• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Day without stupid: redux

Not quite a pyramid scheme, but does sound quite stupid.
article said:
Republican presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy announced a new initiative Monday that will give his followers a cut of the action if they prod their friends, family, and social media followers to help fill his fledgling campaign’s coffers.

His most ardent supporters will now be able to join a program called "Vivek’s Kitchen Cabinet" and share a personalized donation link as widely as they wish. If their entreaties are successful, they will get a commission equal to 10%.
So you get your friends and family to donate to this guy, you get 10%. Not certain how that works, they give you the cash and you give it to Vivek or they give it to Vivek and click "give 10% reward to my idiot friend"?

"The Cleveland County Republican Party invited him to speak at the Norman Central Library. The room was packed with many unhappy Oklahomans, making for an hour of chaos," reported David Chasanov.

"It doesn't matter how much the radical left attacks me," Walters told the crowd. 'It doesn't matter how much the teachers union spends against me. I will never stop speaking truth."

However, things got tricky for Walters when someone asked him if teaching about the infamous "Black Wall Street" massacre in the city of Tulsa would be banned under his restrictions on teaching "Critical Race Theory."

"Let’s not tie it to the skin color and say that the skin color determined that," Walters replied.

The Tulsa massacre was an act of racial mass terrorism in 1921 that destroyed the Greenwood District of Tulsa, a nationally-renowned prosperous community nicknamed "Black Wall Street." After a 19-year-old Black shoeshiner named Dick Rowland was arrested on trumped-up charges for allegedly assaulting a white elevator operator named Sarah Page, white residents of Tulsa rioted, looting and burning down the Greenwood District. Roughly 300 people were killed, and when the National Guard was sent in, the Black residents were arrested by the thousands.
Exactly. It’s not the color of the skin that was important. It was the color of the light reflected from their skin.

Good ole Trump. When you think his idea is really dumb, but then you realize it was even dumber than you first understood.
article said:
"Just buy the land. I know more about land than any other human on Earth. Let's do it, okay?" Taylor quotes Trump as saying.

"Give the ranchers ladders. They can use ladders to get to the other side, but not doors. You could use small fire trucks. Call the local fire stations, and use the ladders on their trucks to help them get over."
Yes, fire trucks.

McCarthy was reportedly miffed that Swalwell called him "weak" on the House floor after House Republicans voted to censure Rep. Adam Schiff, yet another California lawmaker. At the time, McCarthy goaded his Democratic colleagues as their jeers and boos delayed his required reading of the resolution that formally admonished Schiff.

"This is pathetic," Swalwell told McCarthy, according to The Daily Beast. "You're weak. You're a weak man."

The speaker was still angry about it the following day when he saw Swalwell trying to leave the House floor. McCarthy then tried to block the Democrat as the pair proceeded to get in each other's faces. At one point, McCarthy issued a stern warning to his colleague.

"Call me a pussy again, and I'll kick your ass," McCarthy allegedly said.

Swalwell was undeterred. "You. Are. A. Pussy," Swalwell reportedly replied, emphasizing each word of his insult.

McCarthy eventually relented and the two continued with respective days.
Pussy...

:hysterical:

There's a big time gap to his energy-independence year: 2040. Is that it?

There's a big time gap to his energy-independence year: 2040. Is that it?
Nope. No credit/debit card. No choosing the octane rating. And not squeezing the handle.
Around here, you don't need a credit/debit card until you're finished filling up; And you select the octane rating by which hose you pick up.

Not squeezing the handle makes for a cheap fuel stop, but it takes infinitely longer to fill the tank that way. ;)

Around here, you don't need a credit/debit card until you're finished filling up; And you select the octane rating by which hose you pick up.
Here the first step it the card.

How do you handle drive offs if the card isn't used until the gasoline is already in the tank?

And, around there, up is down and August is winter.
Things are different here where decent folk live.
Tom

Here the first step it the card.

How do you handle drive offs if the card isn't used until the gasoline is already in the tank?
They call the cops.

And, around there, up is down and August is winter.
Things are different here where decent folk live.
Tom
Of course August is winter. It's only 27°C (80°F, for those watching in black and white) here today. What kind of hell-hole would consider that to be a suitable temperature for summer?

Back
Top Bottom