• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

Watch Now: 'This is not just COVID': Domino effect backs up Oklahoma hospitals, with no relief in sight

Oklahoma actually does have a problem with beds. Ignore Rolling Stone. Pay attention to Tulsa World.

A telling quote from the article:

“I’m trying to help people understand this is not just COVID,” said Clarke, a family practitioner based in Stillwater. “This is a domino effect to every other health condition that may need a hospital bed. Everything else. Period.

“COVID — yes — is taking up room, but COVID we can prevent (with vaccination). I can’t prevent someone tomorrow from having a heart attack.”

This is an Oklahoma newspaper, apparently. Not just citing a few doctors, but hospital and medical associations. A survey is mentioned used to compute 200 less available beds. This is about covid, though, not so much horse dewormer so far as I can tell. ... which is why I say just ignore the Rolling Stone article. Clearly, there is a real issue, though, that needs to be mentioned.

A telling quote from the article:

This is an Oklahoma newspaper, apparently. Not just citing a few doctors, but hospital and medical associations. A survey is mentioned used to compute 200 less available beds. This is about covid, though, not so much horse dewormer so far as I can tell. ... which is why I say just ignore the Rolling Stone article. Clearly, there is a real issue, though, that needs to be mentioned.

It's definitely a legit article. Toward the end it mentions that if a patient is transferred out of state that their medical insurance does not cover the cost of retrieving the patient. Of course that's small potatoes compared to the cost of hospitalizing people who oppose vaccinations and other control measures.

The governor is taking the easy, low road, not doing anything to endanger his popularity with his base.

Believe it? The right-wing, libertarians, alt-right have made anything possible.

https://www.today.com/today/amp/tdna229806?__twitter_impression=true

I’m personally burning out fact checking all of the crazy bullshit coming from the right-wing.

So, you're saying [MENTION=130]ZiprHead[/MENTION]; posted some fake news because of the right wingers?
Tom

I’m saying it is nearly impossible to tell the crazy truth from a crazy lie due to the right-wing’s death spiral into insanity.

The poster alleged someone just assuming something crazy was true because they wanted it to be true. No one is wanting any of this stuff.

Believe it? The right-wing, libertarians, alt-right have made anything possible.

https://www.today.com/today/amp/tdna229806?__twitter_impression=true

I’m personally burning out fact checking all of the crazy bullshit coming from the right-wing.

So, you're saying [MENTION=130]ZiprHead[/MENTION]; posted some fake news because of the right wingers?
Tom

I’m saying it is nearly impossible to tell the crazy truth from a crazy lie due to the right-wing’s death spiral into insanity.

The poster alleged someone just assuming something crazy was true because they wanted it to be true. No one is wanting any of this stuff.

Do you think it's only right wingers?
I don't. I think that the lefty extremists are just as damaging.

It's political extremism and partisanship that is the problem, not which flavor of extremism.
Tom

Reactions: WAB

Do you think it's only right wingers?
I don't. I think that the lefty extremists are just as damaging.

It's political extremism and partisanship that is the problem, not which flavor of extremism.
Tom

No.

The dichotomy is not left vs right.

The dichotomy is democracy vs authoritarianism.

If you support democracy you support freedom.

If you support some form of authoritarianism you support servitude.

This is about covid, though, not so much horse dewormer so far as I can tell. ...

Unfortunately horse dewormer and COVID are far from mutually exclusive.

“Horse dewormer.” Just extraordinary ignorance.

What A Difference A Drug Makes In The Fight Against River Blindness

You do realize that the illnesses Ivermectrin treats aren't viral infections? Not even related? Ivermectrin treats parasitic skin infestations, which is completely different from C19?
Tom

Extraordinary ignorance? The kind that confuses parasitic infestations with viral infections?
Tom

WTF is going on here? There are plenty of studies regarding the effectiveness, or not, of ivermectin with Covid. I don’t have a strong opinion either way. But this contagious stupidity that ivermectin doesn’t have antiviral properties is bewildering. Here’s one on the use of ivermectin and dengue virus: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30452439/. So yes, extraordinary ignorance. It’s not like this information is hidden and unavailable from public view.

