• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Poll Dem VP Pic: your choice?

Reflecting that a poll is included in the thread.

Democratic Vice President Pick

• Josh Shapiro

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Gretchen Whimer

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Michelle Obama

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cory Booker

• Hillary Clinton

• Chuck Schumer

• Other?

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Eric Swalwell

• Andy Beshear

• Total voters
Wait. How do I do a poll? Can’t add the following:

1 Gretchen Whitmer
2. Josh Shapiro
3. Michelle Obama
4. Cory Booker
5. Hillary Clinton
6. Chuck Schumer
7. Other?

1 Gretchen Whitmer
2. Josh Shapiro
3. Michelle Obama
4. Cory Booker
5. Hillary Clinton
6. Chuck Schumer
7. Other?
1. Whitmer, I like. Two women, I worry. BUT - imo, Whitmer would do a great job as Veep.
2. Shapiro? Governor Cotton Candy??? oh no, no, don't do that to us. That man is milquetoast. Cotton Candy sure is sweet, no matter what color...
3. Michelle Obama is on record as a big NO to the White House; she is opposed to the idea. I see the headlines, how "GOP fears her." She won't do it.
4. Cory Booker has Bob Menendez baggage that he may not be able to overcome. A lot of folks dislike him, and, I'm from NJ. I've voted for him. NJ Dems vote for piles of shit (least stinky). Show me that he has a higher national profile than I think and I will send money to ___.
5. no
6. no
7. __

ANDY KIM - via X formerly Twitter:

10 yrs ago, then Vice President Biden pulled me aside in a hallway outside the Oval Office and said “Andy, remember it’s not that all politics is local, it’s that all politics is personal.” In his lifetime of service, President Biden has given our country everything he had. He worked so hard to improve our nation because it’s personal for him. But he also connected with me and so many others because he cared about us. As a result Biden will go down in history as a leader of consequence and a man who loved his country. His decision to lift up a new generation of leadership is extraordinary and one that cements his legacy. Thank you President Biden.

ETA https://kim.house.gov/

Congressman Andy Kim represents the Third Congressional District of New Jersey. Congressman Kim has dedicated his life to serving the country. He worked as a career public servant under both Democrats and Republicans, having served at USAID, the Pentagon, the State Department, the White House National Security Council, and in Afghanistan as an advisor to Generals Petraeus and Allen.

In the House of Representatives, Congressman Kim is working on an agenda to bring this country together and strengthen its national and economic security. He supports strong measures that boost our economy by investing in small businesses and innovation, creating fairness and opportunities for working families, and honoring America's promises to military families and veterans.

Congressman Kim and his wife are currently raising two little boys down the street from where he grew up.

1 Gretchen Whitmer
2. Josh Shapiro
3. Michelle Obama
4. Cory Booker
5. Hillary Clinton
6. Chuck Schumer
7. Other?
1. Whitmer, I like. Two women, I worry. BUT - imo, Whitmer would do a great job as Veep.
2. Shapiro? Governor Cotton Candy??? oh no, no, don't do that to us. That man is milquetoast. Cotton Candy sure is sweet, no matter what color...
3. Michelle Obama is on record as a big NO to the White House; she is opposed to the idea. I see the headlines, how "GOP fears her." She won't do it.
4. Cory Booker has Bob Menendez baggage that he may not be able to overcome. A lot of folks dislike him, and, I'm from NJ. I've voted for him. NJ Dems vote for piles of shit (least stinky). Show me that he has a higher national profile than I think and I will send money to ___.
5. no
6. no
7. __

10 yrs ago, then Vice President Biden pulled me aside in a hallway outside the Oval Office and said “Andy, remember it’s not that all politics is local, it’s that all politics is personal.” In his lifetime of service, President Biden has given our country everything he had. He worked so hard to improve our nation because it’s personal for him. But he also connected with me and so many others because he cared about us. As a result Biden will go down in history as a leader of consequence and a man who loved his country. His decision to lift up a new generation of leadership is extraordinary and one that cements his legacy. Thank you President Biden.

