• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Poll Dem VP Pic: your choice?

Reflecting that a poll is included in the thread.

Democratic Vice President Pick

• Josh Shapiro

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Gretchen Whimer

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Michelle Obama

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Cory Booker

• Hillary Clinton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chuck Schumer

• Other?

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Eric Swalwell

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Andy Beshear

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters
Why do people forget that Kamala is a Jamaican-Indian-American, and not just Indian-American?
Actually I kept forgetting she was Indian.
That is what Trump is asking whether Kamala is an Indian or an American. Dumb head.
Kamala is an American.
No, that wasn't what Trump was doing. Trump was gaslighting Harris's identity to African Americans in an attempt to make it appear that she didn't think of herself as black. It is a desperate ploy to get blacks to just stay at home.

The pick suggests to me she intends to run an aggressive populist progressive campaign, the orignal sort of populism before right-wing “populism” came along. I think she will be right to do so.
You haven't seen her ads apparently. Harris is running on a history of being a Prosecutor... but being fair. She'll hit notably on the Law and Order, but softening the edges in order to get the suburban vote.

I'd say Walz provides the Midwestern folk part to a West Coast main candidate. Gov. Whitmer would have been better as I don't think the DEI pick of a white male was necessary. But if Whitmer didn't want it, so be it. VPs do have a harder time of getting to the White House.
I think she showed some real strategic thinking by choosing a white male. She dropped out of the 2020 primary due to the Dems in her party being racist and sexist. By having a white man on the ticket, she has hope of getting the white men to support her. Apparently, there is a "White Dudes for Kamala" campaign group already formed. It can only grow from here.
I tried looking and haven't found anything. What did she say regarding losing out in 2019 due to race and gender?

Why do people forget that Kamala is a Jamaican-Indian-American, and not just Indian-American?
That is what Trump is asking whether Kamala is an Indian or an American. Dumb head.
Kamala is an American.
Uh, no. That's what Modi's student association goons are asking about Harris, not what Trump was asking. And neither are really "asking" anything. What they are saying, in the form of a bullshit leading question, is "mixed race people cannot be trusted". Racist ideologies never have anything new to add to the American conversation, it's been the same tired rhetoric since the 1780s.

I didn't think to compare personalities between Vance and Harris' potential running mate. In this I think she did well in picking Walz. Walz' real midwestern charm will help accentuate what a phony and complete douche nozzle Vance is. That's some strategic girl thinking there.
I was just reminded that it was Walz who started the "weird" thing that's gotten under Trump/Vance's skin.

Walz is the pick. Breaking news.
And Kami continues her tradition of poor judgment.

Appeasing islamofascists is not a good strategy.
Fuck, you are obsessed. Most of America doesn't care about the Palestinians or those protesting in support of them. Democrats are looking to appease actual demographics that make a difference. That'd be the suburbs and determine who wins states and elections.

This is a strategic geographic decision of selecting a locally popular midwestern Governor to help tie in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania. He might even help make IA closer, but I don't expect Iowa by a long shot. This leaves GA, AZ, or NV to finish it off. It also helps repel the 'City' or 'Coastal' elites refrain had the PA Governor been selected.

I think Shapiro would have been a good selection, though my mind has been thinking of nothing but the Midwest regarding the VP nominee. Solidifying the North Wall is priority #1.

Walz is the pick. Breaking news.
And Kami continues her tradition of poor judgment.

Appeasing islamofascists is not a good strategy.

Walz supports Islamofascism? :rofl:

Trump is working on an attempt to paint Walz as an extremist. Derec is just trying to help refine the talking point. See what they can get to stick. Walz is a gun owner with a hunting license, so all they need to do to drive the point home is to dig up an old photo of him deer hunting with a Kalashnikov.

He considered to be fairly progressive. I doubt he supports vouchers, but isn't that a state thing, or am I wrong? I don't care where he stands on vouchers, as for one thing, my two grandkids go to a voucher school run by Secular Humanists. :p Anyway, I think there are far more important things than school vouchers.
School vouchers are screwing the urban school systems.

