• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Day without stupid: redux

It’s ok. I’m sure they issued an on-air retraction at some point in the middle of the night.

The Biden administration announced the National Strategy to Counter Antisemitism to protect Jewish communities across the US this week.

Biden released a video about the new strategy, saying hate has been "given too much oxygen" in recent years and has fuelled a "record rise in antisemitism."

But Republican Rep. Lauren Boebert denounced the plan in a tweet to her 2.5 million followers: "When they say stuff like this, they mean they want to go after conservatives."

The gun-rights activist described the newly-announced "tactics" —which include encouraging social media companies to tackle antisemitism and to "build cross-community solidarity" — as "straight out of the USSR's playbook."

Supporters of former President Donald Trump are reportedly being scammed out of thousands of dollars through the sale of commemorative "Trump Bucks" that fraudsters say can be exchanged for real cash.

Several companies are allegedly using advertising tactics including creating AI-generated videos of Trump and other figures like Elon Musk to claim the worthless "Trump Bucks" will make them rich, according to a new report from NBC News.

Some of the people who bought the Trump memorabilia have attempted to exchange it for real US dollars at banks, and told NBC News that bank employees are reporting it as a growing issue. Several companies have been identified for marketing and selling the false currency, NBC News reported, including a number of businesses seemingly based in Colorado with names like Patriots Dynasty, Patriots Future, and USA Patriots.
No one can be scammed without their permission.

Trump Bucks? Seems like NFT's. NFT = Non-Fungible Token, essentially an online certificate of ownership, like an online version of a deed of a house. NFT's are managed with blockchain technology, a way of recording data that makes tampering difficult. Blockchains are used in cryptocurrency, where one wants to enforce uniqueness as one does with NFT's.

Supporters of former President Donald Trump are reportedly being scammed out of thousands of dollars through the sale of commemorative "Trump Bucks" that fraudsters say can be exchanged for real cash.

Several companies are allegedly using advertising tactics including creating AI-generated videos of Trump and other figures like Elon Musk to claim the worthless "Trump Bucks" will make them rich, according to a new report from NBC News.

Some of the people who bought the Trump memorabilia have attempted to exchange it for real US dollars at banks, and told NBC News that bank employees are reporting it as a growing issue. Several companies have been identified for marketing and selling the false currency, NBC News reported, including a number of businesses seemingly based in Colorado with names like Patriots Dynasty, Patriots Future, and USA Patriots.
No one can be scammed without their permission.
Scamming is still a crime. I mean, believing that a commodity can just be exchanged for cash, however, that is a hard sell. Gold and silver have value, but you can't exchange that at a bank.

Home grown dumbness

article said:
A sign with a homophobic slur outside of a Tallahassee business is causing controversy on social media.

On U.S. Highway 90, in front of Rick's Repair Shop, a sign reads: "Veterans get a day f--- and child molesters get a month why."

Records indicate the auto repair shop, located in the Baum Community in Leon County, is affiliated with a Tallahassee man named Rick Hughes, who has not returned the Tallahassee Democrat's call for comment.
My response? I don't know, why do you celebrate molesters for a month?

Any former MLB pitchers want a go?

article said:
Retired MLB pitcher and conservative commentator Curt Schilling made the on-air comments Friday while in conversation with host Jesse Watters. Schilling complained that leaders on the right “talk, talk, that’s all they’re doing” without backing up ideology with action.

“We’re up against a side and a force that doesn’t play by the rules – refuses to play by the rules,” Schilling said, adding of conservatives: “We get excited, and we get emotional; that’s it. They break the law; they do the things they need to do to ensure their agenda is driven forward – and we’re watching them gut our nation from the inside out, and I don’t know where the rubber’s gonna meet the road.”
Does anyone know what in the heck he is talking about with regards to "they break the law"?

He went on to reference the Battle of Concord when a revolutionary fighter made the decision to "pull the trigger" (I don't believe anyone knows who fired first... or if it was intentional) and the conservatives were getting to that point and going to need to pull the trigger. He then blathers on about how he'll be taken out of context and accused of inciting violence by saying Conservatives are going to need to pull a trigger, after referencing an actual trigger pulling.

That dumbness aside, what in the heck is the "they break the law" raving about? What laws?

Any former MLB pitchers want a go?

article said:
Retired MLB pitcher and conservative commentator Curt Schilling made the on-air comments Friday while in conversation with host Jesse Watters. Schilling complained that leaders on the right “talk, talk, that’s all they’re doing” without backing up ideology with action.

