• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

DACA

They got their free ride, now it’s time for them to go back along with the parents that brought them here.
You got your free ride....perhaps it's time for you to go back to your ancestor's country of origin as well.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNySeA-zu5I[/YOUTUBE]

An undocumented father of two who had lived in the United States for three decades after being brought to the country as a child was deported from Michigan to Mexico this week, his family and immigration officials said Tuesday.

Garcia, 39, was undocumented when he was brought to the United States at age 10, according to his wife, Cindy Garcia, and their family lawyer.

Jorge Garcia had been a resident of Michigan for three decades, but was too old to qualify for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA,

Cindy Garcia said that her husband has no criminal history and that the family had been trying to change his immigration status for years.

She noted that the family had tried to apply to change his status in 2005 but their lawyer at the time “filed the wrong paperwork and got us into removal status."

“This is one of dozens of cases that are happening every month and these are families that are really well established, that are contributing to society — they’re paying their taxes, their children are going to school,” she said. “I just want people to remember that this is just one drop."
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...mexico-after-living-u-s-three-decades-n838211

Brought to the US at age 10. Married. Father of 2. No criminal history. Working. Paying taxes.

Didn't qualify for DACA because he wasn't under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012.

Deported.

Loses his wife, his children, his job, his life. What is perhaps even worse, two children - two U.S. citizens - have lost their father.

Yeah, so... Anyone anywhere who says DACA is too lenient can just go fuck themselves up the ass with a splintered baseball bat and no vaseline.

And the US loses his tax income. And without his income, it's possible his children will need help from the government for food, school, etc. So a double net negative for the US.

Jorge Garcia had been a resident of Michigan for three decades, but was too old to qualify for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA,

Cindy Garcia said that her husband has no criminal history and that the family had been trying to change his immigration status for years.

She noted that the family had tried to apply to change his status in 2005 but their lawyer at the time “filed the wrong paperwork and got us into removal status."

“This is one of dozens of cases that are happening every month and these are families that are really well established, that are contributing to society — they’re paying their taxes, their children are going to school,” she said. “I just want people to remember that this is just one drop."
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...mexico-after-living-u-s-three-decades-n838211

Brought to the US at age 10. Married. Father of 2. No criminal history. Working. Paying taxes.

Didn't qualify for DACA because he wasn't under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012.

Deported.

Loses his wife, his children, his job, his life. What is perhaps even worse, two children - two U.S. citizens - have lost their father.

Yeah, so... Anyone anywhere who says DACA is too lenient can just go fuck themselves up the ass with a splintered baseball bat and no vaseline.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup. Although I'm not sure Vaseline can stop a splinter! I say go fuck themselves up the ass with "Lucille". Yeah. That'll do it.

Deported.

The whole family could move to Mexico and stay together ...

The only reason this is tragic is that he lived (illegally mind you) here for so long.
What should have happened is not allowing illegals to come here and letting them stay for 30 decades, but he and his family should have been deported soon after they arrived, as soon as authorities became aware that they are illegal. Then he would not have made a life here for himself.

But that's exactly what the Left doesn't want. They want all illegals to stay here indefinitely.

The only reason this is tragic is that he lived (illegally mind you) here for so long.
What should have happened is not allowing illegals to come here and letting them stay for 30 decades, but he and his family should have been deported soon after they arrived, as soon as authorities became aware that they are illegal. Then he would not have made a life here for himself.

But that's exactly what the Left doesn't want. They want all illegals to stay here indefinitely.

I would be perfectly happy with a 15 decade limit on residence; anyone who is still in the country after 15 decades, much less 30, should be deported.

Not surprised you advocate deporting U.S. citizens just because their husband and father was born in Mexico.

But no, your bullshit suggestion is bullshit. Deporting 3 American citizens because of racists in the U.S. is not an answer.

