathered in the Campbell County Board of Supervisors chamber outside Lynchburg this week, took off their face coverings and applauded an official resolution rejecting Gov. Ralph Northam’s coronavirus restrictions.

“Free people have a duty to push back against these restrictions,” County Supervisor Charlie A. Watts II said during the Tuesday night hearing. Northam’s executive orders mandating the wearing of masks during the deadly pandemic, ordering restaurants to stop serving alcohol at 10 p.m. and limiting public gatherings to 25 people or fewer are “simply not the role of government in a free society,” Watts said.

The board in this deeply red county then voted unanimously in favor of a resolution declaring Campbell a “First Amendment sanctuary” – referring to the Bill of Rights guarantee of the freedom of assembly – and ordering local authorities not to enforce the Democratic governor’s mandates.

The epidemic of stupidity is almost as dangerous as covid itself.

Those rural areas are experiencing COVID cases at double the rate of the DC metro area counties. And those rural areas are full of poor people and elderly people. New cases daily in non-metro areas are running between 70 and 100 or so and metro areas are about 37 to 50 daily.

https://covidactnow.org/us/virginia-va?s=1392371

Rep. Ocasio-Cortez urges Secretary Mnuchin to provide COVID-19 Relief - YouTube
"Even as unemployment remains high, the Trump administration is refusing to give out hundreds of millions of loans that Congress has already authorized. On Dec 2, Rep. Ocasio-Cortez pushed Secretary Mnuchin to make that capital available to small businesses and states immediately, rather than returning the money to the Treasury on Dec 31."

Victoria Guida on Twitter: "Great line of questioning from AOC to Mnuchin on how he interprets the CARES provisions on Fed lending programs, but a key question she didn’t get to is whether Treasury’s investments in the emergency facilities fall under “other investments” that can be modified after year end." / Twitter
noting
Victoria Guida on Twitter: "Some context behind this: https://t.co/0zmiyV44aV" / Twitter
noting
Trump team to yank emergency economic support, triggering public Fed dissent - POLITICO - "The Treasury secretary said the programs are no longer needed."

Then
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "Sometimes I wish we had more than 5 mins for questioning 😭" / Twitter
and
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "Do you ever replay a conversation in your head after the fact and realize something you wish you said? That happens to me all the time except with committee hearings" / Twitter
then
Jeff Cox on Twitter: "@AOC it was an interesting line of questioning. You didn't seem to press, like some of your colleagues, the point that Mnuchin is trying to hurt the economy. Do you believe that? Because he seems to be clear that he wants the money spent but not on the 13(3) programs" / Twitter
then
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "@JeffCoxCNBCcom At the point where I was up, I didn’t want to dig further on intent. If Mnuchin’s justification is based on interpretation of statute, we should zero in on his legal argument that there’s 0 room for action.

If that analysis buckles under scrutiny, there may be an opening to push https://t.co/WfeCIFdvj5" / Twitter

Katie Porter in heated exchange with Mnuchin: 'You're play-acting to be a lawyer' | TheHill
Democratic Rep. Katie Porter (Calif.) on Wednesday got into a heated conversation with Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin during a House Financial Services Committee hearing, with Porter claiming that Mnuchin was “play-acting to be a lawyer.”

Porter specifically grilled Mnuchin over his support to move $455 billion in COVID-19 relief from the Federal Reserve back into the Treasury’s general fund, making it harder for his successor to access the emergency funding.

Porter noted that under the CARES Act, any remaining funds may be moved to the Treasury only “on or after Jan. 1, 2026.”
Rep. Katie Porter on Twitter: "When I tried to read @stevenmnuchin1 the law that contradicts his bogus claim to get people less COVID relief, he questioned whether I'm a lawyer.

