• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

Patooka, ask somebody on the philosophy forum if your reasoning was sound.
I will. 3 weeks after I get a blowjob from a unicorn. Which I suspect will happen 6 weeks after Hell freezes over.

Or to put it another way - no.

Why would letting someone else wear a mask mean TSwizzle wasn't 'sticking to his principles'?
Do a search, and count the amount of time TSwizzle has said masks are ineffective.
That does not answer my question.

Saying "I refuse to wear a mask because they are ineffective" does not conflict with allowing other people to wear or not wear masks as they please.

Indeed, if TSwizzle did as you asked, it would be hypocrisy. It would be an authoritarian demand to impose his preferences on others.
You’re missing the point: I would expect TSwizzle or any person who is even moderately competent to be quite upset if their dentist and/or dental hygienist started to perform work on them without wearing a mask. It would be unsafe for both patient and health care workers. It is unlikely that TSwizzle would suggest much less insist or even accept that dental procedures be performed under such conditions.
No. You are missing the point. Patooka made an inference that did not follow from TSwizzle's stated comments. He was using bad reasoning solely in order to attack TSwizzle.
No, he was arguing against TSwizzle's anti-masking posts.

Only an absolute idiot would want any dental hygienist or dentist to perform an exam or procedures unless they were properly masked and gloved. I don't often agree with TSwizzle but I don't think he's an idiot and I DO think that he'd balk at being examined by dental care providers who are not masked.
Completely and totally irrelevant. TSwizzle may or may not think forced masking in dental situations is warranted. That is logically separate from forced masking for the general public in the COVID context. They're different contexts.

So, there is nothing inconsistent with TSwizzle saying "I want my dentist to be masked when he works on me" and "I detest the authoritarian mask prescriptions they are putting on the general public."

Much the less did Patooka's claim - that for TSwizzle to be 'consistent', he must insist on an authoritarian removal of masks from others who are wearing them - have any merit at all.

I'm sorry you and Patooka don't understand your faulty reasoning.
My reasoning isn't faulty. It appears that TSwizzle believes he can dictate public policy and he is happy to enjoy the protections public policy provides him in medical situations.

This shows that the science the lockdown authoritarians were following was entirely made up;

A study of nearly 30,000 people has found asymptomatic carriers are about 68 per cent less likely to pass the virus on than those who get sick.

No10 used concerns about asymptomatic spread to justify forcing Britons to obey lockdowns and wear masks.

They were thought to account for up to a third of all infections and many scientists claimed asymptomatic patients were just as infectious as the sick. But a new global study spanning 42 countries, including the UK and US, found they were only responsible for as little as 14 per cent of cases.

Daily Mail
Oh, well, the Daily Mail. Not the best source for medical information.
Says you.

Also totally neglects to mention that the newest variants are much more highly contagious than the original highly contagious version of COVID19.

It’s a study on a Covid-19 not other variants. I suspect you know this.
This would explain, at least in part, why previously effective measures are not as effective in NZ and other places with strict mandates.
This also explains that none of the draconian lockdown measures work.
68% less likely is not nearly the same thing as 100% less likely or not at all likely. Asymptomatic spread is real, even if degree of illness is to some extent dependent upon viral load and even if likelihood of infecting others is dependent upon viral load.

Being symptom free does not mean you are unable to spread COVID19.

So what? Stay home if you are scared. The vast majority of us are getting on with things and not cooperating with the bullshit any longer.

Why would letting someone else wear a mask mean TSwizzle wasn't 'sticking to his principles'?
Do a search, and count the amount of time TSwizzle has said masks are ineffective.

Saying "I refuse to wear a mask because they are ineffective" does not conflict with allowing other people to wear or not wear masks as they please.

Indeed, if TSwizzle did as you asked, it would be hypocrisy. It would be an authoritarian demand to impose his preferences on others.
You’re missing the point: I would expect TSwizzle or any person who is even moderately competent to be quite upset if their dentist and/or dental hygienist started to perform work on them without wearing a mask. It would be unsafe for both patient and health care workers. It is unlikely that TSwizzle would suggest much less insist or even accept that dental procedures be performed under such conditions.
No. You are missing the point. Patooka made an inference that did not follow from TSwizzle's stated comments. He was using bad reasoning solely in order to attack TSwizzle.

Only an absolute idiot would want any dental hygienist or dentist to perform an exam or procedures unless they were properly masked and gloved. I don't often agree with TSwizzle but I don't think he's an idiot and I DO think that he'd balk at being examined by dental care providers who are not masked.
Completely and totally irrelevant. TSwizzle may or may not think forced masking in dental situations is warranted. That is logically separate from forced masking for the general public in the COVID context. They're different contexts.

So, there is nothing inconsistent with TSwizzle saying "I want my dentist to be masked when he works on me" and "I detest the authoritarian mask prescriptions they are putting on the general public."

