• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

Stories I read said he usually wore a mask.

His Twitter feed was filled with recent pics posted by his campaign of him proudly maskless including coming out of the courthouse after voting in the Primaries and with elderly vets on Nov 11. They've now locked his twitter feed, but all the below photos were published by media from campaign events in Oct and Nov

37393814-9097681-Luke_Letlow_is_pictured_campaigning_mask_less_on_October_30th-a-11_1609301698981.jpg

37413802-9097681-image-a-57_1609343449243.jpg

37415786-9097681-image-a-77_1609345891528.jpg

37394098-9097681-Luke_Letlow_pictured_campaigning_mask_less_on_October_9th-a-8_1609330413882.jpg

37414900-9097681-image-a-73_1609344778019.jpg

More than likely he had at least one underlying health condition. He may not have been aware he had a condition.

He did. He had a severe case of raging anti-science stupidity, which is a standard symptom of the brain crippling disease called conservatism. It led him to go all over the state interacting with thousands of people while maskless.

There should be some kind of special election rule that if you die of your political positions, the other party's candidate should automatically take office.

Stories I read said he usually wore a mask.

His Twitter feed was filled with recent pics posted by his campaign of him proudly maskless including coming out of the courthouse after voting in the Primaries and with elderly vets on Nov 11. They've now locked his twitter feed, but all the below photos were published by media from campaign events in Oct and Nov

37393814-9097681-Luke_Letlow_is_pictured_campaigning_mask_less_on_October_30th-a-11_1609301698981.jpg

37413802-9097681-image-a-57_1609343449243.jpg

37415786-9097681-image-a-77_1609345891528.jpg

37394098-9097681-Luke_Letlow_pictured_campaigning_mask_less_on_October_9th-a-8_1609330413882.jpg

37414900-9097681-image-a-73_1609344778019.jpg

I wonder how many other of these people won't be with us in a few weeks...

More than likely he had at least one underlying health condition. He may not have been aware he had a condition.

I hope you have scuba gear or you're going to drown in that Egyptian river.

Remember, dose matters--being heavily exposed means you'll get a more severe case. That's why this has killed so many doctors.

Meanwhile, Florida continues to be fucking Florida.

article said:
In southwest Florida, the Lee County Department of Health encouraged anyone 65 and older and high-risk frontline health care workers to come to one of seven vaccination sites. Each site had just 300 vaccine doses, and "no appointment is necessary," the county said.

The first-come, first-serve plan led to huge lines forming overnight Tuesday as people camped out on lawn chairs and waited for hours.
GLOB!!!
article said:
In Orange County, the department of health set up an online portal to make vaccination appointments, and 30,000 appointments were scheduled in the last 24 hours. The county then said it reached capacity and closed its online portal on Wednesday.
A better plan, but still, it seems like there was no real idea how to go about this from the Federal or State level (at least in Florida).

Wisconsin Hospital Worker Fired For Deliberately Spoiling COVID-19 Vaccine

GRAFTON, Wis. (AP) — A Wisconsin health system said Wednesday that 500 doses of coronavirus vaccine that had to be discarded after they were left unrefrigerated now appear to have been deliberately spoiled by an employee.

No word on the motive yet. I’m thinking within a week we will hear how the person was a Qannon believer.

I read that early this morning. I wondered if this was done by a crazy anti vaccine advocate. I've known nurses who believed that vaccines were dangerous. I also read that a nurse in a small hospital claimed that only 20% of her fellow nurses were agreeing to take the COVID vaccine. So, it might have just been someone like that, who thought they were saving lives by destroying vaccines. You do realize that idiocracy has come to American, don't you. Otherwise, how do you explain the Trump cult?

Oh no, people making their own decisions and enjoying themselves in Florida !

It's been a holiday week unlike any other due to the coronavirus pandemic. However, Central Florida's theme parks are still doing big business. For two days in a row, Universal Orlando hit its lowered capacity. Orlando Universal they reached capacity Sunday and Monday before noon.

News

This is not going to go down well with the authoritarians.

Oh no, people making their own decisions and enjoying themselves in Florida !

It's been a holiday week unlike any other due to the coronavirus pandemic. However, Central Florida's theme parks are still doing big business. For two days in a row, Universal Orlando hit its lowered capacity. Orlando Universal they reached capacity Sunday and Monday before noon.

News

This is not going to go down well with the authoritarians.

You mean rational, science believing people?

Wisconsin Hospital Worker Fired For Deliberately Spoiling COVID-19 Vaccine

GRAFTON, Wis. (AP) — A Wisconsin health system said Wednesday that 500 doses of coronavirus vaccine that had to be discarded after they were left unrefrigerated now appear to have been deliberately spoiled by an employee.

No word on the motive yet. I’m thinking within a week we will hear how the person was a Qannon believer.

The pharmacist was charged with three crimes.

First Degree Recklessly Endangering Safety (Class F felony)
Adulterating a Prescription Drug (Class H felony)
Criminal Damage to Property (Class I felony). H

https://patch.com/wisconsin/across-wi/grafton-pharmacist-arrested-coronavirus-vaccine-incident?fbclid=IwAR1gg0dzBMpi1jbot7e23F4KJJxFFphJpTnZxrtbFoOzxoTWKiTr3vuwViM

Stock market ends year at record levels - The Washington Post
The S&P 500-stock index, the most widely watched gauge, is finishing the year up more than 16 percent. The Dow Jones industrial average and the tech-heavy Nasdaq gained 7.25 percent and 43.6 percent, respectively. The Dow and S&P 500 finished at record levels despite the public health and economic crises.

Wall Street’s resurgence has been fueled by the largest federal government stimulus ever, historic support from the Federal Reserve and optimism about how quickly the economy is likely to bounce back next year as coronavirus vaccines become widely distributed. Investors have largely ignored the pain on Main Street, including pronounced unemployment, overrun hospitals and battered small businesses. On the eve of the new year, nearly 20 million people remained on unemployment, a jobs crisis worse than during the Great Recession.
Michelle Singletary on Twitter: "The tale of two Americas. The S&P 500 gained more than 16 percent in 2020 in a year of steep job losses and widespread financial pain https://t.co/n2JvgwrZL4" / Twitter

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "When you short sell a country" / Twitter

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "Before the “well actually” finance bros start, this tweet is a rhetorical device known as sarcasm" / Twitter

Back
Top Bottom