• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Day without stupid: redux

BREAKING NEWS: New Hampshire Republican Senate Candidate Don Bolduc Assaults Libertarian Party Activist on Camera Before Debate, Then Makes False Report to Law Enforcement​

Incredibly, after the videotaped incident, which saw Bolduc both assaulting a man and then instantly lying about it to police—a second state crime—the Republican tried to make the event national news.​

WMUR article on the subject. Video doesn't imply much happened either way. And the Libertarian at worst confronted the candidate. Though he was holding something that appeared to be shaped like an ax, but looking closer it is a smart phone on a selfie stick. Still, if that was a black guy...

WMUR article on the subject. Video doesn't imply much happened either way. And the Libertarian at worst confronted the candidate. Though he was holding something that appeared to be shaped like an ax, but looking closer it is a smart phone on a selfie stick. Still, if that was a black guy...
A confrontation can easily meet the legal definition of 'assault':

Assault is generally defined as an intentional act that puts another person in reasonable apprehension of imminent harmful or offensive contact. No physical injury is required, but the actor must have intended to cause a harmful or offensive contact with the victim and the victim must have thereby been put in immediate apprehension of such a contact.
(source)

That's very different from the casual non-legal meaning of the word 'assault', which generally assumes actual harmful or offensive contact, and doesn't include mere apprehension of such contact, where no actual contact occurs.

I am not able to watch the video, but it's certainly assault if the victim was touched, no matter how gently, in the context of a confrontation; And may be assault even without physical contact, if the verbal confrontation was sufficiently belligerent.

Regardless, the charges are criminal trespass and disorderly conduct, according to the text at your link, and not assault.

I am not able to watch the video, but it's certainly assault if the victim was touched, no matter how gently, in the context of a confrontation; And may be assault even without physical contact, if the verbal confrontation was sufficiently belligerent.

Regardless, the charges are criminal trespass and disorderly conduct, according to the text at your link, and not assault.
AFIAK "assault" only requires the attempt. I've seen a guy arrested for spitting and missing. Once you make contact it becomes battery. Battery only requires deliberate unwanted contact, it doesn't require harm from that contact.

In the US assault in threat. Battery is physical. And I didn’t see any of either. Even tresspassing? He wasn’t anywhere he should have been other than on the wrong side of a protective barrier.

Every accusation from the right is a confession.

BREAKING NEWS: New Hampshire Republican Senate Candidate Don Bolduc Assaults Libertarian Party Activist on Camera Before Debate, Then Makes False Report to Law Enforcement​

Incredibly, after the videotaped incident, which saw Bolduc both assaulting a man and then instantly lying about it to police—a second state crime—the Republican tried to make the event national news.​

Bolduc is ahead or even in 4 of the six most recent polls. I assume the masturbator — what's his name? — is also leading the polls. Aren't these two the perfect embodiment of Republican values and character?

So what's the red check mark? Did Trump get Musk to make those red instead of blue? But Trump is banned from Twitter for now.

trump chao.JPG

That's the second time he's called Elaine Chao, Coco Chow, but I can't figure out what he means by it. Chow could be a racist thing, but what is Coco about? Another puzzling one is Peekaboo James for Letitia James. Why??? As far as I can see, nobody else knows. My only guess is these are just more signs that Trump is losing his bullying touch, like with DeSanctimonious. His glory days of Low Energy Jeb and Little Marco are past him. He just doesn't have it anymore, time to hang 'em up.

The following "stressed" Republican was a candidate for the at-large seat of the Maricopa County Community College District. This may sound like a minor office, but over a million votes were cast in this election. The masturbating Republican candidate was Randy Kaufman who suspended his campaign but did not withdraw. The Democrat Kelli Butler won the race.

Every accusation from the right is a confession.

The public masturbator had an R by his name and got 356,595 votes (35.4% of votes cast).

This should lay to rest the optimistic belief that Republicans are good people with-a-clue who are gradually coming to their senses.

*tentatively raises hand*

What the living fuck is "Corporate Communism"? Apparently it has something to do with gender mutilation but I'm confused as fuck.

What the living fuck is "Corporate Communism"?
I can understand your confusion, but this is a mere linguistic distinction.

In English, Communism is "a theory or system of social organisation in which all property is owned by the community and each person contributes and receives according to their ability and needs".

In American English, Communism is "a thing I dislike, or disapprove of".

This makes political discussion with Americans very confusing.

Right wing asshole Andrew Tate posted on Twitter mocking environmental activist Greta Thunberg. She makes a good snarky response. Tate responds with a video showing how much of an asshole he is.

Now HERE is the stupid. The video included a pizza box from a Romanian pizza chain. Tate is wanted in Romania for some connection to human trafficking. With him posting proof he was currently in the country, the place he shares with his brother was raided, and they have both been arrested.

Andrew Tate on Twitter: "Hello @GretaThunberg
I have 33 cars.
My Bugatti has a w16 8.0L quad turbo.
My TWO Ferrari 812 competizione have 6.5L v12s.
This is just the start.
Please provide your email address so I can send a complete list of my car collection and their respective enormous emissions. (pic link)" / Twitter

Showing him with one of his cars.

She responded
Greta Thunberg on Twitter: "yes, please do enlighten me. email me at smalldickenergy@getalife.com" / Twitter

He first responded
Andrew Tate on Twitter: "@GretaThunberg How dare you?!" / Twitter
then
Andrew Tate on Twitter: "Thank you for confirming via your email address that you have a small penis @GretaThunberg
The world was curious.
And I do agree you should get a life ❤️ (vid link)" / Twitter

Showing more of AT vs. GT.

"How dare you?" is an allusion to
Transcript: Greta Thunberg's Speech At The U.N. Climate Action Summit : NPR - back in 2019
My message is that we'll be watching you.

"This is all wrong. I shouldn't be up here. I should be back in school on the other side of the ocean. Yet you all come to us young people for hope. How dare you!

"You have stolen my dreams and my childhood with your empty words. And yet I'm one of the lucky ones. People are suffering. People are dying. Entire ecosystems are collapsing. We are in the beginning of a mass extinction, and all you can talk about is money and fairy tales of eternal economic growth. How dare you!

A few months earlier, Controversial influencer Andrew Tate claims ‘depression isn’t real’ | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site
Interviewed by Piers Morgan.
“I believe that feeling depressed is real. I don’t believe that depression as a clinical disease is real,” the controversial internet star said.

The Sky News host disagreed with Tate’s comment.

“Not an eminent doctor in the world would agree with you,” Morgan said.

“You think you know more than doctors?”

Tate argued that he doesn’t believe the condition.

“I can’t become clinically depressed because I don’t believe in it,” he said.

“I can’t be haunted by ghosts if I don’t believe in ghosts.”

Back
Top Bottom