Much the less did Patooka's claim - that for TSwizzle to be 'consistent', he must insist on an authoritarian removal of masks from others who are wearing them - have any merit at all.

My reasoning isn't faulty. It appears that TSwizzle believes he can dictate public policy and he is happy to enjoy the protections public policy provides him in medical situations.
Where did TSwizzle claim he wanted to 'dictate' public policy? What makes you think surgeons are forced to wear masks in surgeries by 'public policy' and not internal policy?

What makes you think that refusing to wear a mask in situations you disagree with somehow means you must simultaneously rip the masks off other people?

I'm sorry you don't wish to improve your reasoning.
I learned a long time ago some cunts can't be reasoned with. They'll pretend and say the right words but in the end, they're just cunts. I think they are called "Debate Lords" nowadays.

Doesn't matter. They can go and get fucked. That simple.
Yes. I agree that "some cunts can't be reasoned with".

Where did TSwizzle claim he wanted to 'dictate' public policy? What makes you think surgeons are forced to wear masks in surgeries by 'public policy' and not internal policy?

What makes you think that refusing to wear a mask in situations you disagree with somehow means you must simultaneously rip the masks off other people?
Who said anything about ripping masks off of other people?

In the US, there is indeed public health regulations that require precautions to be taken by medical personnel. Medical facilities may impose more precautions but they cannot do less.

I'm sorry you don't wish to improve your reasoning.
I learned a long time ago some cunts can't be reasoned with. They'll pretend and say the right words but in the end, they're just cunts. I think they are called "Debate Lords" nowadays.

Doesn't matter. They can go and get fucked. That simple.
Yes. I agree that "some cunts can't be reasoned with".
I think it's the dicks that are irrational.

Patooka claimed that for TSwizzle to be 'consistent', he should insist his surgeon not wear a mask. That does not follow from TSwizzle's statements.

In the US, there is indeed public health regulations that require precautions to be taken by medical personnel. Medical facilities may impose more precautions but they cannot do less.
So, why would TSwizzle ask his surgeon to not wear a mask during surgery? The surgeon wearing a mask during surgery doesn't impose on TSwizzle. In any case, it does not follow that because TSwizzle doesn't want to wear a mask, that he wants to stop other people wearing a mask.

Patooka claimed that for TSwizzle to be 'consistent', he should insist his surgeon not wear a mask. That does not follow from TSwizzle's statements.

So, why would TSwizzle ask his surgeon to not wear a mask during surgery? The surgeon wearing a mask during surgery doesn't impose on TSwizzle. In any case, it does not follow that because TSwizzle doesn't want to wear a mask, that he wants to stop other people wearing a mask.
It's obvious that TSwizzle wants and depends upon others to do what is needed to protect him and his health and does not care to reciprocate.

This above is just silly. TS has repeatedly claimed masks don't work and has gone on tirades against mandatory mask mandates. A surgeon wearing a mask is because of mandatory mask mandates.

200w.gif

Joe Biden has Covid. He's fully vaxed and boosted, showing mild symptoms. Being treated with Paxlovid.

Joe Biden has Covid. He's fully vaxed and boosted, showing mild symptoms. Being treated with Paxlovid.
Oh great. Now he'll be even harder to understand.
Hey, I love Joe, think he's a very fine person.
Wish we had a President who could fire the right (left) people up.

It's obvious that TSwizzle wants and depends upon others to do what is needed to protect him and his health and does not care to reciprocate.

TS has repeatedly claimed masks don't work and has gone on tirades against mandatory mask mandates. A surgeon wearing a mask is because of mandatory mask mandates.
This kind of mischaracterization is annoying and not too honest.

TSwizzle has claimed that public masking is useless against C19. I disagree, but that's what he's said. That's not the same as having standards in other sorts of situations like dentists and surgeons.

It's like having different standards for rest and alcohol intake concerning passenger jet pilots and grocery store cashiers. It's not hypocritical, it's recognizing the reality of risk levels.
Tom

TS has repeatedly claimed masks don't work and has gone on tirades against mandatory mask mandates. A surgeon wearing a mask is because of mandatory mask mandates.
This kind of mischaracterization is annoying and not too honest.

TSwizzle has claimed that public masking is useless against C19. I disagree, but that's what he's said. That's not the same as having standards in other sorts of situations like dentists and surgeons.

It's like having different standards for rest and alcohol intake concerning passenger jet pilots and grocery store cashiers. It's not hypocritical, it's recognizing the reality of risk levels.
Tom
Can you point to a TS comment in line with your interpretation? Just one, please.

Brandon has tested positive for covid. Let’s hope it’s nothing serious. Harris is a idiot altogether.

Great. He announced yesterday that he has cancer, and now Covid. This is grim. On the bright side, we may soon get our first half black-half Indian female POTUS!

Back
Top Bottom