Not surprised you advocate deporting U.S. citizens just because their husband and father was born in Mexico.
Family moving to stay together after one family member is deported is not the same as deporting all of them. I did not say anything about deporting the others, did I?
Or do you believe the only way to enter Mexico is via deportation? Strange.

no, your bullshit suggestion is bullshit. Deporting 3 American citizens because of racists in the U.S. is not an answer.
Nobody suggested that. So don't twist your panties in a bunch, ok.

I would be perfectly happy with a 15 decade limit on residence; anyone who is still in the country after 15 decades, much less 30, should be deported.
You pontificate about allowing mass migration or tolerating illegal immigration while sitting comfortably in Australia, where your government at least knows to enforce immigration rules a bit better than US or EU ones do. For example, you turn away migrant boats. Good for you!

"Mr. Jorge Garcia-Martinez, an unlawfully present citizen of Mexico, was ordered removed by an immigration judge in June 2006," ICE's Khaalid Walls said in a statement to NBC News, adding that Garcia "appealed his removal in 2008 to the Board of Immigration Appeals, where it was remanded back to the lower court, which subsequently allowed him to voluntarily depart." Garcia was subject to a final order of removal in 2009, Walls said.

Mr Garcia was ordered to leave 2009, but he didn't.

You pontificate about allowing mass migration or tolerating illegal immigration while sitting comfortably in Australia, where your government at least knows to enforce immigration rules a bit better than US or EU ones do. For example, you turn away migrant boats. Good for you!

I have never turned away any boats.

And I am an immigrant. I wasn't born in Australia, I came here as an adult.

And I don't support the current federal government, or their inhumane immigration policy.

What if the US set its immigration laws to "we will treat your country's immigrants to the US the exact same way you treat our people trying to immigrate to your country"? Would that be fair?

Not saying it would be easy, given that it means reviewing many different sets of immigration laws. Only asking it if would be fair.

That is, by and large, the starting point for the bilateral negotiations between countries when establishing visa and immigration rules and regulations.

Why you imagine that this is not already how it is done I don't know - but it usually is, and any deviation from it is as a result of negotiations between the nations involved.

As the US has a lot of clout on the international stage, it is common for it to be more difficult to migrate to the US than it is for US citizens to migrate to other nations. It is very rare for it to be the other way about; Can you give an example of ANY nation, where it is more difficult to migrate there from the USA than it is to migrate to the USA from that nation?

It's pretty damned easy for an American to migrate to Mexico, compared to the difficulty of migrating in the opposite direction.

I suggest googling what countries are the hardest to get citizenship. Hint: The US isn't #1.

Debunking the Lie that Dreamers Can Wait

Dreamers are losing protections now, and many more are losing their DACA status each day that Congress refuses to act.

On September 5, 2017, the Trump administration ended DACA. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) rescinded the memorandum that created DACA, stopped granting DACA to new applicants, and gave certain current DACA recipients a small window of time to apply for a final two-year extension. According to DHS statistics, 22,000 DACA recipients whose status was set to expire between September 5 and March 5 failed to meet the 30-day deadline set by the administration—a deadline that the administration refused to extend even for DACA recipients living in areas devastated by Hurricane Harvey and Hurricane Irma.

As a result, nearly 17,000 young people are estimated to have already lost DACA protections. Every day that passes, an average of 122 additional DACA recipients lose protection. Moreover, the Migration Policy Institute estimates that by March 5, 2018, approximately 23,000 children who are turning 15 and would have become eligible to apply for DACA will instead remain vulnerable to detention and deportation.

https://www.americanprogress.org/is...01/19/445261/debunking-lie-dreamers-can-wait/

What if the US set its immigration laws to "we will treat your country's immigrants to the US the exact same way you treat our people trying to immigrate to your country"? Would that be fair?

Not saying it would be easy, given that it means reviewing many different sets of immigration laws. Only asking it if would be fair.

That is, by and large, the starting point for the bilateral negotiations between countries when establishing visa and immigration rules and regulations.

Why you imagine that this is not already how it is done I don't know - but it usually is, and any deviation from it is as a result of negotiations between the nations involved.

