• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Day without stupid: redux

No one knows what's in the vaccines? If he had a milligram of curiosity the info is easily available.

Theater of the absurd rolls on. I'm sure Ted thinks he knows all the effects that COVID-19 has had on his body and most of all - what's left of his brain.
It is coming clearer by the day that there are massive debilitating effects, experienced even by asymptomatic and mildly symptomatic patients. The following is a partial list of what was reported by last August:

Inflammation, endotheliitis, vasoconstriction, hypercoagulability, edema, lymphocytopenia, elevated D-dimer, elevated fibrin degradation products (FDPs), and disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC) are observed. Deep vein thrombosis (DVT), venous thromboembolism, pulmonary embolism (PE), systemic and pulmonary arterial thrombosis and embolism, ischemic stroke, and myocardial infarction (MI) are reported.

The list of neurological effects now includes stroke, brain hemorrhage and memory loss.

To be honest, and fair, and factual, it sounds identical to the effects of the standard american diet and lifestyle.

Theater of the absurd rolls on. I'm sure Ted thinks he knows all the effects that COVID-19 has had on his body and most of all - what's left of his brain.
It is coming clearer by the day that there are massive debilitating effects, experienced even by asymptomatic and mildly symptomatic patients. The following is a partial list of what was reported by last August:

The list of neurological effects now includes stroke, brain hemorrhage and memory loss.

To be honest, and fair, and factual, it sounds identical to the effects of the standard american diet and lifestyle.

Yes, yes it does. Only, it can take decades for the diet to have these effects.
COVID seems to get it done in days, weeks or months.

Yes, yes it does. Only, it can take decades for the diet to have these effects.
COVID seems to get it done in days, weeks or months.

Ya. My next door neighbor's brother got Covid and was hospitalized for a time. Very soon after he was sent home but still on oxygen he had a mild stroke.

COVID-19’s Effects on the Brain

The NIH team, led by Avindra Nath, used a high-powered magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanner (up to 10 times as sensitive as a typical MRI) to examine postmortem brain tissue from 19 patients. They ranged in age from 5 to 73, and some had preexisting conditions, such as diabetes, obesity, and cardiovascular disease.
The team focused on the brain’s olfactory bulb that controls our ability to smell and the brainstem, which regulates breathing and heart rate. Based on earlier evidence, both areas are thought to be highly susceptible to COVID-19.

Indeed, the MRI images revealed in both regions an unusual number of bright spots, a sign of inflammation. They also showed dark spots, which indicate bleeding. A closer look at the bright spots showed that tiny blood vessels in those areas were thinner than normal and, in some cases, leaked blood proteins into the brain. This leakage appeared to trigger an immune reaction that included T cells from the blood and the brain’s scavenging microglia. The dark spots showed a different pattern, with leaky vessels and clots but no evidence of an immune reaction.

While those findings are certainly interesting, perhaps equally noteworthy is what Nath and colleagues didn’t see in those samples. They could find no evidence in the brain tissue samples that SARS-CoV-2 had invaded the brain tissue. In fact, several methods to detect genetic material or proteins from the virus all turned up empty.

Mysterious indeed.
I'll take my chances with the vaccine, thank you.

Google News presented me with:
Obviously this was some sort of fake news: No school would fire teachers because they HAVE been vaccinated. I clicked anyway, wondering how such a bizarre lie could have arisen.
On April 26, 2021, a private school in Miami, Florida emailed a letter to parents that singled out vaccinated staff, including teachers, according to news reports. Centner Academy, which opened in 2019 and reportedly “charges almost $30,000 a year per student,” said in the email that one of its policies is to not employ anyone who has been vaccinated for COVID-19.

This was a true story. In fact, the Centner Academy website recently published an anti-vaccine news article on its website with the headline: “Medical Freedom from Mandated Vaccines.” The page contained false and misleading information about the safety and effectiveness of vaccines.

Jim DeFede, an investigative reporter with Miami’s CBS4, tweeted a copy of the letter that was sent to parents. The tweet was later removed, purportedly in violation of Twitter’s rules.