Extraordinary ignorance? The kind that confuses parasitic infestations with viral infections?
Tom

WTF is going on here? There are plenty of studies regarding the effectiveness, or not, of ivermectin with Covid. I don’t have a strong opinion either way. But this contagious stupidity that ivermectin doesn’t have antiviral properties is bewildering. Here’s one on the use of ivermectin and dengue virus: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30452439/. So yes, extraordinary ignorance. It’s not like this information is hidden and unavailable from public view.

Do you think front line doctors are lying to us?

None are recommending or using ivermectin.

I work as a physical therapist in a hospital now filled with anti-vaxxers dying of COVID. I treated 5 people today with COVID. A 28 year old man that can't lift his arms because he spent a week on a vent. I am also a pharmacist. No patient in my hospital that I have seen has been prescribed ivermectin.

Mechanism of action

Ivermectin and its related drugs act by interfering with nerve and muscle function of helminths and insects. The drug binds to glutamate-gated chloride channels that are common to invertebrate nerve and muscle cells. Ivermectin binding pushes these channels open, increasing the flow of chloride ions and hyper-polarizing the cell membranes. This hyperpolarization paralyzes the affected tissue, eventually killing the invertebrate. In mammals, ivermectin cannot cross the blood-brain barrier and so it does not make it to the brain.

The drug has no mechanism of action against viruses.

Tom

They used it on infected mosquitos and it reduced the infection rate by as much as 49.63%. That was not the average, that was the best result they could achieve. So the best they could get was a reduction in disease which was less than 50% using it on mosquitos, not on people or lab rats or animals.

Now any sane, rational, unbiased, person of average intelligence and curiosity would look at that study, not at Trausti's asinine claim that it is an effective antiviral, and conclude that it is not in any way an effective, tested antiviral that I should dose myself with.

The same is true for people using bleach, even though we know that disease can be reduced by using bleach, making it also an effective antiviral.

And this is why people are using bleach and ivermectin on themselves, because of claims made by people like Trausti.

So, extraordinary ignorance? You bet, but with a generous helping of extraordinary fraud and sleaze.

They used it on infected mosquitos and it reduced the infection rate by as much as 49.63%. That was not the average, that was the best result they could achieve. So the best they could get was a reduction in disease which was less than 50% using it on mosquitos, not on people or lab rats or animals.

Now any sane, rational, unbiased, person of average intelligence and curiosity would look at that study, not at Trausti's asinine claim that it is an effective antiviral, and conclude that it is not in any way an effective, tested antiviral that I should dose myself with.

The same is true for people using bleach, even though we know that disease can be reduced by using bleach, making it also an effective antiviral.

And this is why people are using bleach and ivermectin on themselves, because of claims made by people like Trausti.

So, extraordinary ignorance? You bet, but with a generous helping of extraordinary fraud and sleaze.

That’s all quite correct. Lots of things are “anti-viral”.
Most of them kill people too, if ingested in amounts sufficient to suppress an infection.
Probably safer to shove a big ‘ol UV light up your butt.

That’s all quite correct. Lots of things are “anti-viral”.
Most of them kill people too, if ingested in amounts sufficient to suppress an infection.
Probably safer to shove a big ‘ol UV light up your butt.

I'm sure a blow torch beats everything. Kills the shit out of a virus. It's one hell of an effective antiviral strategy.

https://en.radiofarda.com/a/drink-c...rus-prophetic-medicine-man-says/30565663.html

An Iranian man calling himself an Islamic prophetic medicine healer has prescribed drinking camel urine to prevent and cure COVID-19.
In a video now widely shared on social media Mehdi Sabili who is also the chairman of prophetic medicine society treats himself to camel urine and says it must be taken "fresh and warm".
...In June 2015 the World Health Organization (WHO) said camel urine could be deadly and urged people to avoid drinking camel urine. Camel urine has been linked with Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS) which is also known as Camel Flu.

Yessiree! A nice tall glass of fresh warm, camel urine will cure your covid-19 infection!

“Ivermectin overdose" victims traced back to frat party where famed bartender Haven Monahan slipped them mickeys laced with horse dewormer.

Back
Top Bottom