Congressman Andy Kim represents the Third Congressional District of New Jersey. Congressman Kim has dedicated his life to serving the country. He worked as a career public servant under both Democrats and Republicans, having served at USAID, the Pentagon, the State Department, the White House National Security Council, and in Afghanistan as an advisor to Generals Petraeus and Allen.

In the House of Representatives, Congressman Kim is working on an agenda to bring this country together and strengthen its national and economic security. He supports strong measures that boost our economy by investing in small businesses and innovation, creating fairness and opportunities for working families, and honoring America's promises to military families and veterans.

Congressman Kim and his wife are currently raising two little boys down the street from where he grew up.

My choices:

Mark Kelly
Gretchen Whitmer

ANDY KIM

ANDY fukkin KIM
I’m sure he’s a fine guy. But an obscure Asian representative from New Jersey isn’t likely to help get her the electoral votes she needs from swing states.
Hey @SLD when you say obscure, what?? NO SCANDAL in a NJ DEM?? ohhhh gosh.

He worked as a career public servant under both Democrats and Republicans, having served at USAID, the Pentagon, the State Department, the White House National Security Council, and in Afghanistan as an advisor to Generals Petraeus and Allen.

Objectively, Rep Kim is more qualified than Gov Whitmer and I am telling you that I will S your L D if he has any moral failings or skeletons in his closet or any shameful history or nonsense like Booker does.

ETA Chuck Schumer is too old and has a bad national profile. Tainted goods.

I expect the Dem Convention to draw a much bigger audience than the dick licking charade that the Republicans put on. That alone might be the last straw for Dolt45’s Big Mac saturated heart.

I have every confidence that the eventual nominee will be better able to intelligibly articulate the truth, than Sleepy Joe (day for day the best president of my lifetime) would ever manage.
I will vote for that person.

1 Gretchen Whitmer
2. Josh Shapiro
3. Michelle Obama
4. Cory Booker
5. Hillary Clinton
6. Chuck Schumer
7. Other?
5. no
6. no
7. __

My choices:

Mark Kelly
Gretchen Whitmer

Kelly is an awesome option but Senate seat at risk and I don't know if his wife would want to go through the stresa. She might, but it definitely is a question.

Kelly is an awesome option but Senate seat at risk and I don't know if his wife would want to go through the stresa. She might, but it definitely is a question.

I remember tuning into the debate between Kelly and Blake "Alien in a Human Suit" Masters in the last election. I thought "man, this guy was a fighter pilot, astronaut, and real American hero. No way he'd lose to this corporate sack of flesh!"

It was...not good. Dude can fit a billion-dollar science experiment on the side of the ISS during a space-walk, but as a debater? He shit the bed. Stuck to his talking points and didn't respond to Master's challenges with "I went through a fiery reentry into the atmosphere, you punk!" He was calm, cool, collected, and boring. He won the election because Masters was just that bad of a candidate, but while I'd trust Kelly to fly a rocket to the International Space Station and get me back safely, I don't think he's a very good politician.

I added your poll for you, SLD. Polls were shut off for the presidential politics node so I turned it on.

If you want more names added, post them here and I will add them to the poll.

On a completely useless trivia factoid, this will be the first time since 1884 that we get a new president in a year ending the number 4.

PETE. For fuck's sake. Pete Buttigieg. No one articulates the very heart of issues and Republicans' utter failure in all areas like Pete. It's way more than just historic to put Pete on the ticket as VP.

I love Whitmer, but does she really have that much recognition? Hilary and Michelle are both huge Nos, not because I wouldn't support that shit with all of my being, but because absolutely neither of them would, if for different reasons, I'm sure.

It's gotta be Pete. He's got the affluent white man thing going for him AND he absolutely thrives on engaging Republicans and calmly, clearly taking their immorality to task.

Back
Top Bottom