• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

Was it covid all along?
I think so. the fact that I made a booster shot right after I got infected was just an unfortunate coincidence.
In reality I had been planning to make booster shot when my sister visited me (unannounced, don't ask why).
So I got shot when she left.

This whistleblower discussion regarding the Pfizer covid-19 vaccine in the British Medical Journal is worth a read

Covid-19: Researcher blows the whistle on data integrity issues in Pfizer’s vaccine trial​

Fact Check-Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine does not contain luciferin or luciferase

The novel coronavirus vaccine manufactured by Moderna does not contain luciferin, an organic compound involved in bioluminescence, or the enzyme luciferase, contrary to claims on social media. While luciferase was involved in some COVID-19 research in the summer of 2020, none of the available vaccines contain either ingredient.

Suggesting a Satanic link, a post on Facebook reads, “MODERNA VACCINE CONTAINS "LUCIFERIN" IN A 66.6 SOLUTION. YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP (here). Other posts making this claim can be found here , here and here .

You're rather privileged if could do so. Not everyone is.
Tom
I don't understand why anyone can't get a different dentist or PCP or barber. Privileged? I don't understand.
Barber, sure.
But lots of people have health care providers chosen by someone else, like their insurance company.
Tom
Really? I have to choose in network but there are lots of them. Is this an urban/rural thing? Anyway, this is off topic from covid. I should probably stop.
Okay.
It's probably a rural thing. Around here there aren't many choices.
Tom
Huh? Guess private insurance is different.
I am in very rural Colorado and on Medicare. Not restricted to any network, but even if I was, I would walk out on an unvaxed doc. Without hesitation. My privilege is (probably) having resources enough to countersue any such Doctor who came after me for walking out of an appointment (and a complete disregard for “credit ratings”)
Medical science may be more than science, but it doesn’t include anti-science and I think trust is a critical component of effective healthcare.

“MODERNA VACCINE CONTAINS "LUCIFERIN" IN A 66.6 SOLUTION. YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP
You also can never quite teach people that the Number of the Beast is not any combination of three sixes. 66.6 is not the same as Six Hundred Sixty Six. So even if this IS a significant number in the solution, it's not a Biblically Significant number.
Reminds me of the idiot in Porky's talking about 'KITE flying weather.' You're too stupid to be this superstitious, siddown.

My wife just told me one of the shareholders for the company she works for has covid and is on a ventilator. He's a dentist. My first thought was how many of his patients did his unvaccinated ass infect.
Are you sure the dentist wasn't vaccinated? A close friend of mine told me this morning that her son in law died of COVID yesterday. He was fully vaccinated and had no preexisting conditions that would make him at high risk. He's been sick since September, on a ventilator etc. My point is that as most of you know, even a fully vaccinated person can die of COVID. It's rare but it happens. Health care providers are exposed to a lot of things, sometimes unknowingly. So, even a vaccinated health care provider can get COVID and can pass it on to others.

While I remain careful and always wear a mask when in a store or medical office, I sometimes eat in a restaurant if the tables are far apart and I attended a party last week. Everyone at my table had the vaccine. Was I taking a risk? Yes, but it was a small one, and I'm not going to live the rest of my life being constantly fearful of COVID. I've had workers in my house doing repair work, even before the vaccine. We all wore masks and kept a distance from each other. I don't wear my mask when I exercise with my workout group. We are all far apart and everyone I know there has been vaccinated. I wear my mask afterwards when I might need to get close to someone. I'm not judging anyone who isn't comfortable with what I do, but I feel that my precautions are reasonable and my risks are very small. I'm probably more at risk of dying in a car accident than from dying from COVID at this point. :)

Fact Check-Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine does not contain luciferin or luciferase

The novel coronavirus vaccine manufactured by Moderna does not contain luciferin, an organic compound involved in bioluminescence, or the enzyme luciferase, contrary to claims on social media. While luciferase was involved in some COVID-19 research in the summer of 2020, none of the available vaccines contain either ingredient.

Suggesting a Satanic link, a post on Facebook reads, “MODERNA VACCINE CONTAINS "LUCIFERIN" IN A 66.6 SOLUTION. YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP (here). Other posts making this claim can be found here , here and here .
Can't make this up? The right-wing? Made up shit is all they believe these days.

My wife just told me one of the shareholders for the company she works for has covid and is on a ventilator. He's a dentist. My first thought was how many of his patients did his unvaccinated ass infect.
Are you sure the dentist wasn't vaccinated? A close friend of mine told me this morning that her son in law died of COVID yesterday. He was fully vaccinated and had no preexisting conditions that would make him at high risk. He's been sick since September, on a ventilator etc. My point is that as most of you know, even a fully vaccinated person can die of COVID. It's rare but it happens. Health care providers are exposed to a lot of things, sometimes unknowingly. So, even a vaccinated health care provider can get COVID and can pass it on to others.