Regardless, not certain why we are going with the MN Governor. Unless Gov. Whitmer really didn't want it and they are still hunting for Michigan's and Wisconsin's EVs.
I'm not really a fan of the vouchers, but I thought it was pretty cool that the Council for Secular Humanism got to open a voucher school, and it's a highly rated school and my two grandkids go there. It only goes up to 8th grade and it's an urban school in Indy. I certainly don't think money should be taken away from public schools to be used for these schools, but from what I've read, some poor kids in urban areas have benefitted from the schools, so maybe it's a mixed bag. I'd have to do a lot more research to have an honest opinion. Still, it's a state thing, not a federal thing, and right now, there are far more important things to worry about. Maybe if urban teachers were be paid a lot more, the schools would be better.

Ok, let’s be fair. He supports appeasing it. Oh, yeah, sure. :rofl:

Tim Walz, former U.S. army officer and retired schoolteacher, and the stolid governor of a Midwestern state, supports Islamofascism.
:rofl: :rofl::rofl:
Pood, a not very stolid poster on IMDB, lacks rudimentary reading comprehension.
I did not say he personally supports islamofascism, but that he is far more acceptable to the islamofascists than Shapiro, who is Jewish.

That may be why you reacted negatively to Tim Walz,
No, I was aware of that invertebrate since 2020. But the "weird" thing is what catapulted him to prominence in the Veepstakes.
but he actually has a lot of experience in government in a variety of roles, including the state legislature. He is a somewhat more experienced politician than Josh Shapiro, who has been an Attorney General before being elected governor a short time ago.
I will give you that. Walz does have more experience, but he is also considerably older than Shapiro.
Walz is a very popular governor in Minnesota.
And Shapiro is a very popular governor of Pennsylvania.
It is thought that he is much more likeable than Shapiro, some of whose past positions have made him controversial with the Democratic base.
I think trying to appease the more rabid parts of the Democratic base are a bad choice. She should have focused more on winning the middle.
In effect, both running mates appeal to their respective bases. That's a recipe for further polarization of US politics, which is not a good development.

The last things Democrats need right now is a VP pick that could stir up dissension in the ranks.
If Shapiro has alienated part of the base, that's a good reason to go with someone else.
Focusing on the base, especially extremist parts of the base, leaves the middle exposed. That's where Trump/Vance ticket is vulnerable.

Tim Walz, former U.S. army officer and retired schoolteacher, and the stolid governor of a Midwestern state, supports Islamofascism.
:rofl: :rofl::rofl:
Pood, a not very stolid poster on IMDB, lacks rudimentary reading comprehension.
I did not say he personally supports islamofascism, but that he is far more acceptable to the islamofascists than Shapiro, who is Jewish.
I actually corrected it. You say picking him “appeases” Islamofascism, and now you actually say he is “far more acceptable: to the Islamofascists. Post or of that, or retract. And my reading comprehension far exceeds yours, as does my knowledge of world affairs. You actually believe, or purport to believe, that “Islamofascists” give two shits about who Kamala Harris picks for veep.

s12afg93w2hd1.png

I actually corrected it. You say picking him “appeases” Islamofascism, and now you actually say he is “far more acceptable: to the Islamofascists.
Two are the same. The islamofascists are appeased because Walz is more acceptable to them.
Post or of that, or retract. And my reading comprehension far exceeds yours, as does my knowledge of world affairs.
And you are Dunning-Kruger in full effect.
You actually believe, or purport to believe, that “Islamofascists” give two shits about who Kamala Harris picks for veep.
Pro-Palestinian Groups Seek to Thwart Josh Shapiro’s Chances for Harris’s V.P.

Unfortunately, they were successful and now we have the guy who freed the murderer of an 11 year old girl.
20080304__edwards_tyesha_-shooting_vic.jpg

Back
Top Bottom