- Nov 29, 2007
- Basic Beliefs
Are you seriously still on this bullshit. It appears Delta is as transmissible as the Measles and the vaccinated can contract it as well. Your argument was bullshit to start with, and we are seeing exactly why people should have immediately been vaccinated to prevent this from occurring. At this point, it appears everyone in the US will now get Covid-19.
Again, so what? Delta isn't going to kill anybody vaccinated. It's spread is so great by now there's no lockdowns that can stop it. If we can't stop it, then why bother slowing it down? Why not let it rip? At this point, what's the benefit to anybody if we manage to slow it down? What's your end goal here?
You seem to be engaging in a false dichotomy. Sweden, I guess, is a small place relatively. Same with Denmark. The US has 50 states. Between the extremes of "letting it rip" and lockdowns are actually letting it rip in places like Vermont and other states where vaccination rates are high. And that is what the CDC recommendation is, sort of, when they are not advocating for mask wearing of vaccinated in those regions. Now, other states, such as Arkansas have made laws to stop localities from implementing mask-wearing at all. The CDC is recommending in low vaccinated areas like Arkansas that vaccinated people ought to wear masks inside. They haven't said anything about a full-blown lockdown. It's to stop the spread and rise of deaths, new variants, and full hospitals. Who does this save potentially?
- Random people who just get it by coincidence but no longer have a spot in a hospital (or ICU);
- Yes, people who are not vaccinated because they are dumbasses;
- Children who are less than 13 who cannot be vaccinated yet;
- People with immune problems who were vaccinated but get the virus anyway;
- EVERYONE on the planet who could suffer from a newly created variant that is even more resistant to the vaccine than Delta is because you want to eliminate giant petri dishes of virus mutation.
But you are mixing apples and oranges. Letting Covid rip among unvaccinated is a problem. Letting it rip among vaccinated isn't.
At this point I know loads of vaccinated who have had the delta variant. They barely get any symptoms. If any. No long term symptoms.