• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Poll Dem VP Pic: your choice?

Reflecting that a poll is included in the thread.

Democratic Vice President Pick

• Josh Shapiro

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Gretchen Whimer

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Michelle Obama

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Cory Booker

• Hillary Clinton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chuck Schumer

• Other?

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Eric Swalwell

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Andy Beshear

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters
Shapiro is GOP Lite and he wants vouchers. If Harris wants to send tax dollars to Catholic Education and other religious schools, then Shapiro is her guy.

Ugh, Governor Cotton Candy. He is from HERE, where I live. Literally the same towns and county. He is useless.

He considered to be fairly progressive. I doubt he supports vouchers, but isn't that a state thing, or am I wrong? I don't care where he stands on vouchers, as for one thing, my two grandkids go to a voucher school run by Secular Humanists. :p Anyway, I think there are far more important things than school vouchers.

He considered to be fairly progressive. I doubt he supports vouchers, but isn't that a state thing, or am I wrong? I don't care where he stands on vouchers, as for one thing, my two grandkids go to a voucher school run by Secular Humanists. :p Anyway, I think there are far more important things than school vouchers.
School vouchers are screwing the urban school systems.

Regardless, not certain why we are going with the MN Governor. Unless Gov. Whitmer really didn't want it and they are still hunting for Michigan's and Wisconsin's EVs.

School vouchers are screwing the urban school systems.

Regardless, not certain why we are going with the MN Governor. Unless Gov. Whitmer really didn't want it and they are still hunting for Michigan's and Wisconsin's EVs.

He is expected to help in Michigan and Wisconsin, both of which are borderline and absolutely essential. Whitmer said she did not want it and anyway, she was always going to balance the ticket with a straight white cisgendered due, because those guys are the traditional DEI hires.

The pick suggests to me she intends to run an aggressive populist progressive campaign, the orignal sort of populism before right-wing “populism” came along. I think she will be right to do so.

The pick suggests to me she intends to run an aggressive populist progressive campaign, the orignal sort of populism before right-wing “populism” came along. I think she will be right to do so.
You haven't seen her ads apparently. Harris is running on a history of being a Prosecutor... but being fair. She'll hit notably on the Law and Order, but softening the edges in order to get the suburban vote.

I'd say Walz provides the Midwestern folk part to a West Coast main candidate. Gov. Whitmer would have been better as I don't think the DEI pick of a white male was necessary. But if Whitmer didn't want it, so be it. VPs do have a harder time of getting to the White House.

Well, 15 veeps became president, and that is one-third of all the presidents we have had.

Walz has a far better record on reproductive healthcare rights than Shapiro does, yay!! And ... I had to download a pdf to learn about vouchers in MN, but a cursory glance is a relief. MN hasn't gone the way of Pennsylvania.

One strategic aspect of favoring Walz over Shapiro is that if Harris had chosen Shapiro, it was not any guarantee of winning Pennsylvania. And that's hardly Shapiro's fault, that's just how Pennsyltucky is.

I'm super happy that Harris chose to skip over Shapiro for her Veep pick.

I was thinking there was one other benefit of Walz over Shapiro. The issue is the 'elite' coastal Democrats. The GOP would have loved to complain about how the elites from the NE and West Coast were ignoring the rest of America. Selecting Walz gives the Harris ticket interior America credentials.

Walz has a far better record on reproductive healthcare rights than Shapiro does, yay!! And ... I had to download a pdf to learn about vouchers in MN, but a cursory glance is a relief. MN hasn't gone the way of Pennsylvania.

One strategic aspect of favoring Walz over Shapiro is that if Harris had chosen Shapiro, it was not any guarantee of winning Pennsylvania. And that's hardly Shapiro's fault, that's just how Pennsyltucky is.

I’m moving up there to marry you just so I can vote in PA!

I’m moving up there to marry you just so I can vote in PA!
Yee haw! Help me find a better man than Fetterman. Let's make a separate thread.

Don't anyone move here without first letting me refer you to my landlady, because I'd get $$$ discount on my rent if I refer someone who pays their own rent. And it's pretty nice here.

Reactions: SLD
You haven't seen her ads apparently. Harris is running on a history of being a Prosecutor... but being fair. She'll hit notably on the Law and Order, but softening the edges in order to get the suburban vote.

I'd say Walz provides the Midwestern folk part to a West Coast main candidate. Gov. Whitmer would have been better as I don't think the DEI pick of a white male was necessary. But if Whitmer didn't want it, so be it. VPs do have a harder time of getting to the White House.
I think she showed some real strategic thinking by choosing a white male. She dropped out of the 2020 primary due to the Dems in her party being racist and sexist. By having a white man on the ticket, she has hope of getting the white men to support her. Apparently, there is a "White Dudes for Kamala" campaign group already formed. It can only grow from here.

Why do people forget that Kamala is a Jamaican-Indian-American, and not just Indian-American?
That is what Trump is asking whether Kamala is an Indian or an American. Dumb head.
Kamala is an American.

Why do people forget that Kamala is a Jamaican-Indian-American, and not just Indian-American?
That is what Trump is asking whether Kamala is an Indian or an American. Dumb head.
Kamala is an American.
He didn’t ask whether she was Indian or American. He asked whether she was Indian or black. Still dumb as fuck. It’s as if he is so stupid he can’t understand that people can and usually do have more than one ancestry.

Well, my actual pick got picked. So, happy for that, I suppose.

I voted for "magic brownies".

I just hope right wingers don't go on a crusade against Minnesota.

I love Minnesota, and Minneapolis. It's the Amsterdam of the United States.

I know of nobody who only has one ancestry except for maybe some folks down in the Deep South.

Back
Top Bottom