The beginning of the email pushed a false and debunked conspiracy theory that claimed vaccinated individuals are dangerous to people who are unvaccinated. The Florida school also said that it has a policy that it would not employ teachers or other staff if they had received a vaccine:

It was an eventful week that also included an important meeting among our faculty and staff where we shared the difficult decision that moving forward, until further notice, we ask any employee who has not yet taken the experimental COVID-19 injection, to wait until the end of the school year.... It is our policy, to the extent possible, not to employ anyone who has taken the experimental COVID-19 injection until further information is known.​

The email was filled with false and debunked conspiracy theories. For example, it claimed that no “solid research” exists on the efficacy of COVID-19 vaccines.

$30,000 a year per student. What do you get for $40,000? Even more stupidity?

Charles Peruto is running for District Attorney for Philadelphia. Even has a website and everything.

Very professional, very normal - WHAT THE FUCK!

attachment.php

I think Charles is setting the bar a little low. If he waits, I'm sure there'll be a vacancy in Florida next election which suits his demographic.

Attachments

• JFC.png
    JFC.png
    72 KB · Views: 142
Wow. I mean, he’s probably right to just put this out there, but... no not everyone has a dead girl in their bathtub story.

Wow. I mean, he’s probably right to just put this out there, but... no not everyone has a dead girl in their bathtub story.

I mean, I've never been in this type of situation but there just has to be a better way of addressing this.

Well - I dunno. I really don’t. The opposition will try to insinuate and tell partial stories. So how do you keep that from harming you - if you think it shouldn’t harm you? I’m not able to come up with somethign more effective.

Well - I dunno. I really don’t. The opposition will try to insinuate and tell partial stories. So how do you keep that from harming you - if you think it shouldn’t harm you? I’m not able to come up with somethign more effective.

Exactly. He did the right thing--put the whole story out there in advance so the opposition's use of partial stories is limited.

I'm thinking of a local case where the opposition said a woman didn't pay her property taxes, then got a sweetheart deal out of the tax assessor and didn't have any punishment.

Then her ads come on--she did what most people do, pay their property tax as part of their mortgage payment, the mortgage company sending it on to the tax authority. Only they didn't actually do that part of it. She then paid the property taxes a second time directly to the assessor's office--but since there was no wrongdoing on her part of course there was no punishment.

I'd really like to see a system where political campaigns are as much as possible done via website and if your opponents want to make a rebuttal you must provide a rebuttal link right along with the claim.

"X didn't pay her property taxes (Rebuttal) and got a sweetheart deal from the assessor where she wasn't punished (Rebuttal)." (In this case both links would be the same.)

Charles Peruto is running for District Attorney for Philadelphia. Even has a website and everything.

attachment.php

I think Charles is setting the bar a little low. If he waits, I'm sure there'll be a vacancy in Florida next election which suits his demographic.
I've got The Police going through my head.

Wasn't me, that girl in my bathtub,
high BAC, that girl in my bathtub.

I mean, I've never been in this type of situation but there just has to be a better way of addressing this.

Yes there is, it's called not running for public office.

attachment.php

What was he doing with a girl, not a woman? Or is he just a very old-school sexist who calls all women "girls"?

attachment.php

What was he doing with a girl, not a woman? Or is he just a very old-school sexist who calls all women "girls"?

Good question. He is reportedly 65+ years old. Looks like a sleaze. Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.

c9996ad62f5689246be410e9378e7e.jpg

attachment.php

I've encountered women who refer to peers as "girls", putting the dividing line at younger, physically active = girls. Older, inactive = women.

I've encountered women who refer to peers as "girls", putting the dividing line at younger, physically active = girls. Older, inactive = women.

My 85 year old mom refers to all females as girls.

When the dead body in your bathtub is half your age, calling them girl seems equal parts appropriate and the least of your worries. The fact that he claims he got a standing ovation from the Grand Jury also makes me doubt his recollection of events.

Reagan was about as stupid a human as ever existed.

Came in and claimed marijuana was the most dangerous drug in the world.

Wasted decades of resources and lives with massive prohibition of marijuana.

Back
Top Bottom