• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Democrats 2020

Best Chance for a Progressive Presiden in Your Lifetime

...is now Joe Biden.
I would ask all those who think he's just as or almost as bad as Trump: please hold your fire, keep your powder dry and wait to see who gets nominated for VP.
It is very possible that he may be unable to fulfill the actuarial promise of living another ten years ... esp in a state that would enable him to function as President.

Joe Biden's shortlist for cabinet picks was leaked.

Why it matters: Biden advisers describe a Return to Normal plan โ€” a reversal of President Trump's unorthodox, improvisational style. Biden wants known, trusted people around him โ€” many from the Obama years.

Some highlights.

Jamie Dimon (JPMorgan): Treasury
Anna Finucane (Bank of America): Treasury
Mike Bloomberg: World Bank
Deval Patrick (Bain Capital): VP
Tom Nides (Morgan Stanley): Commerce

Elizabeth Warren must be darn flummoxed about which candidate to endorse, such a hard decision for someone of her principled convictions :rolleyesa:

I seriously doubt that list is true. In fact, I doubt that Biden has decided who he wants in his cabinet should he become the nominee. Enough with the unsubstantiated rumors. I don't think Biden even knows who he wants to be his VP, although he has supposedly spoken to several women about the possibility of having them as his VP. I just hope its someone much younger than him. Hopefully, this will be the last election when we end up having to choose between a couple of old white men.

The Axios article was just a discussion of several names under consideration by advisers to Biden. PH just cherrypicked a few and called them Biden's "shortlist of cabinet picks" in order to provoke a reaction from people. There was no shortlist mentioned in the article.

I seriously doubt that list is true. In fact, I doubt that Biden has decided who he wants in his cabinet should he become the nominee. Enough with the unsubstantiated rumors. I don't think Biden even knows who he wants to be his VP, although he has supposedly spoken to several women about the possibility of having them as his VP. I just hope its someone much younger than him. Hopefully, this will be the last election when we end up having to choose between a couple of old white men.

The Axios article was just a discussion of several names under consideration by advisers to Biden. PH just cherrypicked a few and called them Biden's "shortlist of cabinet picks" in order to provoke a reaction from people. There was no shortlist mentioned in the article.

Oh, well, it's not the short-list. So nothing to see here.

I don't think Biden even knows who he wants to be his VP, although he has supposedly spoken to several women about the possibility of having them as his VP.

I saw a Bernie or Bust type posting on FB that he should select Bernie as his running mate to unify the party. I confess I had had that thought as well, but only pursued it to the point of thinking up a campaign slogan:
"Vote Joe & Bernie - At least one of them is likely to survive a term."

I find it oddly suspicious that Biden surged ahead after losing all three of the first primaries / caucuses to Sanders, especially given his advanced dementia.

Is it possible that Putin has decided it would be easier to manipulate someone with dementia than someone with narcissism?

I find it oddly suspicious that Biden surged ahead after losing all three of the first primaries / caucuses to Sanders

The answer is in your statement (hint: caucuses).

Is it possible that Putin has decided it would be easier to manipulate someone with dementia than someone with narcissism?

If that were true, then he deserves to win everything, because it would have meant he made Trump risk impeachment by telling him to blackmail Ukraine and enlist China in the most far reaching and forward thinking false flag attempt ever recorded.

I don't think Biden even knows who he wants to be his VP, although he has supposedly spoken to several women about the possibility of having them as his VP.

I saw a Bernie or Bust type posting on FB that he should select Bernie as his running mate to unify the party. I confess I had had that thought as well, but only pursued it to the point of thinking up a campaign slogan:
"Vote Joe & Bernie - At least one of them is likely to survive a term."

Grumpy old men? I really think Biden needs to find himself a June VP.

I find it oddly suspicious that Biden surged ahead after losing all three of the first primaries / caucuses to Sanders, especially given his advanced dementia.

I had a doozy about Trump classifying the Covid-19 meetings but self control got the better of me.

The answer is in your statement (hint: caucuses).
The real reason for the quick turnaround is
1. Clyburn endorsement (which will have to be paid back with a black female veep, hopefully somebody like Kamala Harris [would Clyburn even see her as black enough given that she is half Jamaican and half Indian and therefore not ADOS?] or Val Demings and not somebody currently unqualified like Stacey Abrams)
2. Pete and Klob withdrawing and endorsing Joe
3. Bloomberg not going on attack against Warren and Biden in the debates and withdrawing prematurely (he should have kept himself in the fight until Florida at least!)

Last edited:

If that were true, then he deserves to win everything, because it would have meant he made Trump risk impeachment by telling him to blackmail Ukraine and enlist China in the most far reaching and forward thinking false flag attempt ever recorded.