Just want to make sure he has the answer: one of us is a lawyer, and it's not him. https://t.co/iFYzAyflle" / Twitter

Rep. Katie Porter on Twitter: "I didn’t just fall off the turnip truck, @stevenmnuchin1. I’ve been holding Wall Street bankers and predatory lenders accountable for more than a decade. https://t.co/7f6TJpfcrd" / Twitter

Public Citizen on Twitter: "Katie Porter: I think it's ridiculous that you're play-acting to be a lawyer.

Steven Mnuchin: I have plenty of lawyers that advise me.

Katie Porter: Are you in fact a lawyer?

Mnuchin: I do not have a legal degree. https://t.co/MVwGdQk8Td" / Twitter

Good you are in high spirits. US was in 9th place for covid deaths per million, but even posting record high daily deaths recently, y'all have slipped to number eleven. The haters just can't appreciate all your efforts to make America #1!!!!!!!

USA!
USA!
USA!
USA!

LOL, more of the same finger wagging, scolding and attempted shaming to make people conform.

No. I'm just flat out making fun of you.

You’re attempts at shaming and embarrassing people are wasted.

I just wish you'd found a more self-contained way to demonstrate your "non-conformity" like eating Tide pods or rubber cementing your ass cheeks together.

How very droll.

I just wish you'd found a more self-contained way to demonstrate your "non-conformity" like eating Tide pods or rubber cementing your ass cheeks together.

No man is an island, though. It might start a trend among Qarens who think eating tide pods while their ass cheeks are rubber cemented together is a new cure for covid. Then, who is left cleaning up the mess? We are.

You mean "Amazon Women On The Moon"

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/evx_Ps85yu8[/YOUTUBE]

No. I'm just flat out making fun of you.

You’re attempts at shaming and embarrassing people are wasted.

Ha. You're really clinging to that, aren't you? Well, reality is tough so maybe I should just let you have it.

For shame ye free and noble soul For shame! Oh no! It's not working. His powers are just too great!

You mean "Amazon Women On The Moon"

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/evx_Ps85yu8[/YOUTUBE]

Yes, thank you. I was too lazy to look for it.

No man is an island, though. It might start a trend among Qarens who think eating tide pods while their ass cheeks are rubber cemented together is a new cure for covid. Then, who is left cleaning up the mess? We are.

True, there are some things you can just never underestimate.

Feh. In a time of real plague -- can you even imagine 260,000+ dead in this country in 9 months?? -- let alone what the total will be when we bring this thing to a close -- those who gleefully and wilfully spread the plague deserve no pity if they catch it.

Feh. In a time of real plague -- can you even imagine 260,000+ dead in this country in 9 months?? -- let alone what the total will be when we bring this thing to a close --

It's on a par with a particularly bad flu season. The vast, VAST majority of people that contract this virus recover largely unscathed, in fact most people never knew they had it.

those who gleefully and wilfully spread the plague deserve no pity if they catch it.

Who are these people ? Gavin Newsom maybe ? You stay away from them fella, stay safe.

Feh. In a time of real plague -- can you even imagine 260,000+ dead in this country in 9 months?? -- let alone what the total will be when we bring this thing to a close --

It's on a par with a particularly bad flu season. The vast, VAST majority of people that contract this virus recover largely unscathed, in fact most people never knew they had it.

The CDC estimates between 12,000 and 64,000 flu deaths annually since 2010, so no, not on par with a particularly bad flu season.

The CDC estimates between 12,000 and 64,000 flu deaths annually since 2010, so no, not on par with a particularly bad flu season.

Indeed, there is no other way to die now.

Non-sequitur. Cardiac disease will still top the list for causes of death in 2020, followed by cancer, then likely covid. This has nothing to do with whether or not there are other causes of death. Your ability to contextualize the number of fatalities correctly was the point of contention. It honestly wasn't that complicated.

Indeed, there is no other way to die now. Okay then, I see now that I was wrong about this. Thank you for educating me. I will have to reevaluate many of my other beliefs in this light. I will try to do better going forward.

:fixed"

Back
Top Bottom