• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Democratic Debate #1

To add the whole quote and attribution:

“The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality of happiness, and by no means a necessity of life.”

George Bernard Shaw

Sounds like Shaw - and a great companion quote to "The evil LOVE it in Hell - it was made for them!"

Wrong. it was made as a punishment for them by God. God makes sure that you won't enjoy Hell.

What a juvenile take on Hell.

What an asinine take on religion. You think you're right about hell? Tell it to the Jews buddy.

Wrong. it was made as a punishment for them by God. God makes sure that you won't enjoy Hell.

What an asinine take on religion. You think you're right about hell? Tell it to the Jews buddy.

You say that as if you believe what the Jews have to say!

Take it from the Jews, take it from the Buddhists - I'd take it from damn near anyone before a godfeerin' murkin evangelitard.

Pretty sick how the left is saying that Kamala Harris isn't black enough for their liking. My God! What is with the left's obsession with race? Why does it matter how black someone is? This is getting way out of control. This is almost like a parody of life, but it's real life.

Pretty sick how the left is saying that Kamala Harris isn't black enough for their liking. My God! What is with the left's obsession with race? Why does it matter how black someone is? This is getting way out of control. This is almost like a parody of life, but it's real life.

We'll get to that in a minute. We are still discussing your asinine claim about hell. Or is this another one of your pathetic attempts to change the subject because, as usual, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Not as sick as this hot new ride!

160710-car-ferrari_j50_3_4_fr-1024x724_i610x344.jpg

Even if Harris wasn't fair (I think she was), what's fair is to criticize Biden for not being able to make the argument you are making or a better argument than he did. He could have been honest about his support of busing, and argued that busing was wrong, or he could have said that he sees now that he was wrong then. The way he answered was horrible.

I do agree with Derec that it's weird to make busing a litmus today. Harris can get away with it only because most people today have no idea what to think about busing, and will assume her take is right, especially the way Biden answered her which only reinforced her premise. (Harris was also very sneaky with how she started out "I don't believe you're a racist" which probably made many viewers wonder, "why is she saying that, are people calling him racist? I'll have to look into his racism more" so now they have associated Biden with racism. It was quite vicious of her. Much respect.)
I disagree. Saying "I don't believe you are a racist" undercuts an easy response by Biden. Now he has to address busing... and he did it better than Trump, but not by much.

Actually, that meme was started and maintained primarily by Republicans. So far, I haven't heard any Democrats making that claim, although I have read that some Asian women are disappointed that Harris hasn't put more emphasis on her Indian heritage, which isn't the same thing as saying she's not really black. One of my closest black friends can't stand Harris, but it has nothing to do with her not being black enough. She feels that Harris sometimes comes across as phony. I agree, but I'll take her mild phoniness over the extreme phoniness of the ass in the WH. If a mildly phony black woman can take down the most horrible phony white guy we've ever had in the WH during my lifetime, then I'm with her. And, my friend will vote for Harris if she becomes the nominee, because like me, she will vote for anyone who isn't Trump!

But, I really do think we should give Half Life an award for his ability to derail more threads than any one else. Way to go HL! At least you're good at something.

Actually, that meme was started and maintained primarily by Republicans. So far, I haven't heard any Democrats making that claim, although I have read that some Asian women are disappointed that Harris hasn't put more emphasis on her Indian heritage, which isn't the same thing as saying she's not really black. One of my closest black friends can't stand Harris, but it has nothing to do with her not being black enough. She feels that Harris sometimes comes across as phony. I agree, but I'll take her mild phoniness over the extreme phoniness of the ass in the WH. If a mildly phony black woman can take down the most horrible phony white guy we've ever had in the WH during my lifetime, then I'm with her. And, my friend will vote for Harris if she becomes the nominee, because like me, she will vote for anyone who isn't Trump!

But, I really do think we should give Half Life an award for his ability to derail more threads than any one else. Way to go HL! At least you're good at something.
Half-Life's hyperbole transcends well beyond Poe.

You mean those original authors of "the" bible? ya... I'd take a primary source over someone's fiction-producing butt crack.

Not in this Democratic party... I know plenty of Dumbercrats that will withhold their vote exactly because the primary winner isn't "black enough" or "anti-racist enough" or "experienced enough".. or whatever their favorite labeling is to compare with their sophomoric, idealist, fantasy PC President.... That the candidate is a billion times more "black" or "more anti-racist" or "experienced" than the incumbent will continue to forever escape them.

Not in this Democratic party... I know plenty of Dumbercrats that will withhold their vote exactly because the primary winner isn't "black enough" or "anti-racist enough" or "experienced enough".. or whatever their favorite labeling is to compare with their sophomoric, idealist, fantasy PC President.... That the candidate is a billion times more "black" or "more anti-racist" or "experienced" than the incumbent will continue to forever escape them.

I knew some like that in 2016, but so far, I haven't met any who say they won't vote if the nominee isn't the one that they wanted. I have seen some editorials written by moderate Republicans who hate Trump, say they would like to vote for the Democratic nominee, but they won't if the person is too progressive. It's all really silly when you consider that no president, at least not in the past 50 years, has ever been able to get most of what they wanted, and the Congress would have to be far more liberal than it currently is for that to change. I seriously doubt that's going to happen in the foreseeable future. I'm a liberal, but I'm also a realist.

You mean those original authors of "the" bible? ya... I'd take a primary source over someone's fiction-producing butt crack.

So when a Jew tells you, "Moses received the commandments directly from God on Mount Sinai," you agree with the Jew?

Very interesting.

I can tell you this. Donald Trump is UNITER. Believe me. He said so himself. And he's been uniting the right and uniting the left ever since. In 2016 the Repuglicans were united and the Dumbocrats weren't. 2020 will show a much more UNITED opposition to Trump, thanks to his uniting efforts. Many people who sat out 2016 will come out and vote. So barring manipulation of the vote tallies (fraud, per rethuglican tactics) he will end up with his 38-42% of the popular vote, and the electoral vote will be close due to the inequities of the EC system.
But I'll give odds that he won't win the popular vote.
Remember:
1) No more Hillary :mad: and,
2) The seriousness of the threat Trump poses to democracy is far more evident now than it was in 2016.

If the election is anything like fair, the 'pugs will be lucky to hold the Senate.

I knew some like that in 2016, but so far, I haven't met any who say they won't vote if the nominee isn't the one that they wanted. I have seen some editorials written by moderate Republicans who hate Trump, say they would like to vote for the Democratic nominee, but they won't if the person is too progressive.

Yeah, and they all write articles that are basically this

rich.JPG

Why do people think we need this mythical 'moderate Republican' vote, when chasing after it has always resulted in electoral defeat for the Democrats?

I am watching debates and got a practical question. It seems most candidates when asked about deportations of people who have done nothing wrong except being illegal, say they should not be deported. Does that mean that I can come to US as a tourist and stay forever?
What's the catch?

Back
Top Bottom