While I remain careful and always wear a mask when in a store or medical office, I sometimes eat in a restaurant if the tables are far apart and I attended a party last week. Everyone at my table had the vaccine. Was I taking a risk? Yes, but it was a small one, and I'm not going to live the rest of my life being constantly fearful of COVID. I've had workers in my house doing repair work, even before the vaccine. We all wore masks and kept a distance from each other. I don't wear my mask when I exercise with my workout group. We are all far apart and everyone I know there has been vaccinated. I wear my mask afterwards when I might need to get close to someone. I'm not judging anyone who isn't comfortable with what I do, but I feel that my precautions are reasonable and my risks are very small. I'm probably more at risk of dying in a car accident than from dying from COVID at this point. :)
Actually I just assumed since it's so rare for a vaccinated individual to get so sick. I'll ask my wife if she can find out for sure.

I have never been in a car accident in which a seat belt was required to save my life. Yet I always put on my seat belt when I get in a car.

Actually I just assumed since it's so rare for a vaccinated individual to get so sick. I'll ask my wife if she can find out for sure.
The most recent data I've seen that splits vaccinated vs unvaccinated show that for every 6 unvaccinated that gets Covid, there is one vaccinated who gets Covid. Of course that's just data. There is no information on what each group is doing to increase or lower their risks. It could be that unvaccinated are more careful than vaccinated. Or it could be the other way around. Or it could be about even.

My market analyst mindset wants to see more detailed data.

Tom
I don't understand why anyone can't get a different dentist or PCP or barber. Privileged? I don't understand.

I'm saying that by the time you're in a position to ask you're likely to already be in a position you'll be billed for the appointment even if you walk out. And note that if you have HMO insurance you might not have a lot of choice in who to see.

Tom
Barber, sure.
But lots of people have health care providers chosen by someone else, like their insurance company.
Tom
Really? I have to choose in network but there are lots of them. Is this an urban/rural thing? Anyway, this is off topic from covid. I should probably stop.

It's an HMO/PPO thing. On the exchange the only options that exist for me are HMO. My wife is in a medicare advantage plan, likewise HMO. Twice now we have found situations where there is exactly one office that's an option for her.

This whistleblower discussion regarding the Pfizer covid-19 vaccine in the British Medical Journal is worth a read

Covid-19: Researcher blows the whistle on data integrity issues in Pfizer’s vaccine trial​

So? Somebody fucked up the blinding in one location. This is a fuck-up, not fraud. It says nothing about all the other places where it was being tested and it says nothing about the tons of phase IV data we have.

So? Somebody fucked up the blinding in one location. This is a fuck-up, not fraud. It says nothing about all the other places where it was being tested and it says nothing about the tons of phase IV data we have.
So the vaccine is proven to provide substantial protection... and we still get this bullshit from the alt-right.

I have never been in a car accident in which a seat belt was required to save my life. Yet I always put on my seat belt when I get in a car.
Me, too. But I still get into cars, even though I know that people die in car accidents every day, including people wearing seatbelts.

Like Sohy, I take some small risks--but do my best to minimize them. I've had visitors in my house that I knew were fully vaccinated. I've had some workers in my house--and we socially distanced. I've done a little traveling by car and shared a vacation home with friends I knew were vaccinated. We ate in a restaurant twice, making it about 6 times in the past year and a half that I have eaten in a restaurant setting, some of those times with outdoor seating. I always wear a mask when doing errands but briefly, from about the end of April until the beginning of July, when Delta started making the news, I did not wear a mask.

I'd much, much, much rather do things the way we used to do them but until/unless most people get vaccinated, I think I'm just stuck with a much more limited amount of socializing possible.

Tom

I'm saying that by the time you're in a position to ask you're likely to already be in a position you'll be billed for the appointment even if you walk out. And note that if you have HMO insurance you might not have a lot of choice in who to see.
You're billed on procedures done. If no procedure is done there is nothing to bill for.

If conservolibertarians were in charge, not only would there be no seatbelt laws, there'd also be no traffic lights. The free market would decide who has the right of way. What a world that would be.

If conservolibertarians were in charge, not only would there be no seatbelt laws, there'd also be no traffic lights. The free market would decide who has the right of way. What a world that would be.
So the uber driver and I who arrived at the give way simultaneously this morning should have gotten out of our vehicles, and held an auction for who gets to go first, with the winner paying the loser for the privilege?

I think I preferred the "fuck you, my big bus could crush your car like a bug, so I have right of way" system that we actually employed.

Back
Top Bottom