“We’re up against a side and a force that doesn’t play by the rules – refuses to play by the rules,” Schilling said, adding of conservatives: “We get excited, and we get emotional; that’s it. They break the law; they do the things they need to do to ensure their agenda is driven forward – and we’re watching them gut our nation from the inside out, and I don’t know where the rubber’s gonna meet the road.”
Does anyone know what in the heck he is talking about with regards to "they break the law"?

He went on to reference the Battle of Concord when a revolutionary fighter made the decision to "pull the trigger" (I don't believe anyone knows who fired first... or if it was intentional) and the conservatives were getting to that point and going to need to pull the trigger. He then blathers on about how he'll be taken out of context and accused of inciting violence by saying Conservatives are going to need to pull a trigger, after referencing an actual trigger pulling.

That dumbness aside, what in the heck is the "they break the law" raving about? What laws?
As always, projection.

Juneteenth Edition.
US Senator Josh Hawley said:
Today is a good day to remember: Christianity is the faith and America is the place slavery came to die
Another one of those... what in the heck is he trying to communicate here, sort of things.

Sen. Hawley: *enters into ChatGPT* Give me a half-ass, meaningless quote to post on Twitter about Juneteenth.

Australian Home Minister Clare O'Neil on Thursday called Donald Trump Jr. a "big baby", after the son of the former U.S. president cancelled a planned speaking tour.

The younger Trump, who had been booked on a three-day tour of Australia that was scheduled to begin in Sydney on Sunday, cancelled the trip on Wednesday, with organisers suggesting the reason was visa issues.

"It seems America isn't the only country that makes it difficult for the Trumps," the group Turning Point Australia, that describes itself as a non-profit in favour of "free markets and limited government", said in a Facebook post.

But O'Neil, one of the highest-ranking ministers in the centre-left Labor government led by Prime Minister Anthony Albanese, said Trump had been granted a visa, and poor ticket sales was the reason he called off his visit.

"Geez, Donald Trump Jr is a bit of sore loser," she said in a series of posts on Twitter that were later deleted.
:hysterical:

"The Cleveland County Republican Party invited him to speak at the Norman Central Library. The room was packed with many unhappy Oklahomans, making for an hour of chaos," reported David Chasanov.

"It doesn't matter how much the radical left attacks me," Walters told the crowd. 'It doesn't matter how much the teachers union spends against me. I will never stop speaking truth."

However, things got tricky for Walters when someone asked him if teaching about the infamous "Black Wall Street" massacre in the city of Tulsa would be banned under his restrictions on teaching "Critical Race Theory."

"Let’s not tie it to the skin color and say that the skin color determined that," Walters replied.

The Tulsa massacre was an act of racial mass terrorism in 1921 that destroyed the Greenwood District of Tulsa, a nationally-renowned prosperous community nicknamed "Black Wall Street." After a 19-year-old Black shoeshiner named Dick Rowland was arrested on trumped-up charges for allegedly assaulting a white elevator operator named Sarah Page, white residents of Tulsa rioted, looting and burning down the Greenwood District. Roughly 300 people were killed, and when the National Guard was sent in, the Black residents were arrested by the thousands.

"The Cleveland County Republican Party invited him to speak at the Norman Central Library. The room was packed with many unhappy Oklahomans, making for an hour of chaos," reported David Chasanov.

"It doesn't matter how much the radical left attacks me," Walters told the crowd. 'It doesn't matter how much the teachers union spends against me. I will never stop speaking truth."

However, things got tricky for Walters when someone asked him if teaching about the infamous "Black Wall Street" massacre in the city of Tulsa would be banned under his restrictions on teaching "Critical Race Theory."

"Let’s not tie it to the skin color and say that the skin color determined that," Walters replied.

The Tulsa massacre was an act of racial mass terrorism in 1921 that destroyed the Greenwood District of Tulsa, a nationally-renowned prosperous community nicknamed "Black Wall Street." After a 19-year-old Black shoeshiner named Dick Rowland was arrested on trumped-up charges for allegedly assaulting a white elevator operator named Sarah Page, white residents of Tulsa rioted, looting and burning down the Greenwood District. Roughly 300 people were killed, and when the National Guard was sent in, the Black residents were arrested by the thousands.
Exactly. It’s not the color of the skin that was important. It was the color of the light reflected from their skin.

Back
Top Bottom