• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

All time record deaths per day and infections per day in Russia. And one woman who thought if she gets infected from someone with mild case of Covid she would have mild case as well. She purposely infected herself and her children. Husband too. She is dead now from Covid.

Good riddance to their tasteless fries, interminable drive thrus, and their obnoxious packaging with preachy bible verses.

I enjoy an In and Out burger now and again. The fries are really quite good too. The one near me is always really busy. It's the only place I ever buy takeout hamburger.

Nothing against the burgers or shakes. I just find that fresh made fries are, it turns out, inferior to McD's chemically infused grease sticks. Best bet is to get in their drive thru line and order McD fries through Doordash and it should be delivered to you before you reach the window.

Colin Powell has died.

He was 84, and was vaccinated.

also sufferign from and being treated for multiple mylenoma--both the disease and the treatment seriously compromise your immune system. When was Powell fully vaxxed, and had he received a booster shot? My brother in his mid-60s has multiple mylenoma, was fully vaxxed in the spring, and was slotted by his doc for a booster in September.

Good riddance to their tasteless fries, interminable drive thrus, and their obnoxious packaging with preachy bible verses.

I enjoy an In and Out burger now and again. The fries are really quite good too. The one near me is always really busy. It's the only place I ever buy takeout hamburger.

Nice, a tolerant atheist--doesn't let paying for the spread of Bible verses get in the way of the non-Michelle-Obama-approved food they like. Yum yum. I wonder is their food in and quickly out?

Good grief;

GPs in England are threatening industrial action in protest at the government’s attempt to force them to see any patient who wants a face-to-face appointment. The British Medical Association’s GPs committee voted unanimously to reject the plan by the health secretary, Sajid Javid, which included “naming and shaming” surgeries that see too few patients in person. Dr Judah Eastwell, a GP at St Johns medical centre in Altrincham, UK, consults a patient via a video link to their home. The doctors’ union has decided to hold a ballot on possible industrial action, which could result in family doctors at the 6,600 practices in England reducing the work they undertake.

Teh Grauniad

Face to face meeting with patients is just too much to ask these heroes I guess.

I wish it was here. I still get sidelong looks and snarky remarks when I go out masked.

Ruth

Yeah, I ignore that kind of thing, just like I ignored the overheard remark about 'why didn't she get vaxxed?' Of course I did but not enough people did and while I did go out without a mask for...maybe 2 months, I still restricted my forays into uncrowded spaces and off hours. And continue to do so now that I'm masking again.

All time record deaths per day and infections per day in Russia. And one woman who thought if she gets infected from someone with mild case of Covid she would have mild case as well. She purposely infected herself and her children. Husband too. She is dead now from Covid.

I'll eat your galaxy.

Okay, so we got a memo at work. As a government contractor, we're accountable for the government's mandate. Employees will be vaccinated by 8 Dec or provide a well-documented exception. If you're not fully vaccinated by 8 Dec 2021, you will get one month unpaid leave to get jabbed (and the post-jab period needed), or you'll be terminated.

Boss' boss held a meeting to 'answer' questions.
First question thrown out, 'Why is this company giving in to a government demand?'

We're General Dynamics Mission Systems. We make weapon systems. We tried to expand out of purely government contracts and failed. The government is our only customer. If we don't cooperate with the mandate, we lose the contracts and we don't get paid and everyone gets laid off. Seems pretty fucking obvious.

I really thought we were at least THAT smart...

I'll eat your galaxy.
what does it mean?

Meanwhile both records were broken today again.

Okay, so we got a memo at work. As a government contractor, we're accountable for the government's mandate. Employees will be vaccinated by 8 Dec or provide a well-documented exception. If you're not fully vaccinated by 8 Dec 2021, you will get one month unpaid leave to get jabbed (and the post-jab period needed), or you'll be terminated.

Boss' boss held a meeting to 'answer' questions.
First question thrown out, 'Why is this company giving in to a government demand?'

We're General Dynamics Mission Systems. We make weapon systems. We tried to expand out of purely government contracts and failed. The government is our only customer. If we don't cooperate with the mandate, we lose the contracts and we don't get paid and everyone gets laid off. Seems pretty fucking obvious.

I really thought we were at least THAT smart...
The explanation is complacency. When people have things for a long time they start to believe they'll always have those things. They forget why they're coming to work and who they're working for.

The explanation is complacency. When people have things for a long time they start to believe they'll always have those things. They forget why they're coming to work and who they're working for.
Neat trick, some of these are people who deal with the customer directly (obviously not the engineers), and talk about the government demands, how to meet the government demands, or which government rep they hope reviews their project.
Plus, the whole damned BUILDING is Government property we rent from Special Projects. It's a mind numbing trick of amnesia to ignore our involvement with, dependency on, the government. There are people in military uniform walking through the halls and attending meetings, asking (admittedly stupid) questions....
Of course, these are the people that were surprised they could not play Pokémon Go inside the plant, and kept saying, "Well, it's not like we're actually using the cameras on the phones!"

Gods, i hate humans sometimes.

CDC signs off on Moderna and Johnson & Johnson boosters and says people can get a shot different from their original one - The Washington Post - "The decision means that those eligible for boosters can choose any of the three now authorized in the United States"
“The evidence shows that all three COVID-19 vaccines authorized in the United States are safe — as demonstrated by the over 400 million vaccine doses already given,” Walensky said in a statement Thursday night, several hours after receiving unanimous recommendations from the expert panel, called the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices. “And, they are all highly effective in reducing the risk of severe disease, hospitalization, and death, even in the midst of the widely circulating delta variant.”

“I agree that those who received a [Johnson & Johnson] vaccine should receive a second dose — I would prefer that those individuals get an mRNA vaccine” rather than a second Johnson & Johnson shot, said advisory panel member Pablo J. Sanchez, a pediatrician at Ohio State University.

Noting nCoV_template_PPT_GEN_PUB - 12-COVID-Reddy-508.pdf at the CDC

Saying that one should receive if one is is >= 65 years old, >= 18 years old and residing in some long-term care facility, or 50 - 64 years old with certain medical conditions

One may receive it if one is 18 - 49 years old with certain medical conditions, or 18 - 64 years old at greater risk of the disease from one's workplace

In general, one should get the same booster shot as one's original shots.

They have opened up booster shots to everyone over 18 who got the J&J originally. My son got that one in March as it was the only one available locally at that time, and he got the Moderna booster today. He was very pleased.

Ruth

Minimum ages:
  • Pfizer: 12
  • Moderna: 18
  • J&J: 18
Pfizer was recently approved for ages 12 - 18, and Moderna and J&J are still in testing for that age range. Pfizer and Moderna are currently being tested for ages 5 - 12.

Back
Top Bottom