• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

There was no science to support any of the lockdown measures.
That explains why our state (which went into a genuine full lockdown, rather than your country's half-arsed shit), had a total of seven fatalities prior to the lifting of restrictions once the vaccine had been distributed.

This has been shown to you before:
South Carolina population: 5.15million
Queensland population: 5.19million

Total South Carolina Covid deaths to 7 January 2022: 14,741
Total Queensland Covid deaths to 7 January 2022: 7

Queensland ended their lockdown at Christmas.

Between 8 January and 15 January, 22 Queenslanders died from Covid. That's more than three times as many in a week without lockdown as in two years with lockdown.

How much fucking clearer could the evidence be?

That was a direct reply to a post of yours, made on January 17, 2022 - so you've had no excuse for your demonstrably false belief for a year and three quarters now.

How much longer are you going to make a clown of yourself for on this topic?

I know you are wrong; I know that YOU know you are wrong. Who do you think you are kidding (apart from yourself) with this insane refusal to see the evidence when your nose is being rubbed in it?

Lockdowns clearly had a small (two thousand fold) impact on fatality rates.

"No science" my hairy backside.

Freedom!
This has a whiff of Jussie Smollett BS about it.
You don't realize how deranged your fellow Republicans can be.
Yup, my brother was attacked by a crazed republican at a gas station.

A Stanford doctor silenced for challenging Biden administration lockdown policies said the government infringed on his first amendment rights. A federal court ruled earlier this month that the Biden Administration coerced social media sites to censor him and other dissenters who wrote a controversial petition that criticized government efforts to shut down the economy, including schools. Dr Jay Bhattacharya, an epidemiologist and health policy researcher said the ruling was ‘akin to the second Enlightenment’.
nd Facebook accounts were scrubbed and removed from Google results during the pandemic. The Louisiana appeals court that heard the case determined that the Biden administration wrongfully pressured social media companies to silence critics
Daily Mail

Not only about Covid but Hunter's laptop. Disgraceful

It is a victory for free speech. Meanwhile social media companies are rightfully still free to remove content that they believe violates their terms of service. Neither of which confirms the veracity of the Barrington Declaration that the Biden Administration asserted a pressure campaign against. The article also said nothing about Hunter's laptop.

People wear masks for dust and pollen. They may be seen stupidly wearing them outside and on their own. You might leave a mask on in you car while running errands because you don’t want to constantly be touching it to take it on and off. Friend with bronchiectasis was doing that with masks well before Covid. But she’s stupid and knows nothing about minimizing respiratory discomfort, irritation, and illness.

Sure, Jan.
@scombrid explained rather clearly why some people do things you prefer not to do. And that's your best comeback?
Kinda makes you look like an idiot, IMNSHO.
I hated wearing masks. I took it off at the first safe opportunity. But I kept it on when infection risk was higher. Even though I hated doing so, I cared enough about the people around me to be careful.
Tom

Boo, hiss! Just got back from a doctor's appointment. The hospital did not have the new covid vaccine yet. I was amazed how many people there were not wearing masks.

Got the latest Covid vacc a few days ago. My arm was sore for a few days. And, I just feel tired all the time. Maybe just my age.

I got my COVID and flu at the same time. Was running a mild fever for a few hours last night, probably from the flu vaccine, and both arms are a little sore, but otherwise no issues.

Nationwide lockdowns in the UK during the pandemic were a “failure” of public health policy as they were not considered a last resort, an epidemiology expert has said.

Giving evidence at the Covid-19 public inquiry on Monday, Prof Mark Woolhouse of the University of Edinburgh – a member of the Scientific Pandemic Influenza Group on Modelling (SPI-M-O) – said the group failed to adequately assess the negative consequences of a nationwide lockdown.

Teh Gruaniad

Never again.

Nationwide lockdowns in the UK during the pandemic were a “failure” of public health policy as they were not considered a last resort, an epidemiology expert has said.

Giving evidence at the Covid-19 public inquiry on Monday, Prof Mark Woolhouse of the University of Edinburgh – a member of the Scientific Pandemic Influenza Group on Modelling (SPI-M-O) – said the group failed to adequately assess the negative consequences of a nationwide lockdown.

Teh Gruaniad

Never again.
That's a phrase associated with the holocaust. Quarantine to save lives and preserve the health care system isn't the holocaust.

Back
Top Bottom