• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

Our animal brain prejudices and infantile reflexes to be hijacked, the hijacker can insert any story at all. Any fucking cartoon narrative fed into it will be asserted and defended as long as it is based in some variation of "they're out to take your freedoms/property/speech/children..." etc. Our white males, particularly younger ones, and some of the women who love them, have no way of discerning what's true or false or right or wrong. Their frontal lobes have been converted into after-the-fact belief justification centers.

"Infantile reflexes" ... an apt phrase. A 1905 Supreme Court ruling gave states the authority to issue vaccine mandates. Why is it a big deal now? Because whiny racists had to put up with a black president, and briefly got payback in the form of a racist President. Then, when the racist President lost re-election, infantile reflexes went into overdrive. Starting with the failed and disgraced President, tantrums of lying, crying, cheating and stealing became standard procedure, for both himself, his lemmings and the rotten core of the Republican Party.

Jan 6 was a microcosm of Trump's reign. 140 officers injured, one dead, central symbol of democratic process trashed, constitutional process interrupted...
On a macro scale, the numbers he accomplished were Far more impressive. Something like a half million dead, 30 million injured (from COVID alone) - and those numbers are almost certainly under-counted. Every Constitutional process and institution has been corrupted, sabotaged and set back decades, for the sole purpose of keeping (now, kicking) Democrats out of power so Republicans can get back to raiding the Treasury.
Infantile reflexes run amok.
It's fucking shameful.

It will be interesting to see what happens at the next scheduled mass violence tantrum on the 18th...

"They forced me to look after my health because I was too stupid to do it for myself! The fascists!"

More like "They forced me to stop putting other people's health at risk because I'm too selfish and stupid to do it on my own"

That is a side consequence but a direct consequence is the individual is safer.

"They forced me to look after my health because I was too stupid to do it for myself! The fascists!"

More like "They forced me to stop putting other people's health at risk because I'm too selfish and stupid to do it on my own"

That is a side consequence but a direct consequence is the individual is safer.

In this case the "side consequence" (if you want to call it that) is the more important, by orders of magnitude.

Wrong.

Jacobson v. Massachusetts

Jacobson v. Massachusetts, 197 U.S. 11 (1905), was a United States Supreme Court case in which the Court upheld the authority of states to enforce compulsory vaccination laws. The Court's decision articulated the view that individual liberty is not absolute and is subject to the police power of the state.

Are you not aware of the distinction between the states and the federal government? Police/health power has pretty much always been state power.

Wrong.

Jacobson v. Massachusetts

Jacobson v. Massachusetts, 197 U.S. 11 (1905), was a United States Supreme Court case in which the Court upheld the authority of states to enforce compulsory vaccination laws. The Court's decision articulated the view that individual liberty is not absolute and is subject to the police power of the state.

Are you not aware of the distinction between the states and the federal government? Police/health power has pretty much always been state power.

So you are saying those mask mandates are all constitutional.

Um, if we paradoxically have to protect the vaccinated from the unvaccinated - as amnesia Joe scolded us - then protection from the unhealthy is a must, as their poor body habitus permits the virus to spread.

Do you have evidence that unfit people actually spread the virus more, or just that unfit people with comorbidities themselves have worse reactions (including death) to the virus?

Besides, correlation isn’t causation. It could just be that the countries that have higher obesity rates also have higher rates of people who are refusing vaccines.

It *is* interesting that the same people who complain about the unknown (likely nonexistent) long term effects of the vaccine are many of the same people who should definitely concern themselves with the known long term health effects of obesity and high cholesterol.

Being overweight can be seen as a measure of complacency. Maybe complacency accounts for both obesity and vaccine refuseniks. So indirectly, perhaps obesity correlates with virus spread, if indeed there are more obese persons around. But I don't think an individual having a high BMI makes them more infectious. That sounds kinda silly actually.

As silly as saying we need to protect the vaccinated from the unvaccinated?

Maybe Republicans would have thought it better if Biden said anyone could just sue an unvaccinated person for $10k. Now that’s a rule I’m sure they could really get behind.

Maybe Republicans would have thought it better if Biden said anyone could just sue an unvaccinated person for $10k. Now that’s a rule I’m sure they could really get behind.

An unvaccinated person who exposed anyone.

Which constitution? State or federal?

All those mask mandates, you know, the state mandates. All the ones that are then federally constitutional.

There is federal power and there is state power. Federal power to require masks only extends to federal buildings / regulated areas. There is no federal power to mandate these things to the public or private business. Isn't that right, Jen?

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwvQfjXpj7M[/YOUTUBE]

It really must drive the covidiots nuts that Rogan went from positive to negative in like a week.

Who cares.

Cry more.

alex-jones-joe-rogan-interview-4-million-views-1200x630.jpg

I forgot, government isn't government when you agree with it.

Are you suggesting that the government forcing people to consume a private product or lose liberty is fascism??? When has the definition of fascism ever meant the marriage of corporation and state?

Seems to me it's the ones who have to quarantine after being exposed to a plague rat are the ones losing their liberty.

You have a very interesting imagination. Joe Rogan has a history of getting people to eat weird shit. I watched a few episodes of Fear Factor years ago, so I know. After that, I stopped paying attention to the guy. In your mind, your hero annoys me. But as I stated, I don't care, don't follow the guy. Now in some twisted episode of TDS, you are imagining me crying. Dude, I still don't care about Joe Rogan.

Back
Top Bottom