I don't see how those are connected. Too convoluted. How does the Trump impeachment impact Biden beating Bernie in the primary?

I am not liking Joe's interactions with citizens.

ON THE OTHER HAND, I would love for you to say that to his face.

It seems that most of the Presidential dropouts are endorsing Joe Biden.

Who endorses Bernie Sanders: Marianne Williamson

Who endorses Elizabeth Warren: Julian Castro

No known endorsement:
  • Michael Bennet
  • Tom Steyer
  • Elizabeth Warren

I'm leaving out the numerous Congresspeople who have endorsed some candidate.

Fan Clubs:
  • Andrew Yang - the Yang Gang
  • Kamala Harris - the KHive

Why would he consider that when he already has someone with both?

Bernie Sanders is known for having belligerent "Bernie Bro" followers, followers, who are sometimes rather sexist.

But I recently discovered Twitter hashtag #SandersSister for his female followers: Nina Turner, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Rashida Tlaib, Pramila Jayapal, Ilhan Omar, ...

Ocasio-Cortez says Sanders should continue primary fight | TheHill - if nothing else, to push policies in his direction.
Ocasio-Cortez pointed to Sanders's strength with young people and Latinos over Biden, arguing that the party should take into account why those electorates preferred the Vermont senator when it works to unify after a nominee is ultimately chosen.

Ocasio-Cortez also argued that Sanders shouldn't drop out while states have yet to hold their primary elections. Arizona, Illinois, Florida and Ohio all have their primaries next week, though Biden currently leads in polling of all four states.

"I think overall in general, there's something to be said about ending a process before millions of people have been able to vote. And so I think just in terms of process it's important for people to have their say," Ocasio-Cortez said.
So she wants everybody to have a chance to vote.

She also said that it was up to Bernie Sanders to decide whether or not he should quit, just as she said that about Elizabeth Warren.
"Just as I said with Sen. Warren, I think that these are the decisions up to the candidates and the campaigns. These are intensely personal decisions, so I'm not here to โ€” whether it's one candidate or another, I never tell people when that is," Ocasio-Cortez said.

Election Update: Sanders Needs Something Extraordinary To Happen | FiveThirtyEight
Joe Biden Now Has A Clear Path To Be The Democratic Nominee | FiveThirtyEight
Bloomberg Lost, But He May Still Get What He Wanted | FiveThirtyEight

Sanders Shouldnโ€™t Expect A Big Delegate Boost From Candidates Who Dropped Out | FiveThirtyEight - because they didn't get many delegates, and some of them likely prefer Biden, like Pete Buttigieg's, Amy Klobuchar's, and Mike Bloomberg's.

Bernie Sanders is known for having belligerent "Bernie Bro" followers, followers, who are sometimes rather sexist.

Which is like Al Gore being 'known' to have claimed to invent the internet. The 'Bernie Bro' is pretty much a myth.

This article is being passed around the Bernie Bro blogs as proof that they aren't doing what Bernie Sanders himself admitted he was disgusted by. Note that it was written by a pro-Sanders journalist who collaborated with a Harvard graduate student doing research on profiling. The methodology is largely obscure and untested. How did they define "Bernie bro" such that they could use a text mining technique to profile it? There are all kinds of problems with software designed to extract such information from social media, and I suspect that what this grad student did was essentially worthless in proving anything about the so-called "Bernie bro" group behavior online and equating it with the behavior of those who are not Bernie bros. One friend who shared this with me on Facebook said that he disagreed with Sanders when he said that he was disgusted by the behavior of some of his supporters. My friend then used his disagreement as evidence that he did not agree with everything that Sanders said or did.

Which is like Al Gore being 'known' to have claimed to invent the internet. The 'Bernie Bro' is pretty much a myth.

This article is being passed around the Bernie Bro blogs as proof that they aren't doing what Bernie Sanders himself admitted he was disgusted by. Note that it was written by a pro-Sanders journalist who collaborated with a Harvard graduate student doing research on profiling. The methodology is largely obscure and untested. How did they define "Bernie bro" such that they could use a text mining technique to profile it? There are all kinds of problems with software designed to extract such information from social media, and I suspect that what this grad student did was essentially worthless in proving anything about the so-called "Bernie bro" group behavior online and equating it with the behavior of those who are not Bernie bros. One friend who shared this with me on Facebook said that he disagreed with Sanders when he said that he was disgusted by the behavior of some of his supporters. My friend then used his disagreement as evidence that he did not agree with everything that Sanders said or did.

Well I do agree with Bernie in being disgusted by any of his followers that behave terribly. But I think it is overblown, using anecdotal evidence to try and confirm the narrative, which at the same time glosses over or ignores similar bad behavior by followers of other candidates.

Back
Top Bottom