As the US has a lot of clout on the international stage, it is common for it to be more difficult to migrate to the US than it is for US citizens to migrate to other nations. It is very rare for it to be the other way about; Can you give an example of ANY nation, where it is more difficult to migrate there from the USA than it is to migrate to the USA from that nation?

It's pretty damned easy for an American to migrate to Mexico, compared to the difficulty of migrating in the opposite direction.

I suggest googling what countries are the hardest to get citizenship. Hint: The US isn't #1.

Well, getting citizenship isn't the same as getting legal residency status or a work visa. Not making any claims either way, but I feel we should be precise.

^^^^^ good

Wow, you are pretty hard hearted. The dreamers didn't violate any laws. They contribute to society. I'll bet that the majority will pay far more in taxes than you will. Our economy is in desperate need of more workers. The dreamers only know the US. How would you survive if you were suddenly deported to a foreign country?

What "gaps"

Or... you might familiarize yourself with the information that is already available to you before you start complaining about "gaps"

In reality, not rough estimates but real numbers, what is the amount of people which will be considered under this program? In other words, if the number is three million or 800,000, will this program passed as law or regulation, will also accept future children brought illegally by their parents? Will this be just a one time deal?

In order to be eligible for DACA, the applicant had to have been under the age of 16 at the time of entry into the United States; under the age of 31 on June 15, 2012; maintained continuous residence in the United States for at least five years before June 15, 2012 (that is, since June 15, 2007); have a physical presence in the United States on June 15, 2012 and at the time of making the request for consideration of deferred action.

In other words, a very narrow and somewhat arbitrarily chosen group of people qualify for DACA. It does not apply to anyone of any age who entered the U.S. after June 15, 2012; and does not apply to anyone who was 16 years or older when they entered.

In "real" numbers, as of September 4, 2017, (the day the bastard Trump rescinded the program) there were 690,000 people approved for DACA. That number will be shrinking unless Congress does something because the DACA approvals have to be renewed every two years, and no renewals are being allowed since October 6, 2017.

How to prove who was brought by their parents and who came by his own resources? I ask this question because in the past it has happened already a great migrating wave of children crossing the US borders. It is understood that these children are not included in this program DACA. How to know who is whom?
You understood wrong. Arriving with or without a parent is not one of the criteria for DACA

Another detail is the percent of these children who are "contributing" to the benefit of this nation. Many of them are teenagers and many are adults. How many are studying and how many are working?
A DACA recipient must be "in school, graduated from high school or obtained general education development certificate", in the military or have been honorably discharged from the U.S. Armed Forces or the Coast Guard. Further, there was a $495 application fee plus attorney's fees for DACA, which precluded "deadbeats" from applying.

Also, how many are doing nothing, how many are currently(*) drug addicts, how many are currently(*) members of gangs.... how many? (*past records won't be considered if they have changed to become people contributing for the best of our society)
None. And yes, past records were considered. If an applicant was ever "convicted of a felony, a significant misdemeanor, or three or more misdemeanors," or "otherwise a threat to national security or public safety" they were ineligible for approval or renewal.

Before doing any decision, facts must be presented.
Facts have already been presented

A law can't be passed with gaps rather than facts.
Can't force the wilfully ignorant to read the facts

Isn't fair to investigate first what is the current status of these individuals before passing any regulation providing them a permanent residence status just because they were brought by their parents illegally crossing the US border?
Already done.

I mean, I agree giving such permanent residence status to the ones "contributing" in society, but if this regulation will also benefit to the "bad apples", then... no deal.
How nice of you :rolleyes:

Facts first and later checking what can be made to help them.

My humble opinion.
Checking facts first before posting is helpful, too.

My humble opinion.
Very good.

Now that "you" have provided "facts" on my desk, I will check what to do next.

You forgot to provide your sources, an online link.

Your services are really appreciated.

By the way, the US immigration law has been working fine for decades... until mass immigration appears to force changes in regulations.

Is this fair?

I mean, if masses of drivers cross red lights in streets, may traffic laws be changed because those mass traffic violators?

Again, is this just a one time thing?

Just like erase and start again once and that's all?

Back
Top Bottom