• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Day without stupid: redux

Speaking of stupid, Harris interview was pretty stupid for a democrat. So that was new.

Yeah, I've never been very impressed with Harris's communications skills. She's really not cut out as a politician.

Speaking of stupid, Harris interview was pretty stupid for a democrat. So that was new.

Yeah, I've never been very impressed with Harris's communications skills. She's really not cut out as a politician.

I have seen her desperate and defensive but not like that. And she is going to run for POTUS in 2024. Boy, I wish Obama had an identical twin.

Could be out of practice with being a target of media. For four years, Trump was the legitimate target of every news piece as his performance was just dreadful. The Democrats kind of had a free run of 4 years. Takes practice to talk like a politician.

I have seen her desperate and defensive but not like that. And she is going to run for POTUS in 2024. Boy, I wish Obama had an identical twin.

Maybe he does. Someone should go to Kenya and check the birth records.

My favourite type of stupid. This fucking hilarious kind:

[tweet]1403721252687208452[/tweet]

Mid terms are going to be awesome. I need to start stocking up on popcorn now.

My favourite type of stupid. This fucking hilarious kind:

[tweet]1403721252687208452[/tweet]

Mid terms are going to be awesome. I need to start stocking up on popcorn now.

I’m considering trying to arrange for a medically induced coma. The cheating might give me seizures.

Speaking of Trump's crimes, which could be a new name for the whole Politics forum these days, this Some More News episode covers just about all of the trumpy crimeing, and also includes all the lies. Well, almost all the lies. It's only an hour and 10 minutes long after all.

Very entertaining and yet factual coverage (Fox, take note) of why the orange man really is bad.

Orange Man Indeed Bad: 100 Years of Trump - SOME MORE NEWS

I really liked this part on the Emoluments Clause violations:

video said:
... A violation considered so severe, that in 1810, they approved a currently unratified amendment making any violation punishable by removing the citizenship of the individual in question.

That seems totally fitting and reasonable to me.

Note: At that time, the Emoluments Clause was about accepting titles from foreign leaders while in office, but we have learned since that it's not just accepting foreign titles that make officials vulnerable and influenced by anything but his oath to the Constitution. It's also money, gifts, and favors of almost all types that present the same kind of influence. So the description of the crime has expanded to include all of Trump's emolument related violations.

Hey, how about let's ratify that amendment! :rofl:

Like you people are perfect and never accidentally donated money to anti-Semites.

Like you people are perfect and never accidentally donated money to anti-Semites.
Who among us, Jimmy? Who among us has not accidentally given money to racist organizations?

And, you know, who among us hasn't accidentally said the n-word really loud at a blm protest? These things happen. Who among us hasn't accidentally hung a giant swastika in the window of our restaurant? We just thought it was a cool shape, you know? We didn't know it meant something bad. And, I mean, who hasn't accidentally named their first born Adolf? Who could have known that was Hitler's first name? It was a surprise to me! I mean, this shit happens to the best of us.

Trump Wanted His Justice Department to Stop ‘SNL’ From Teasing Him

It was the middle of Donald Trump’s presidency, and he was—yet again—mad at Saturday Night Live. And he wanted the federal government to help him settle the score.

In March 2019, the then-president of the United States had just watched an episode of the long-running, liberal-leaning NBC sketch comedy series (it wasn’t even a new episode, it was a rerun), and grew immediately incensed that the show was gently mocking him.

“It’s truly incredible that shows like Saturday Night Live, not funny/no talent, can spend all of their time knocking the same person (me), over & over, without so much of a mention of ‘the other side,’” Trump tweeted, long before he was banned from Twitter for inspiring a violent mob. “Like an advertisement without consequences. Same with Late Night Shows. Should Federal Election Commission and/or FCC look into this?”

It was, on its face, a ridiculous question and threat, as SNL is obviously satire, and therefore a form of protected speech in America that pissed-off commanders-in-chief have no authority to directly subvert. However, then-President Trump went further than simply tweeting his displeasure with the late-night comedians and SNL writers’ room. The internal discussions that followed, between the former leader of the free world and some of his political and legal advisers, once again underscored just how much Trump wanted to use the full weight and power of the U.S. government to punish his personal enemies.

According to two people familiar with the matter, Trump asked advisers and lawyers in early 2019 about what the Federal Communications Commission, the court system, and—most confusingly to some Trump lieutenants—the Department of Justice could do to probe or mitigate SNL, Jimmy Kimmel, and other late-night comedy mischief-makers.

And his supporters would have applauded them losing their spots on television as well. I don't recall much conservative anguish over Bill Maher losing his program on ABC (though 20 yrs ago and I could have forgotten).

It is incredible, how a person as vile and insulting as he was regarding other people, all the time behind the wall of social media and at his rallies, he couldn't handle any ribs himself.

Back
Top Bottom