• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Day without stupid: redux

WTF is the Umbrella Academy???
Short version: very twisted X-Men. It's great.
Yeah, I looked it up. I don't get Netflix.
🏴‍☠️ ?
Not worth it for this show*. And I consider Page's sex change between seasons to be more of a nuisance that they just had to write in, like a main character's actress becoming pregnant in reality forces tv shows to make the character pregnant too for a while.

(* = okay maybe first season.)

Trump told Jordan’s king he would give him the West Bank, shocking Abdullah II, book says - The Washington Post.

President Trump once offered what he considered “a great deal” to Jordan’s King Abdullah II: control of the West Bank, whose Palestinian population long sought to topple the monarchy.

“I thought I was having a heart attack,” Abdullah II recalled to an American friend in 2018, according to a new book on the Trump presidency being published next week. “I couldn’t breathe. I was bent doubled-over.”
The offer to Abdullah of the West Bank — which is bordered by Israel and Jordan, and which Trump had no control over — came in January 2018. Trump thought he would be doing the Jordanian king a favor, not realizing that it would destabilize his country, according to the book.

And from earlier,

Trump wanted ‘totally loyal’ generals like Hitler’s, new book says - The Washington Post.

President Donald Trump once told a top adviser that he wanted “totally loyal” generals like the ones who had served Adolf Hitler — unaware that some of Hitler’s generals had tried to assassinate the Nazi leader several times, according to a new book about the Trump presidency.

Trump complained to John Kelly, then his chief of staff and a retired Marine Corps general, “why can’t you be like the German generals?” according to “The Divider: Trump in the White House, 2017-2021” by journalists Peter Baker and Susan Glasser.

When Kelly asked which generals he meant, Trump replied: “The German generals in World War II.”
“You do know that they tried to kill Hitler three times and almost pulled it off?” Kelly said, according to the book.

Trump didn’t believe him, the book says. “No, no, no, they were totally loyal to him,” Trump insisted.

It's never ending, I could see these reports coming out for decades.

Trump's historical legacy will indeed be spectacular.

Like all those papers that he shredded, and his aides had to tape the pieces together, because they were by law required to be archived for posteriority. Who's going to read those documents? Historians. The very people who'll define how Trump is remembered 50 or 100 years from now. Imagine these future researchers starting their work in the national archives, finding these taped-up papers and misspelled sharpie markings and thinking to themselves "What in the fucking world?"

Microsoft needs a copy editor who thinks.

Microsoft Blog on the release of the Windows 11 update "Our work is never done to ensure Windows evolves and adapts to you." :lol:

Ha. I can guess what they tried to say but it's probably not how most people would read that line! :coffeespray

What I want to know is whether these folks are trolling the trolls here. I mean, this could very well be the space of POE's law where there is just enough intersect to create an effective attack against the GQP using their own mechanisms of insane conspiracy.

I am honestly tempted to spin up a -48 or whatever account, craft some absolutely demented bullshit, and see if I can accelerate this clusterfuck by tossing it into that fan.

Convincing a bunch of folks that Donald Trump has been replaced by DeSantis with a gay frog prince or whatever would be hilarious.

To clarify, I'm not going to do this. It would be sick to weaponize stupidity in this way.

Trump's historical legacy will indeed be spectacular.

Like all those papers that he shredded, and his aides had to tape the pieces together, because they were by law required to be archived for posteriority. Who's going to read those documents? Historians. The very people who'll define how Trump is remembered 50 or 100 years from now. Imagine these future researchers starting their work in the national archives, finding these taped-up papers and misspelled sharpie markings and thinking to themselves "What in the fucking world?"
Lord, I hope so. Alas, "historical memory" of politicals often defined more by fuzzy memories of a previous generation's propaganda than it is by documentary evidence, as indeed this very story demonstrates. Conservatives 50 years from now will likely remember Trump much as thry do now, as they will be remembering how they perceived him at the time more than by anything that might be taught in a history class.

What do conservatives think of Richard Nixon now? From my perspective, they think about him not at all. I'm always surprised when I'm reminded that Nixon won re-election by a landslide less than five months after the Watergate break-in.

Back
Top Bottom